About Community Goals

I do believe the community goals are cool, and are a fancy incentive, I believe some things need to be worked out.

With the way the donation system currently works, once a person gets to the donor level they want, there is little incentive to actually donate any more. I haven't donated anything in like 3 years because I feel there is no real reason to do so. All the unlocks are cosmetic, which I 100% understand, I know pay-to-win is a big problem, and I think that is fine. 

What I believe could be done, is sort of bring down the community goals a little bit, and make them per person. 

Say Person X donates $15 - they would get a reward for that month equal to that amount of money, now I don't know what that'd be worth realistically, but for example, we'll say they get 15% off all weapons for the month they donated.

Person Y doesn't donate anything, and doesn't receive any sort of bonuses.

This would create a system where people have an incentive to donate if they wanted to, while also not breaking the balance of the game. From my perspective, there just isn't enough incentive to actually work towards the community goals if you already have the donor rank you want.

Discuss below!

Fried Rice, YuSheng, ItsLego and 1 other like this
9 minutes ago, Pwnsome said:

I do believe the community goals are cool, and are a fancy incentive, I believe some things need to be worked out.

With the way the donation system currently works, once a person gets to the donor level they want, there is little incentive to actually donate any more. I haven't donated anything in like 3 years because I feel there is no real reason to do so. All the unlocks are cosmetic, which I 100% understand, I know pay-to-win is a big problem, and I think that is fine. 

What I believe could be done, is sort of bring down the community goals a little bit, and make them per person. 

Say Person X donates $15 - they would get a reward for that month equal to that amount of money, now I don't know what that'd be worth realistically, but for example, we'll say they get 15% off all weapons for the month they donated.

This would create a system where people have an incentive to donate (PAY 2 WIN) if they wanted to, while also not breaking the balance of the game. From my perspective, there just isn't enough incentive to actually work towards the community goals if you already have the donor rank you want.

Discuss below!

Start out saying pay to win is bad,  followed up by donate to get perks to make the game easier which will in a sense "break the balance of the game".  Basically pay to win in a nutshell.

Donor rank = Personal
Community goals = Server wide perks   (Why expand this into personal reward, is that not the point of the system)

Edited by Thomas
Emma and Donald like this
6 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

Is there a reason why we just don't count normal donations toward community goals? Someone who is level 2 and wants to reach level 5 donor will most likely not pay twice, or just won't choose community goals over their personal perks. It's still money toward the server, isn't it? I just can't see a reason at this point.

Greed

BlackShot, Sikorsky, Steve and 4 others like this
39 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Start out saying pay to win is bad,  followed up by donate to get perks to make the game easier which will in a sense "break the balance of the game".  Basically pay to win in a nutshell.

Donor rank = Personal
Community goals = Server wide perks   (Why expand this into personal reward, is that not the point of the system)

It was just an example, not something that needs to happen.

59 minutes ago, Pwnsome said:

If anyone has any advantage over another from spending money, no matter how miniscule, BIS will force Bamf to change it.  Something as small as donator's debit cards persisting through death caused Bohemia to have an issue with the server.  This happened a mere few days ago.

Pwnsome likes this
Just now, Pwnsome said:

if thats the case, it should be a pack, not something to bolster numbers.

I mean, I never said anything about how they should come, just stating that people asked for them a while back.  Im not gonna tell people how to set up their donations/goals/whatever. 

Pwnsome likes this