Durable and cheap recommendation?

Monsie

Hey everyone,

So I'm hunting for a new laptop, I know my specs decently, but money is tight (college kid) and I don't want to make a mistake.

Anyways, my current laptop is breaking because it wasn't very sturdy, the paneling started to chip and now the entire thing is falling apart (wear and tear from just carrying it around on my back constantly. I'm looking for some combination of this

-Some light gaming abilities. I'm not looking for much, but just to run some really easy games when I can (things like Panzer Corp or FTL) the regular Integrated Graphics card is fine. Not the biggest priority, but would like something I can do on the bus etc

-Durable, like I said, my current one is breaking apart at the seems and I haven't done too much to it (not to say I couldn't have treated it more gently, but I haven't dropped it or anything)

-Price range. I don't have a concrete one, but cheaper the better. Like I said, college kid who makes a little above minimum wage.

-decent battery and not being huge would be a plus. But isn't critical.

I know these are all the big points that get repeated. So in short I'm looking for a good utilitarian laptop that runs all the generic college applications.

Alternatively, you can refer to the laptop described in this article and tell me which one is the best. I am really confused. https://pc4u.org/best-gaming-laptop-under-600-dollars/

Thanks!

Edited by Monsie
7 hours ago, Monsie said:

Hey everyone,

So I'm hunting for a new laptop, I know my specs decently, but money is tight (college kid) and I don't want to make a mistake.

Anyways, my current laptop is breaking because it wasn't very sturdy, the paneling started to chip and now the entire thing is falling apart (wear and tear from just carrying it around on my back constantly. I'm looking for some combination of this

-Some light gaming abilities. I'm not looking for much, but just to run some really easy games when I can (things like Panzer Corp or FTL) the regular Integrated Graphics card is fine. Not the biggest priority, but would like something I can do on the bus etc

-Durable, like I said, my current one is breaking apart at the seems and I haven't done too much to it (not to say I couldn't have treated it more gently, but I haven't dropped it or anything)

-Price range. I don't have a concrete one, but cheaper the better. Like I said, college kid who makes a little above minimum wage.

-decent battery and not being huge would be a plus. But isn't critical.

I know these are all the big points that get repeated. So in short I'm looking for a good utilitarian laptop that runs all the generic college applications. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i5-8250U-GeForce-E5-576G-5762/dp/B075FLBJV7

this is one of the top laptops price performance comparison with everything you want as a student.

I don't know what you study, and how much you use a laptop, and you can cheaper if you really want, but this laptop will be viable for a good amount of years

be carefull with laptops they are fragile machines, i myself have the https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1180743/asus-vivobook-s510un-bq434t/specificaties/, it works good and is very fast, but it has some downsides. (I would have bought the acer aspire if it was available in the netherlands)

It's kinda future proof since the ram is upgradable (I believe it comes with 1 x 8 GB, which means you could just buy another 8 GB for like 70 euros (idk how much in  ameri a) and it would be a very strong machine

Nick likes this