Important, please read if you own Fallout76

KrazyKnight

Well it was pretty fun... had some obvious glaring issues... Level scaling was weird... killed a ton of level 1 shit up to level 7-8 and decided i had enough loot to move further out had probably 1000 rounds of assorted ammo (.308, .38, .44, .45, and 10mm) for all of my guns. I was very very wrong... i got into a building with level 5 protectrons i started mercing trying to do the world event, and then i got massively fucked. I get deeper into the building where im surrounded by level 15-18 feral ghouls and level 12-15 protectrons, mr. handies, and even a mr. gutsy i think (wasn't sure just tried to run while spraying everything i could). Walked out of that building with 3 broken guns from use and around 50-100 rounds left mostly for guns i couldn't use at the time. Other than that a few performance bugs game would lock up here and there, graphics were really wonky, and prices for things like supplies, guns, and ammo were through the roof.

Edited by Tyler
Emma, KrazyKnight and Blake. like this
10 hours ago, Tyler said:

Well it was pretty fun... had some obvious glaring issues... Level scaling was weird... killed a ton of level 1 shit up to level 7-8 and decided i had enough loot to move further out (had probably 1000 rounds of assorted ammo (.308, .38, .44, .45, and 10mm) for all of my guns. I was very very wrong... i got into a building with level 5 protectrons i started mercing trying to do the world event, and then i got massively fucked. I get deeper into the building where im surrounded by level 15-18 feral ghouls and level 12-15 protectrons, mr. handies, and even a mr. gutsy i think (wasn't sure just tried to run while spraying everything i could). Walked out of that building with 3 broken guns from use and around 50-100 rounds left mostly for guns i couldn't use at the time. Other than that a few performance bugs game would lock up here and there, graphics were really wonky, and prices for things like supplies, guns, and ammo were through the roof.

Well they extended the beta hours for Thursday, so that gives me some catch-up time I suppose. That and I can live stream it for you all finally.

Tyler likes this

I skipped all of the starter quests and ran straight south to the dark area. I was able to clear out Brexley (lvl 16-26) enemies, including some fucking creepy voiced robot straight out of iRobot shooting spartan lasers at me, feral ghouls etc. I also beat the Amusement park area, bloatflies were a bitch. Essentially you can do anything you want from level 1, I ended the beta at level 9. Only thing that sucked a bit, was I couldnt use some of the weapons I found. I got 2 sniper rifles but had to be level 20, and my police baton needed 15. Did this all solo, so as long as you're not a shit at videogames, game is easy. I mostly used a machete, which i upgraded to serrated blade, and a hatchet. For some other enemies I used some variant of a pipe pistol that did 45 damage.

Doing protection quests, where you stop protections or feral dogs from taking over your base, just set yourself up 2-3 turrets and its very easy.

14 hours ago, SethK said:

I skipped all of the starter quests and ran straight south to the dark area. I was able to clear out Brexley (lvl 16-26) enemies, including some fucking creepy voiced robot straight out of iRobot shooting spartan lasers at me, feral ghouls etc. I also beat the Amusement park area, bloatflies were a bitch. Essentially you can do anything you want from level 1, I ended the beta at level 9. Only thing that sucked a bit, was I couldnt use some of the weapons I found. I got 2 sniper rifles but had to be level 20, and my police baton needed 15. Did this all solo, so as long as you're not a shit at videogames, game is easy. I mostly used a machete, which i upgraded to serrated blade, and a hatchet. For some other enemies I used some variant of a pipe pistol that did 45 damage.

Doing protection quests, where you stop protections or feral dogs from taking over your base, just set yourself up 2-3 turrets and its very easy.

Haven’t played the beta but i assume they will try to up the game difficulty or something after its over. hmu when the game comes out 

23 hours ago, SethK said:

i feel like melee weapons are op as hell, and tbh certain enemies seem to be MUUUUCH harder than others. For example super mutants fuck me up even though they are lvl 5 and im lvl 11... but ghouls i can shit on all day even if they are level 18-20.

59 minutes ago, Tyler said:

i feel like melee weapons are op as hell, and tbh certain enemies seem to be MUUUUCH harder than others. For example super mutants fuck me up even though they are lvl 5 and im lvl 11... but ghouls i can shit on all day even if they are level 18-20.

Yea, I used machete up until I found a level 10 machete. I swapped it out recently for a baton and have just been beating the shit out of everything, even people in pvp. Whenever I need to though I'll swap out to a shotgun

Tyler likes this
Just now, SethK said:

Yea, I used machete up until I found a level 10 machete. I swapped it out recently for a baton and have just been beating the shit out of everything, even people in pvp. Whenever I need to though I'll swap out to a shotgun

Really been loving the .308 rifles and a full auto 10mm pistol rn and i craft a board when i need a melee weapon.

KrazyKnight likes this
54 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Really been loving the .308 rifles and a full auto 10mm pistol rn and i craft a board when i need a melee weapon.

308s are pretty fuckin great, some level 9 in power armor shot me, a level 13 in the head with it and I lost 3/4 of my hp. I havent used the 10mm or board though, i felt those were a bit too shitty. Laser pistols are really great though, I used it to kill a deathclaw 6 lives later

KrazyKnight likes this
33 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Found myself a legendary revolver with my modded shotgun. Way too fucking op in pvp, especially if you work hard on charisma and have friends with you. For instance, I did a 1v4 on a player base and took them out no problem. Idk if that's just my perks, or they're trash but eh had fun.

Tyler likes this
9 minutes ago, KrazyKnight said:

Found myself a legendary revolver with my modded shotgun. Way too fucking op in pvp, especially if you work hard on charisma and have friends with you. For instance, I did a 1v4 on a player base and took them out no problem. Idk if that's just my perks, or they're trash but eh had fun.

I've never pvped yet been too busy trying to get geared lol