Gang Life Ideas v.3

Gang Life Ideas v.3  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Nerf/Remove RPG's. (They currently one shot armored vehicles such as ifrits so adding the damage handler back would prevent that).

2. 2. Add "Civilian Representatives" that will be brought into dev meetings and discuss future changes.

3. 3. Make it so cops receive money for seizing vehicles based on the cost of the vehicle. (Seizing an ifrit should give the cops around 40k)

4. 4. Increase the minimum bounty able to get turned in by a bounty hunter to 10k (Please read my reasoning below before voting)

5. 5. Add the ability to get infamy for crafting illegal vehicles/weapons at black market

Nerf/Remove RPG's. (They currently one shot armored vehicles such as ifrits so adding the damage handler back would prevent that). 

There is absolutely no counter play to the current RPG situation. They cost around 20k and can blow up orcas on bank roof from far east (Around 500m away). They also one shot vehicles such as ifrits as they push the cap or hunters as they push the bank. The current RPG situation makes people not want to pull armor. I dont believe a simple price increase will be enough to deter their use and so I suggest adding the damage handler back or removing them entirely.

Add "Civilian Representatives" that will be brought into dev meetings and discuss future changes.

Obviously we have the Suggestions forum but our ideas can often times be overlooked or misconstrued. Type too much and people dont read it. Type too little and you cant get your point across. Giving the community a voice in the dev meetings will help ensure the changes are for the better. I will note that Mitch made a good effort when he was brought on as Community manager. He put on a VPN and went around to multiple gang team speaks to see what issues are of the biggest concern. I'd like to see more of that if another community manager is brought on.

Make it so cops receive money for seizing vehicles based on the cost of the vehicle. (Seizing an ifrit should give the cops around 40k)

I dont think this will be too controversial. If the cops manage to capture vehicles holding contraband they should receive payment when seizing the vehicle.

Increase the minimum bounty able to get turned in by a bounty hunter to 10k (Please read my reasoning below before voting)

Cops always complain (Myself included) that cop life is turning into more of a driving simulator. Lets give them something to do by forcing the bounty hunters out of the cities and after the bigger bounty's cops are unable to track or not skilled enough to take down.

Add the ability to get infamy for crafting illegal vehicles/weapons at black market

I'd say around 5 infamy per gun or 20 per vehicle would be a nice incentive to keep crafting items.

Starfox102, cbakes, Walt and 20 others like this
Just now, Patato said:

@TryHardSqueaker

#3 Payout on Illegal vehicles only so the robo constables don't ruin civ experience if caught with drugs.

Why is it considered robocopping to Seize trucks at the drug fields but no one cares when the hemmit that held gold bars get seized? Its not robocopping, its part of the risk of running drugs in large vehicles.

Rafael, Fried Rice, Ghouh and 4 others like this
Just now, TryHardSqueaker said:

Why is it considered robocopping to Seize trucks at the drug fields but no one cares when the hemmit that held gold bars get seized? Its not robocopping, its part of the risk of running drugs in large vehicles.

Ya but ive seen how our cop force operates. They will be seizeing every noobs potato hatch

[EXG]BlackWidow and Blake. like this
Just now, Patato said:

Ya but ive seen how our cop force operates. They will be seizeing every noobs potato hatch

Just because they're new doesn't mean they shouldn't face the same risks as everyone else. Ive been a cop for a while and have never actually been in a situation where a hatch/quad held more than 5k in contraband so I dont know what you mean by seizing every hatch back.

Dally, Blake. and Ghouh like this
19 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

Just because they're new doesn't mean they shouldn't face the same risks as everyone else. Ive been a cop for a while and have never actually been in a situation where a hatch/quad held more than 5k in contraband so I dont know what you mean by seizing every hatch back.

Asylum has a very low "seize requirement" if you will. 5k is the equivalent 50k on the majority of the unmodded life servers. Most have it set to somewhere between 300k and 500k. That being said if something like this is implemented the seize requirement should be dramatically increased.

Nerf/Remove RPG's. (They currently one shot armored vehicles such as ifrits so adding the damage handler back would prevent that).

Because a certain group use alot of times RPG which has been on the server for years and is now in the spotlight because of the dope montages

I personally think that the RPG should just stay what it is. If it was cheap I would say a * nerf it * but because of the high price that minority usually does not pay because it is not worth it and because they have no money is not really applicable to change.

Mason and LITTLE HANOI like this
Just now, DeepHouse said:

Because a certain group use alot of times RPG which has been on the server for years and is now in the spotlight because of the dope montages

I personally think that the RPG should just stay what it is. If it was cheap I would say a * nerf it * but because of the high price that minority usually does not pay because it is not worth it and because they have no money is not really applicable to change.

The montages only came after the damage handler was removed. And its not just DS. Its every gang now.

Buck likes this
5 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

The montages only came after the damage handler was removed. And its not just DS. Its every gang now.

I admit Yusheng or someone else buys and RPG 80 percent of the time we fight another gang or cops. It really takes the fun out of it and it makes armor borderline useless. It's essentially a suicide vest that you can shoot. If they want to keep them in the server that's fine but the price of a rocket has to match the utility it has which is in my opinion, twice that of a suicide vest at the very least. I'm not trying to be a toxic little shit but at the end of the day, RPG's are just a crutch for people who are bad at the game. It's simply a fact that every single vehicle can be a taken down fairly easily without using one.

Edited by Steve
Walt, TRYHARD and EthanS like this

#2 do they even happen anymore? It will never happen I don't think, as patato said admins can't even get in there. Would be beneficial to the community though.

#3 would only work with more regulations to seizing such as if someone isn't running you can't seize there shit.

Edit: also something needs to be done for RPGs I won't pull a frit since 1 rpg and You're all dead  nice gameplay much fun.

Edited by Mason Statham

#1: I wouldn't +1 a removal of RPGs, but I do +1 a price increase. Some people (DS and non-DS) have been here a while and have accumulated a good chunk of money on Asylum. RPGs / vests / speed bombs are end-game items that people choose to spend their money on to have some fun, but I do feel they're too cheap for what they do. Also, why should cartels be limited to straight-up gunplay @Steve ? Not trying to be toxic, just a genuine question. If someone whiffs an RPG (which happens plenty) that's 30k down the drain; if that person dies before getting to fire off their RPG, that's an 70k+ loadout gone if they aren't rez'd.

#2: Big #1. 

#3: Only illegal vehicles. It'd be too much IMO if they seized your illegal contraband ($$) and then received money for the vehicle itself. Cops will do it for the extra $$ and just to spite you.

#4: Kinda torn on this one. Running around Kavala with a PO7 making a few quick bucks is a viable strategy, and the infamy can add up pretty quickly. Keeping a lower minimum also helps new bounty hunters "get their feet wet."

#5: Big big big +1. I've already asked about this

And was told by Mitch it could/would be looked at but he left before anything came about :FeelsBadMan:

@Gen. Henry Arnold would removing doors bring back 150 inventory space? :)

Edited by Maaqs
1 hour ago, Maaqs said:

Also, why should cartels be limited to straight-up gunplay

Because I don’t think wiping a gang in 1 rpg shot is very fun for either side imo

Hear me out, when the defending side rpgs the attacking side ifrit yea sure everyone hypes the rpg shooter up for a minute or 2 but now you have to wait the time for us to get ready to repush now. One person did something in that fight. I think it would be a lot more fun if more than 1 person does something in a fight

Edited by EthanS
TRYHARD likes this
3 minutes ago, EthanS said:

Because I don’t think wiping a gang in 1 rpg shot is very fun for either side imo

Hear me out, when the defending side rpgs the attacking side ifrit yea sure everyone hypes the rpg shooter up for a minute or 2 but now you have to wait the time for us to get ready to repush now. One person did something in that fight. I think it would be a lot more fun if more than 1 person does something in a fight

Guess we have different views then; RPGs are a strategy now so if a gang member RPGs your Ifrit wiping the fight, well, my gang has won that cartel fight. It's likely we'll have the cartel capped by the time you can come back so now I/rest of my gang can leave and do drug runs / bank/fed/prison break / cap a different cartel. You tried bringing an Ifrit to a cartel, DS soandso countered with an RPG and it connected, GGs and GFs in sidechat.

[EXG]BlackWidow and wollie35 like this
1 hour ago, Reapered said:

How about i conduct a community meeting once every month where everybody can speak their minds one at a time and I pass on everything to Bamf where he will see it. We can have a nice discussion about everything you want to talk about. Civ rep ain’t gonna happen and this is probably the next best thing. @TryHardSqueaker

Would we actually get feedback from bamf about the ideas brought ?

13 hours ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

Add "Civilian Representatives" that will be brought into dev meetings and discuss future changes.

Olympus already done that, shit show and I dont think we really have a roadmap sad to say with bamfs absence a large portion of the time (Dont blame em' he's a busy guy.)

14 hours ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

I mean like 10 coke will be just over 6k. I feel like the amount required to sieze should be increased to like 20k or something 

8 hours ago, Maaqs said:

#1: I wouldn't +1 a removal of RPGs, but I do +1 a price increase. Some people (DS and non-DS) have been here a while and have accumulated a good chunk of money on Asylum. RPGs / vests / speed bombs are end-game items that people choose to spend their money on to have some fun, but I do feel they're too cheap for what they do. Also, why should cartels be limited to straight-up gunplay @Steve ? Not trying to be toxic, just a genuine question. If someone whiffs an RPG (which happens plenty) that's 30k down the drain; if that person dies before getting to fire off their RPG, that's an 70k+ loadout gone if they aren't rez'd.

#2: Big #1. 

#3: Only illegal vehicles. It'd be too much IMO if they seized your illegal contraband ($$) and then received money for the vehicle itself. Cops will do it for the extra $$ and just to spite you.

#4: Kinda torn on this one. Running around Kavala with a PO7 making a few quick bucks is a viable strategy, and the infamy can add up pretty quickly. Keeping a lower minimum also helps new bounty hunters "get their feet wet."

#5: Big big big +1. I've already asked about this

And was told by Mitch it could/would be looked at but he left before anything came about :FeelsBadMan:

@Gen. Henry Arnold would removing doors bring back 150 inventory space? :)

It's because for the better part of Asylum's existence the RPG'S were not in the game then out of nowhere it's likely some dev gets dropped on by cops in a hunter or rebels in an ifrit and he thinks it's BS that they can "just do that." Part of me wants them gone completely because as I said they are a crutch for those lacking skill, and that it's likely that they were added in the game for that very reason. The other thing is that speed bombs, suicide vests, and grenades really require more then just "point and click" with the rpg. All those other things but an RPG is avoidable. As I said in the other post it's effectively a suicide vest you can shoot that's actually cheaper or at most times the same price. If they wanna keep them in the game fine, but the Rockets should cost twice that of a suicide vest, for having twice the utility.

Edit:Its not that I want only gunplay, it's that the use of the rpgs has gone too far.

Edited by Steve
EthanS, DankBud and Maaqs like this