Militarization in the Paramedic Faction

I for one call for the immediate militarization in the paramedic faction. Countless of helpless EMTs who are doing the work of god out there in the war zone, Kavala, are saving peoples' lives and are being ruthlessly murdered for it; without remorse, may I add. I believe all paramedics must be equipped with the accouterments necessary to perform the actions their career obligates him/her to do in a perilous work environment. I reckon that all that is needed to grant secure and safe passage through these hotspots is the adoption of the EOD Vest (Blue) [IDAP], Basic Helmet (Blue), and the EH302. You may notice I did not ask for any weapons here and that is because me and many other paramedics are still devoted to the beliefs of saving lives instead of taking them.

All the equipment I've listed as necessities were all introduced to the server with the inclusion of the Laws of War DLC. The admins have already began encompassing aspects of this DLC into the servers; for instance, the inclusion of the Paramedic Outfit and Respirators. Those examples were just parts of a paramedic's wardrobe. The server also has in use all the series of the Van which is used across all factions as well as many outfits for civilians. Here I have a rendering of what a Paramedic with this gear equipped would look like: 

4CC62B00325172AD43979DA51803FB7D37278576

The EOD Vest (Blue) [IDAP] does not have a listed protection level. This article of clothing is only listed as "Explosive Resistant" however, through my own tests I have seen it protects from quite a few 9mm shots, the most commonly used weapon caliber in Kavala. This is why I believe the addition of this vest to Paramedics can save many of their lives as well as many others. Here I have a couple of snapshots so you can see the vest in question:

A3FB47DCF5E1C050EC6EF4727F062DDF2D2DB030

1BB79D96AFDC4D4B9A537101B336296A7A95B3F1

The Basic Helmet (Blue) is listed as "Armor Level II" and it holds up to that. The Basic Helmet (Blue) can resist one bullet from any caliber 5.56mm and below. Anymore than that however any wound will be fatal. This is actually the same as the helmets purchased through lootcrates listed as "Armor Level I." Which means the addition of this helmet would not greatly overpower the paramedics. I also have a picture of this helmet for all your viewing needs:

6F3E3A8F28DE1ABE9417E108C0675903FFEE4E88

The EH302 is a helicopter used by the IDAP faction. It is most similar to the CH-49 Mohawk in it's appearance and also functionality. It is fairly protected, meaning it can withstand 7.62mm bullets, most commonly used out of an MK1 or MK18 which are favored by the many gangs on the island of Altis. This helicopter would be most ideal for landing in high risk areas with unwavering amounts of combat. Here is another snapshot showing the helicopter:

A5360B6C1EB395C93D0146EDDA5B9E7C3FE057D5

Edited by 王 rando 王
Text resize
Donald, WolfLeader, Xavorey and 2 others like this

My only issue with these requests would be the helmet as it is armor level 2. In the past only one unit had access to a helmet like this which was SWAT (R.I.P.). As the current balance of asylum goes I do not believe that adding it in the idea that only medics will have access is a good move. As someone who has been here a long time the players will abuse this function and will allow rebels to accumulate them while the medics who need them will almost never use the. The armor and helicopter are interesting but I do think that the EH202 would not see much use as it can be rare to see the hummingbird and the armor could show some problems.

andy7255, .Casper and WolfLeader like this
Just now, ColtonB205 said:

My only issue with these requests would be the helmet as it is armor level 2. In the past only one unit had access to a helmet like this which was SWAT (R.I.P.). As the current balance of asylum goes I do not believe that adding it in the idea that only medics will have access is a good move. As someone who has been here a long time the players will abuse this function and will allow rebels to accumulate them while the medics who need them will almost never use the. The armor and helicopter are interesting but I do think that the EH202 would not see much use as it can be rare to see the hummingbird and the armor could show some problems.

The Level II helmet's ballistics are the same as the Level I helmets you can purchase from lootcrates. I tested this in the Eden Editor. Also a system can be implemented where if someone who isn't on the paramedic faction picks up a helmet or vest it will drop on the ground. Infact, asylum already has this system basically. When you try to wear a carrier lite with CSATs it will drop the carrier lite. This same system can be in place to drop EMT equipment if someone else has it.

Just now, 王 rando 王 said:

The Level II helmet's ballistics are the same as the Level I helmets you can purchase from lootcrates. I tested this in the Eden Editor. Also a system can be implemented where if someone who isn't on the paramedic faction picks up a helmet or vest it will drop on the ground. Infact, asylum already has this system basically. When you try to wear a carrier lite with CSATs it will drop the carrier lite. This same system can be in place to drop EMT equipment if someone else has it.

The issue with that is then the server is running more code for a small entity such as the helmets. As far as the helmet armor level goes I don't know how they do compare but I doubt that asylum has any real interest in adding level 2 helmets to asylum. 

The issue with that is then the server is running more code for a small entity such as the helmets. As far as the helmet armor level goes I don't know how they do compare but I doubt that asylum has any real interest in adding level 2 helmets to asylum. 

Technically Asylum had level II helmets at a time until they were removed. I do not know if you remember the Level II Pilot Helmets that you could get from a bug with the Helicopters and Pilot Coveralls.

Just now, 王 rando 王 said:

Technically Asylum had level II helmets at a time until they were removed. I do not know if you remember the Level II Pilot Helmets that you could get from a bug with the Helicopters and Pilot Coveralls.

Yes I do remember that and was just considering that to be brought up as well. To the main point of if there is a bug in the system players will abuse it which would take time for the devs to patch.

Codie Alterman and GreenDemon like this

Yes I do remember that and was just considering that to be brought up as well. To the main point of if there is a bug in the system players will abuse it which would take time for the devs to patch.

Look man, all I'm saying is it's pretty damn tough to land a Hummingbird at a bank or cartel and successfully revive someone without getting sprayed with an MK, Hell you'd be lucky to get that tin can hummingbird within 50 meters of the guy you're trying to revive.

12 minutes ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

If they buffed medics, people would just steal their shit more often...

"Also a system can be implemented where if someone who isn't on the paramedic faction picks up a helmet or vest it will drop on the ground. Infact, asylum already has this system basically. When you try to wear a carrier lite with CSATs it will drop the carrier lite. This same system can be in place to drop EMT equipment if someone else has it."

Donald likes this
  • 1 month later...