Should we have a gang rep and a cop rep work together to make changes to the server?

Should we have a gang rep and a cop rep work together to make changes to the server?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a gang rep and a cop rep work together to make changes to the server?

• Yes, we should vote to choose a gang leader into a "gang representative" role that will communicate with Clint to voice concerns of gangs about APD.
    • No, go eat your god damn burgers Randy.

I don't think I'm alone when i say i feel like a lot of the concerns raised about the community about APD policies and how they operate just get brushed over by the APD captains, the people that can actually change things, because they dont really play as civ and understand some of the concerns we have. I think if every gang that wanted to chose 1 person from the gang that they feel could represent civs well, everyone could vote on who they think is the best choice, and that person could talk with Clint. At the moment, what does the chief of police actually do? According to asylum the role is to: 

1) Ensure APD policy is fair to all three factions in the game (cop, rebel, and civ). -not happening

2) Promote a healthy relationship between the gangs in the servers and the APD. - definitely not happening

3) Promote a healthy relationship between the APD and the administrative staff of the servers.-meh

4) Be the Asylum staff’s voice on the APD (including having the ability to remove other Captains as a last resort).

The last 3 policy updates have been a step in the right direction, but there is such an unhealthy relationship between cops and gangs right now, and the cops take getting killed too personally.

tldr: the cops have a role to influence server change, the gangs should have one too.

TRYHARD and Lulz like this

Imo the hate between career cops and career rebels is partially responsible for fueling the fire. Have you ever been playing with your gang and you went to do a fed or a bank just so you can kill the one cop you dislike? A civ rep might do the community some good however 1 or 2 people speaking for the community and everyone's individual opinion could be negative. What would make more sense is that Bamf should keep listening to polls, those are a great and much more accurate depiction of the communities opinion.

Maaqs, Tman15tmb, TRYHARD and 1 other like this

I was an admin on Olympus for a good while and the "civ rep" looked good on paper but nothing productive came out of the meetings. Most of the time the gang rep only thought one sided and their ideas/suggestions were shot down week after week. Having one representative to be the voice of multiple people never works out because everyone has a different idea of how to bring "balance" to the community. One side is always going to be unhappy no matter the change.