Cops/Drug Fields

When I first joined the APD, people always did drugs. Now people only do drugs mainly when there are no cops on, or when there are no people online.

There should be an increase in sale price for drugs based on how many cops are on, but obviously cap out when there are a certain number of cops. It could be based on ranges such as 5-10 cops = 10% increase of sale price, 10-15 = 20% and so on. Those numbers are examples, but it could help people fight more and make more.

More drugs, more money for cartels, more people fighting for cartels, possibility of better gang life? Everything said is theoretical, but it is worth the idea. 

Walt, Sail, Louie and 22 others like this

One problem I could see is people would still do drugs while no cops are on, then store drugs in houses until a decent amount of cops are online and then sell.

Maybe instead of higher sell prices change it to higher gathering/processing speeds, that way people can do drugs faster giving them a smaller chance of being caught while cops are online. 

4 minutes ago, WolfLeader said:

When I first joined the APD, people always did drugs. Now people only do drugs mainly when there are no cops on, or when there are no people online.

There should be an increase in sale price for drugs based on how many cops are on, but obviously cap out when there are a certain number of cops. It could be based on ranges such as 5-10 cops = 10% increase of sale price, 10-15 = 20% and so on. Those numbers are examples, but it could help people fight more and make more.

More drugs, more money for cartels, more people fighting for cartels, possibility of better gang life? Everything said is theoretical, but it is worth the idea. 

I made a thread regarding a similar idea, I think designated special days where profits are increased may be beneficial too. I like this idea a lot. 

Louie likes this
Just now, Innateocean said:

One problem I could see is people would still do drugs while no cops are on, then store drugs in houses until a decent amount of cops are online and then sell.

Maybe instead of higher sell prices change it to higher gathering/processing speeds, that way people can do drugs faster giving them a smaller chance of being caught while cops are online. 

That's a much better idea. Infamy gives you the sell boost, and cops give you the gathering boost :P

Bazzajack, Louie, Sail and 1 other like this
2 hours ago, WolfLeader said:

The new people need to make money, and the old players need things to spend money on. Increase price of all rebel stuff and then people would probably start crafting everything more than buying it.

Increasing cost of loadouts will only make people even more tied to them than they already are. If a standard loadout (MK / CSAT + Tac Vest / Smokes / Y) suddenly goes up to 35k+ (just a random semi-high number), people will be all the saltier when they get killed / caught by cops and less inclined to re-kit back up. New players won't want to buy expensive loadouts thus hindering the growth of rebel activity on the servers.

Edited by Maaqs
Lulz and •ÐŠ• Randy like this

What if there where certain items you can only get from the black market. Like a certain sniper rifle or items you won't be able to buy from a rebel store. Add more crafting recipes for a person to choose from like vest/clothing while making the requirement more drug oriented. IDK that just me.

8 hours ago, Big Fred said:

When you joined the APD, servers had 8x the population.

The servers had a little more than the population they do now. School was still going on when I started, just like school is going on now. By the summer time population will cap out more and average pop will increase.
The population is there, the potential is still around for more, the problem is the things people can do. There is very little gang life now, and new people have a semi-hard time making money since the older players have money and just rob them or kill them a lot.

There needs to be a way for newer people to be able to do things to make money, that also give incentive to gangs, and gives boosts to cops as well.

Nubis likes this

When I started out, the biggest gun you would see in Kavala was a Sting

and all the rebels was busy robbing the fed or the bank,

or shooting each others ifrits with bb guns at cartels.

The only thing you would have to watch out for as a new player

was Drunk Squad robbing you at the Jewelry store.

RDM was unheard of and VDM'ing somebody was a one-way ticket to jail.

Then came the rebel updates.

and along that civilians with 7.62....

Edited by Big Fred
DeepHouse likes this
8 hours ago, WolfLeader said:

The servers had a little more than the population they do now. School was still going on when I started, just like school is going on now. By the summer time population will cap out more and average pop will increase.
The population is there, the potential is still around for more, the problem is the things people can do. There is very little gang life now, and new people have a semi-hard time making money since the older players have money and just rob them or kill them a lot.

There needs to be a way for newer people to be able to do things to make money, that also give incentive to gangs, and gives boosts to cops as well.

Sorry but I dont believe there is a population anymore.  2 years ago you couldnt even get into a server without a 30 minute queue. Now no matter how populated the servers are connecting is easy. 

11 hours ago, HotWings said:

Sorry but I dont believe there is a population anymore.  2 years ago you couldnt even get into a server without a 30 minute queue. Now no matter how populated the servers are connecting is easy. 

That's because every time the server has 80+ people online, it takes a shit, lags everyone out and reset the population to the new norm of 20+.