How to Save the server....

How to Save the Server  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about the currently perm banned players on Asylum

• Mass Unban everybody with the exceptions for the people that immediatly got caught scripting.
    • Dont do anything

Right now Asylum is currently sitting at 60-70 player average during peak times. I feel like at the current rate of Asylum's player base, and with even more permanent bans being put into place, Asylum will soon no longer be financially stable to be able to continue without running at a loss. These are the reasons why @bamf should do a mass unbanning.

1. With players that were banned during 2014-2015, they will not have access to pilot coveralls and if they return to the server some of them will purchase crates in order to have them, not to mention some of them might want the ifrit skins as well. That will be a huge cash influx for @bamf

2. You wouldn't have to deal with the banned players, you just got some new admins let them deal with the consequences for this mass unbanning.

3. Did I mention more money?

As for why this mass unbanning would be helpful to the servers, here is a list of reasons why.

1. Gangs that quit entirely because their leader or someone important in their gang was banned will come back and play on the servers, bringing more content and action for your current player base.

2. Possibly more money will be donated to the community goals, making your community happy for all the discounts they will receive.

Here's how you could go about unbanning all these people. You completely wipe the entire FU list and let your admins unban people individually. If somebody comes along that didn't play asylum and all they did was script on the servers you could deny them because they weren't really a player in the first place.

We understand that Valkerie was sort of a test for unbanning douchebags but please don't let the selfish acts of 1 person ruin the chances of everybody else who truly want to come back to Asylum as a clean cut person.

The "FU list" as mentioned in the post is a ban list only the developers can access. Admins are currently unable to unban certain community members without getting the devs blessing. By wiping this list each admin can review cases on an individual basis.

@bamf if your biggest reason as to why you will not lift these bans is because you feel like it will lower the quality of life for your player base, then let the community decide if they wish to play with these players again.

3 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

Right now Asylum is currently sitting at 60-70 player average during peak times. I feel like at the current rate of Asylum's player base, and with even more permanent bans being put into place, Asylum will soon no longer be financially stable to be able to continue without running at a loss. These are the reasons why @bamf should do a mass unbanning.

1. With players that were banned during 2014-2015, they will not have access to pilot coveralls and if they return to the server some of them will purchase crates in order to have them, not to mention some of them might want the ifrit skins as well. That will be a huge cash influx for @bamf

2. You wouldn't have to deal with the banned players, you just got some new admins let them deal with the consequences for this mass unbanning.

3. Did I mention more money?

As for why this mass unbanning would be helpful to the servers, here is a list of reasons why.

1. Gangs that quit entirely because their leader or someone important in their gang was banned will come back and play on the servers, bringing more content and action for your current player base.

2. Possibly more money will be donated to the community goals, making your community happy for all the discounts they will receive.

Here's how you could go about unbanning all these people. You completely wipe the entire FU list and let your admins unban people individually. If somebody comes along that didn't play asylum and all they did was script on the servers you could deny them because they weren't really a player in the first place.

We understand that Valkerie was sort of a test for unbanning douchebags but please don't let the selfish acts of 1 person ruin the chances of everybody else who truly want to come back to Asylum as a clean cut person.

The "FU list" as mentioned in the post is a ban list only the developers can access. Admins are currently unable to unban certain community members without getting the devs blessing. By wiping this list each admin can review cases on an individual basis.

@bamf if your biggest reason as to why you will not lift these bans is because you feel like it will lower the quality of life for your player base, then let the community decide if they wish to play with these players again.

+1

I feel like anybody using 3rd party apps or scripters should stay permed, sorry, but just cant trust people like that. On the other hand, exploiters, vdmers, rdmers, harassment should be allowed back, honestly kind of retarded you can get permed for that, especially cases like where it wasnt mass rdm, just one too many bans. 

Maybe allow people using 3rd party apps back but with severe punishments if they get banned for anything.

Edited by Randy.
Ghouh and Travis. like this
4 minutes ago, Randy. said:

I feel like anybody using 3rd party apps or scripters should stay permed, sorry, but just cant trust people like that. On the other hand, exploiters, vdmers, rdmers, harassment should be allowed back, honestly kind of retarded you can get permed for that, especially cases like where it wasnt mass rdm, just one too many bans. 

Maybe allow people using 3rd party apps back but with severe punishments if they get banned for anything.

Mass RDM'ers do more harm to the server than people that spawned in money. Those that blew up the server would not see unbans but people that own up to their mistakes should be given a fair shake.

Huan Lee likes this
Just now, EthanS said:

I want this to happen but I don’t know how many people would come back, this is my main worry ab this

A wipe of this list would see most of the prominent gang leaders make a return and could bring players in from the servers they currently play on. Could be a huge boost to gang life, server population, the server donations, and morale to get working on new content for a growing player base.

EthanS, Huan Lee and esssketit like this
Just now, EthanS said:

Yea I get that but for example Connor McGregor, when he gets unbanned I doubt he will come back because he is like the #1 player on olympus or tiger, pretty sure he is done with arma

how many of said prominent gang leaders do you think would come back?

Tiger didn't get paid $100,000,000 to cap a cartel.

Arma is quite a broken game to begin with, so there have been many ways you could have gotten yourself into trouble over the years.
A lot of people have probably been banned for stupid shit like alt-F4'ing after they crashed their truck and exploded on a barley bush for the 900'd time.

I say give em a second chance.

Would be cool to have more than tumble weed flying through Kavala during the day.

TRYHARD and Huan Lee like this

Maybe I just don't get it. I understand second chances and all and I am a firm believer that if someone owns up to their mistakes then all is forgiven. This is only for RDM, VDM, or minor exploits. Hacking or cheating/scripting should stay perm banned. I understand gang life is dead. I understand the reason you want to see them unbanned. If the leaders of prominent gangs are unbanned their members will come back and gang life might make a comeback. What about us? What about those with our integrity who did not go out of our way to get permed? If the gang life is dead because those players are banned then why allow them to come back? They did it to themselves. Why reward the people who helped in killing off gang life?  It doesn't make sense to me.I have liked most of your suggestions recently but I am only in favor of this if this only applies to VDM, RDM, and minor exploits.

Edited by Biground
Maaqs, ItsLego, DeepHouse and 2 others like this
Just now, Biground said:

Maybe I just don't get it. I understand second chances and all and I am a firm believer that if someone owns up to their mistakes then all is forgiven. This is only for RDM, VDM, or minor exploits. Hacking or cheating/scripting should stay perm banned. I understand gang life is dead. I understand the reason you want to see them unbanned. If the leaders of prominent gangs are unbanned their members will come back and gang life might make a comeback. What about us? What about those with our integrity who did not go out of our way to get permed? If the gang life is dead because those players are banned then why allow them to come back? They did it to themselves. Why reward the people who helped in killing off gang life?  It doesn't make sense to me.I have liked most of your suggestions recently but I am only in favor of this if this only applies to VDM, RDM, and minor exploits.

You just want to stay a top tier "gang:kermit:

Just now, Biground said:

Maybe I just don't get it. I understand second chances and all and I am a firm believer that if someone owns up to their mistakes then all is forgiven. This is only for RDM, VDM, or minor exploits. Hacking or cheating/scripting should stay perm banned. I understand gang life is dead. I understand the reason you want to see them unbanned. If the leaders of prominent gangs are unbanned their members will come back and gang life might make a comeback. What about us? What about those with our integrity who did not go out our way to get permed? If the gang life is dead because those players are banned then why allow them to come back? They did it to themselves. Why reward the people who helped in killing off gang life?  It doesn't make sense to me.I have liked most of your suggestions recently but I am only in favor of this if this only applies to VDM, RDM, and minor exploits.

It wouldn't be rewarding those that messed up. This would be saving the servers. A year ago there was 5 servers. Now theres 2. By this time next year we could be holding on with just one server and all of your integrity would have meant nothing. This isnt only about reviving cartel fights. Its about boosting player population, more people making money, maybe some actual federal reserves. 

Huan Lee likes this

4 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

It wouldn't be rewarding those that messed up. This would be saving the servers. A year ago there was 5 servers. Now theres 2. By this time next year we could be holding on with just one server and all of your integrity would have meant nothing. This isnt only about reviving cartel fights. Its about boosting player population, more people making money, maybe some actual federal reserves. 

In my opinion the way to save the server is to start implementing what the players want. The most recent change that was made was due to popular demand. This has not been the case in the past because it is what the developers wanted. I think that if we can find and hire a developer who still has the same interest in Asylum as when it first started and that changes are made based on what players want, that would be a good start. There is no 1 quick fix to keep player base. It is multifaceted. 

1.Cops do not role play at all.

2. Unbanning prominent gang leaders might revive gang life a bit but if we do not focus on server issues it wont stay that way.

3. Gangs rob alot of people (Myself included) which does have the drawback of turning players away at the early stages and some might not make it to gang life. 

4. Devs have been making changes that they want and not what the players want.

This isn't a big deal but just a side note about gangs.. Gang life is toxic enough. Not that I am a snowflake or anything and in fact I do encourage a bit of trash talk and banter but I constantly see gangs begging people to come fight. We show up and either we win and they start shit talking saying we were lucky or were trash anyways, Or we loose and we still get shit talked to the point where I would rather make you afk for 20 minutes than to entertain you at a cartel.  

There are many reasons why this server is slowly going downhill and I think we should focus on making server changes first before we think about unbanning players who are permed. An increased player base will only be temporary if we do not get the server where it needs to be.

Edited by Biground
Maaqs, ItsLego and •ÐŠ• Randy like this
3 minutes ago, esssketit said:

convicted murders = people who broke rules in a video game

Point:

Un-banning hackers and toxic kids =/= increase in population. 

If you don't understand why, lets go over a little thing called "Logic".

When someone does something disruptive in a large environment, like hacking, it tends to make the people affected think negatively about said environment. Hackers and the toxic idiots you're trying to defend cause people to leave the server.

So, un-banning toxic fuck boys (already tried before) will not do shit. The environment becomes more toxic than it already is, making everything worse for new and current players. 

Edited by Dick Romney
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Dont.                                                                                                                        Judge.                                                                                                                                                Me.

To.                                       

Late.

Coach.