The Community Suggestions!

Hellur. There's been a few topics as of late that have sparked some discussion on what Asylum needs to stay afloat. I've decided to put them all together, in at least my interpretation of what the people want. Feel free to comment and correct anything below.

First off, server 3 needs to go - focus the resources from server 3 on the other servers, and consolidate CPL+ perks across all (2) servers. 

Second, the server/game itself needs to be more welcoming to new players, and offer some help to get them on their own two feet. I can assist in creating a sort of tutorial if that is something that is needed. The server will NOT grow, and it will only continue to decline if the server does not welcome new players.

Third, bounty hunters... leave them alone, they are fine.

And last but not least, donations - while I am aware of Bohemia's ToS and all that, but currently, there just isn't enough incentive for people to donate. I do also know this isn't required, and it's a free server, but they gotta make money somehow. I believe donations are something that are vital to keeping the server alive, both because it costs money to keep the servers up, and money is a good motivator for people to actually do things.

Personally, I believe welcoming new players into the server is a very very good start, and if we can grow the player base, we can Make Asylum Great Again!

This is just my take on the topics, views may differ between people, so I'd love to see your feedback below.

Just as a side note, I think it'd be good if we got some sort of acknowledgement from the dev staff that they see what we want and what needs to happen in order to fix the servers. Asylum will most definitely die if the developers don't even care about the game. @bamf @Gnashes

Edited by Pwnsome
Nubis and antho like this

You do realize that at the end of the day Asylum is going to die not because the servers are bad or because money is too hard to make etc. It's because arma is an old and buggy game. I promise you there is very little the devs can do about revitalizing the server other than a few patches here and there and hope arma 4 comes out before Asylum is completely dead.

Olympus will soon be on the decline also. Peter Long bought the server and he may be one of the most corrupt/dumbest staff members that I worked with while I was admin in that community.

That said, the game is older and doesn't draw the player base that it used to. Enjoy it while you still can because Altis Life is a dying game mode. Maybe the staff can keep the servers alive for another year or two but i don't see the servers thriving like they did in the past.

14 minutes ago, Tman15tmb said:

Olympus will soon be on the decline also. Peter Long bought the server and he may be one of the most corrupt/dumbest staff members that I worked with while I was admin in that community.

That said, the game is older and doesn't draw the player base that it used to. Enjoy it while you still can because Altis Life is a dying game mode. Maybe the staff can keep the servers alive for another year or two but i don't see the servers thriving like they did in the past.

Shhh the kids here dont believe that Arma is dying.

Tman15tmb, Tyler and Sandwich like this
44 minutes ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

Personally, I’ve been getting back into KoTH while I juggle time between Asylum and Olympus.

If they ( @bamf & whoever ) could reintroduce Strife, that would be awesome!  Even if I’m not rewarded with Asylum money, I’d be stoked to play strife again.

Yeah a war game mode with 10 players would be really fun

TRYHARD, cHIP oTLE, Pwnsome and 1 other like this
6 hours ago, Pwnsome said:

Just as a side note, I think it'd be good if we got some sort of acknowledgement from the dev staff that they see what we want and what needs to happen in order to fix the servers. Asylum will most definitely die if the developers don't even care about the game. @bamf @Gnashes

They will acknowledge but nothing will ever change. This server has dropped in population by 50% in a year. By next Christmas there will be one server and the devs will continue to think they are doing everything right.

Sandwich and Pwnsome like this
4 hours ago, Azeh said:

Of course Arma is dying, but Asylum could be doing far better right now if it wasn't in such a shit state. 

1ca6f22517c2450a147c5c5551666ff1.png

Numbers don't lie.

3 hours ago, SharingWriter said:

Yeah a war game mode with 10 players would be really fun

I think that the number of players strife would get would be more than anything dependent on how the devs work it. Obviously one of the main reasons people played strife was for the money it gave you on Asylum. What is in my opinion overlooked by Bamf and Gnashes is that it was one of the only truly fun ways you can make money. A lot of people complain about the money making being dry and it doesn't bother me so much but I understand where people are coming from. Even if they didn't include the paycheck every 20 minutes or whatever it was, they could make it so you get more money from capping and defending the outposts or whatever you want to call them. Their was realistically more of an incentive you have a super high k/d then their was to capture and defend the points. Coming from one of the people who made at least a few mil off, if you had a high k/d captured and defended a few points and managed to allow your team win without you yourself playing for too long, the paycheck that would come from winning would be pretty damn good, usually 300k+.

SharingWriter, Gagss and Pwnsome like this
10 hours ago, Pwnsome said:

And last but not least, donations - while I am aware of Bohemia's ToS and all that, but currently, there just isn't enough incentive for people to donate. I do also know this isn't required, and it's a free server, but they gotta make money somehow. I believe donations are something that are vital to keeping the server alive, both because it costs money to keep the servers up, and money is a good motivator for people to actually do things.

Maybe as a donation perk you could get extensions on how long until your house gets despawned/ sold from your inventory. It's happened before at least in my past where id play a lot of cop. Then join civ only to realize my houses are gone.

18 hours ago, Azeh said:

Of course Arma is dying, but Asylum could be doing far better right now if it wasn't in such a shit state. 

1ca6f22517c2450a147c5c5551666ff1.png

We will see what Olympus does not that its under new ownership as well...  Fact is Paratus moved on to another venture and we were left with people who are amateur coders. I have nothing against Bamf or Gnashes, but its the truth.  The community being a bunch of toxic cunts who are never happy didnt help either. 

Shad0wedDreamer and Tman15tmb like this
On 11/6/2018 at 11:22 PM, Tman15tmb said:

Oh really? Your ass is over here talking shit? Lets see here buddy ol pal: 

da199d67358a7a934a48868fbc9f6dec.png

32e947800faf9f94894e599a8b5f8841.png

24e1ff61b607307f0f17091d8d517f5b.png

Bro, you have mental issues. For anyone curious, this is the amount of tickets this idiot has put in requesting an un-ban for harassment.

77db54baaf69837b689b340909370f0c.png

0feb9714388f7e9b24074211dcd2f2be.png

9753782158689d9c2b3d1537798ecd3b.png

62fa9ac4b53580347aa3094299cf9867.png

You have mental issues. Please see help.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

explicit, Maaqs, Heidelberg and 5 others like this

Upset I didn't make the cut for dumbest and most corrupt staff member, but I am glad you are still just as retarded as you were when you spammed our support ticket system with nonsense ^-^

Go pound some sand

Edited by Ignis
BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this

shut the fuck up you cry baby bitch, you got some real mental issues bud, imagine being so pressed over a video game you spend like a year spamming a servers staff ecksdee get a life you loser

Peter Long likes this
2 hours ago, Ministry said:

shut the fuck up you cry baby bitch, you got some real mental issues bud, imagine being so pressed over a video game you spend like a year spamming a servers staff ecksdee get a life you loser

Lol, I think I hit a nerve. Go pound sand you irrelevant piece of shit. The admins here don't decide to ban/perm someone if they so happen to get shit on for being lazy because they aren't soft little bitches that pretend to swing around a big dick only because they have some fake ass title in front of their name. 

20 hours ago, Ignis said:

Upset I didn't make the cut for dumbest and most corrupt staff member, but I am glad you are still just as retarded as you were when you spammed our support ticket system with nonsense ^-^

Go pound some sand

Who the fuck are you? Last time I remember your name you were an ass kissing mod. I'm not at all surprised that you are swaddling Peters dick with your mouth.

20 hours ago, Peter Long said:

Oh really? Your ass is over here talking shit? Lets see here buddy ol pal: 

da199d67358a7a934a48868fbc9f6dec.png

32e947800faf9f94894e599a8b5f8841.png

24e1ff61b607307f0f17091d8d517f5b.png

Bro, you have mental issues. For anyone curious, this is the amount of tickets this idiot has put in requesting an un-ban for harassment.

77db54baaf69837b689b340909370f0c.png

0feb9714388f7e9b24074211dcd2f2be.png

9753782158689d9c2b3d1537798ecd3b.png

62fa9ac4b53580347aa3094299cf9867.png

You have mental issues. Please see help.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

You are the fat 30 year old depressed fuck living in front of your computer running a high school role playing community and you call me a sad piece of shit? I never in my 2 plus years on the Olympus staff have worked with a compulsive lying piece of trash like yourself. Don't forget who spoon fed your faggot bitch ass.

You are a miserable fat fuck. Please seek help.

https://www.slimgenics.com/

Edited by Tman15tmb
On 11/6/2018 at 9:21 PM, Tyler said:

You do realize that at the end of the day Asylum is going to die not because the servers are bad or because money is too hard to make etc. It's because arma is an old and buggy game. I promise you there is very little the devs can do about revitalizing the server other than a few patches here and there and hope arma 4 comes out before Asylum is completely dead.

may we pray for amra 4

Tyler and Jake like this
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

I feel bad for kids who have no optimism....

Optimism is one thing realism is another.

For instance, look at the trend Identity has had. It has been what 4 years since Identity was announced on Asylum I believe? The Town Square is not even done yet, and how big of a portion of the game could that possibly be? The movement and jumping animations are absolutely ridiculous and please correct me if I am wrong because I am not a video game developer, however I would wager that running animations are a somewhat time consuming thing to make. Meaning if it took them this long to get what we have seen on YouTube with said animations (considering you run like an ape on the game) how long will it be before it is actually done right? Paratus also said that running and jumping is not final. The Town Square has been stuck on this for literally months. I think it sounds very strange that one piece of the UI has been prolonging the release of the Town Square for this long.

1a5016038a591f87271035febf94adab.png

My guess is that even the first module is not as far along as we are lead to believe.

Donald and Tyler like this
3 hours ago, Steve said:

Optimism is one thing realism is another.

For instance, look at the trend Identity has had. It has been what 4 years since Identity was announced on Asylum I believe? The Town Square is not even done yet, and how big of a portion of the game could that possibly be? The movement and jumping animations are absolutely ridiculous and please correct me if I am wrong because I am not a video game developer, however I would wager that running animations are a somewhat time consuming thing to make. Meaning if it took them this long to get what we have seen on YouTube with said animations (considering you run like an ape on the game) how long will it be before it is actually done right? Paratus also said that running and jumping is not final. The Town Square has been stuck on this for literally months. I think it sounds very strange that one piece of the UI has been prolonging the release of the Town Square for this long.

1a5016038a591f87271035febf94adab.png

My guess is that even the first module is not as far along as we are lead to believe.

The module will be released on the 30th, which is why Identity is now cleared and on steam from my understanding.  How long does it take to make a game from the ground up? Do you know? Do any of these thirsty teens on here actually know?  Rockstar takes YEARS to make their games, then they announce them when they are 12-18 months from completion.  The reality is Paratus announced a concept, not a game that was even started yet.  Was the initial goal optimistic? Hell  I said it wasn't possible from the start.  Fact is every one sitting behind their keyboards acting like they know anything is full of shit.  This is nothing more than a group children jacking off into a sock every time someone says something "cool" at this point.  Asylum is dead, Arma is dead, the only thing left is "retards" acting like because they scream loud they know what they're talking about.

Edited by HotWings
Just now, HotWings said:

The module will be released on the 30th, which is why Identity is now cleared and on steam from my understanding.  How long does it take to make a game from the ground up? Do you know? Do any of these thirsty teens on here actually know?  Rockstar takes YEARS to make their games, then they announce them when they are 12-18 months from completion.  The reality is Paratus announced a concept, not a game that was even started yet.  Was the initial goal optimistic? Hell  I said it wasn't possible from the start.  Fact is every one sitting behind their keyboards acting like they know anything is full of shit.  This is nothing more than a group children jacking off into a sock every time someone says something "cool" at this point.  Asylum is dead, Arma is dead, the only thing left is "retards" acting like because they scream loud they know what they're talking about.

YIKES. I think people were just pointing out that some Identity staff members have been saying since May of this year that the release is any day now.

Also the comparison to Rockstar and the "Town Square"........little stretch. The trailer says a "limitless experience" yet you are literally trapped in a town square and you can choose to decorate an apartment with Paid Content ($40 cat btw), sing karaoke, play chess, or draw swastikas in an art gallery (come on we know how the internet is). 

Steve, Donald, Tyler and 4 others like this
Just now, SharingWriter said:

YIKES. I think people were just pointing out that some Identity staff members have been saying since May of this year that the release is any day now.

Also the comparison to Rockstar and the "Town Square"........little stretch. The trailer says a "limitless experience" yet you are literally trapped in a town square and you can choose to decorate an apartment with Paid Content, sing karaoke, play chess, or draw swastikas in an art gallery (come on we know how the internet is). 

No people are being general pieces of shit like usual.  Maybe if Asylum dealt with them previously there would have been something to save. 

14 minutes ago, SharingWriter said:

The comment from Steve that you quoted was literally facts about the release of this MODULE. No need to get all angry or lambaste the community over it.

Save your breath for the 30th I’m sure hot wings will be out in full force defending the disaster that got released. 

Like how you gonna charge 200 dollars for a car and deliver a map as big as Kavala square in 3 years of development lmao

11 hours ago, HotWings said:

"From the ground up" you do know... Paratus 1st off is using a pre-built engine with pre-built assets right? Literally Paratus has had 4 years to make a couple buildings and code his game (which he has failed to do on time many times now as hes missed multiple deadlines). He also has been paying himself (and motown i hear) out of YOUR money that you put towards Identity while pushing back the release date and feeding you shit on a spoon as you lap it up. Shitwings i'm sorry to say but Identity is going to end up like all of these other kickstart indie games it will have it's niche and then die out. Enjoy your $100 house with a dog in your virtual piece of shit world lmao hope you enjoy it.

TRYHARD likes this
4 hours ago, Tyler said:

"From the ground up" you do know... Paratus 1st off is using a pre-built engine with pre-built assets right? Literally Paratus has had 4 years to make a couple buildings and code his game (which he has failed to do on time many times now as hes missed multiple deadlines). He also has been paying himself (and motown i hear) out of YOUR money that you put towards Identity while pushing back the release date and feeding you shit on a spoon as you lap it up. Shitwings i'm sorry to say but Identity is going to end up like all of these other kickstart indie games it will have it's niche and then die out. Enjoy your $100 house with a dog in your virtual piece of shit world lmao hope you enjoy it.

Its funny how you put a post literally after a post from a dev who says they're creating all assets.... Tyler please. Ive pretty much ignored the game Development from the start, unlike you and the rest of the toxic kiddies I don't sit around jacking off at another opportunity to be an asshole to people.

Sharing your much smarter than that bud.  Im not even remotely annoyed. I do however find it hilarious that staff/retired staff is being just as toxic as the shitters we have around here.

15 hours ago, SharingWriter said:

The comment from Steve that you quoted was literally facts about the release of this MODULE. No need to get all angry or lambaste the community over it.

Edited by HotWings
5 hours ago, HotWings said:

Its funny how you put a post literally after a post from a dev who says they're creating all assets.... Tyler please. Ive pretty much ignored the game Development from the start, unlike you and the rest of the toxic kiddies I don't sit around jacking off at another opportunity to be an asshole to people.

Sharing your much smarter than that bud.  Im not even remotely annoyed. I do however find it hilarious that staff/retired staff is being just as toxic as the shitters we have around here.

Lmao whatever you say, literally in their Town Square module trailer most of the assets in the trailer were pre-built assets already in the game engine but whatever you say shitwings you are always right and the world revolves around you lol.

Plus at the end of the day i couldn't care less whether you even read what i say man, if you don't like what i write then ignore it who the fuck cares. I think you are just a fan boy who spent all of his money on Identity and doesn't want to hear that you were scammed. By the way people lie all the time Paratus has already proven he's quite capable of doing that i'm sure his "Dev Team" are too man.

SharingWriter and TRYHARD like this
5 hours ago, Tyler said:

Lmao whatever you say, literally in their Town Square module trailer most of the assets in the trailer were pre-built assets already in the game engine but whatever you say shitwings you are always right and the world revolves around you lol.

Plus at the end of the day i couldn't care less whether you even read what i say man, if you don't like what i write then ignore it who the fuck cares. I think you are just a fan boy who spent all of his money on Identity and doesn't want to hear that you were scammed. By the way people lie all the time Paratus has already proven he's quite capable of doing that i'm sure his "Dev Team" are too man.

"All his money" If you think 15 bucks is all my money your sadly mistaken kid.  I think you're just a kid who gets his jollies off being toxic for no reason reason. 

4 hours ago, HotWings said:

"All his money" If you think 15 bucks is all my money your sadly mistaken kid.  I think you're just a kid who gets his jollies off being toxic for no reason reason. 

You keep responding, if pissing you off was my goal i'd say i succeeded pretty well huh?

On 11/11/2018 at 1:53 AM, Tman15tmb said:

Lol, I think I hit a nerve. Go pound sand you irrelevant piece of shit. The admins here don't decide to ban/perm someone if they so happen to get shit on for being lazy because they aren't soft little bitches that pretend to swing around a big dick only because they have some fake ass title in front of their name. 

what's funny is you were told to go pound sand then you come here and say it! literally what you just described was you as staff loooool you're a big retard