Cop paychecks based on Bounties captured, not ticket prices.

Ive been thinking of a way where cops would still get pretty much the same amount of money without gaining money from tickets, and would still incentivize cops to go after large bounties, sort of a way to maybe reduce the incentive for cops to ignore rp and give large tickets so they make more money. This is the best i could come up with so far, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r5-L2fF5AzFmopaJEziL17hCp4Us9ijMMV0DllRJaRI/edit?usp=sharing. Its not perfect, but I want to post it here so it can maybe act as a springboard for other ideas on cop paychecks. My thinking is to start the cops with a base paycheck of $1500 every 5 minutes when they join the server, and add a sort of money multiplier to their paychecks based on the amount of the bounties that has been caught since they logged on, meaning for example, if the police were to catch $100k of bounties, and only gave out a 10k ticket, theyd still get rewarded for capturing a high bounty. I picked some numbers that I thought would work reasonably well, (.00001 multiplier added for each dollar of a bounty caught). So in my example of a 100k bounty caught the paychecks would increase to $3k every 5 minutes until the server restarts, assuming the officer stayed on for a full restart, they would gain about $108k. I also got to thinking it would be a bit OP if there were 20 cops on and they all were getting $108k a restart for going after one guy, so i decided to add some nerfs into the paychecks. Currently, the multiplier decreases a bit for every cop that hops on until there are more than 10 cops, at which point the nerf would stay the same. I also thought it may be reasonable to add a very small nerf for each death the cop has, to force cops to act a bit less reckless. As an example, if 1 mil of bounties was captured during a restart, there were 10 cops on, and the player had 25 deaths, a cop would make 68k an hour, which I thought seemed pretty reasonable for a cop with 9 others on. For simplicity, I am assuming the 2km zone gets removed and everyone on cop, no matter where they are on the map will have the multiplier added, and the paycheck nerfs will be constantly changing depending on how many cops are on at a time. I think money gained from seizing evidence should remain the same and be limited to 2km. Play with the calculator a bit (youll have to make a copy to use it) and tell me what you guys think.

TLDR: Incentivize cops to reward players for RP, but still reward cops for their work. Cop income based on paychecks with multipliers and nerfs. Play with the calculator to understand more (youll have to make a copy), my numbers arent perfect, maybe suggest new ones.

Edited by Randy.
Bag Of Funyuns and cHIP oTLE like this
Just now, Randy. said:

no, then it would get messed up every time there was a bank/fed

I know but you said 

My thinking is to start the cops with a base paycheck of $1500 every 5 minutes when they join the server

that includes soft logs i think, So that is a problem.

Further than that i thought with the post title you meant more bounty's you've EVER caught will count in for a bigger paycheck.

Bag Of Funyuns likes this
Just now, TheCrestedPenguin said:

I know but you said 

that includes soft logs i think, So that is a problem.

Further than that i thought with the post title you meant more bounty's you've EVER caught will count in for a bigger paycheck.

nah, I meant the "multiplier" stays for the entire reset. Im not sure if thats even possible though, i have no idea how scripts work. Just throwing out some ideas. 

Bag Of Funyuns likes this
1 hour ago, ron the player said:

why would they get 1500$ every 5 minutes and 108k for getting a one guy?

they get free guns [spar16] , even if they buy MXM they only pay 2000$ .

just say that u wanna get 4 mill in 2 days and done with it.

Getting 108k for one guy wouldnt actually happen, unless by some miracle there was only one cop for 3 hours and that cop stayed on for the full 3 hours and that one cop arrested a 100k bounty the very first minute of the restart. And if that were to actually happen, well 108k over 3 hours is basically the same as 100k they would get from jailing the guy. Like i said play around with the calculator, the more cops that are on, the less money each person gets from a single arrest, same as now. 

Edited by Randy.
2 minutes ago, Lucien said:

If you want full bounty rewards just bounty hunt or robocop tbh

I dont think people should get full bounty rewards. With my way you would have to stay on the whole server if you wanted that much money, as opposed to what a lot of people do now which is to get on cop and find a huge bounty, robocop them, then get off because they got their payday. The amount of people that say "dont fuck with my paycheck" should show how bad its actually gotten. Thats literally the only reason a lot of people play cop now, so they can robocop and get money. 

On 10/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, Randy. said:

I dont think people should get full bounty rewards. With my way you would have to stay on the whole server if you wanted that much money, as opposed to what a lot of people do now which is to get on cop and find a huge bounty, robocop them, then get off because they got their payday. The amount of people that say "dont fuck with my paycheck" should show how bad its actually gotten. Thats literally the only reason a lot of people play cop now, so they can robocop and get money. 

Almost every time I play cop the money is literally garbage. I've very rarely made more then 100k in a couple hours of playing cop and frankly I would much rather just go play civ. However regarding the robocopping, I don't know what everyone is talking about because I either get parole or a pardon every time I want to sit and RP. If you can be even somewhat original you have a pretty good chance at getting out of it with a really low ticket, parole, or a pardon.

Sail likes this