The Car Thread

Sneaky

On Friday, May 06, 2016 at 9:18 AM, Clint Beastwood said:

After installing the AMS Alpha 7 kit + some other goodies.  Car dyno'd at 621 wheel horsepower and over 730 wheel torque.  

Here's what the package claimed on their shop car.

• 0-60mph: 2.85 seconds
  • 0-100mph: 6.7 seconds
  • 1/4 mile: 10.8 @ 129mph
  • Standing 1/2 mile: 156.9mph

Holy fuck...

A car that's almost as fast as my cbr1000r, basically a fucking Superbike. That's insane 

Edited by Das Otter
On May 6, 2016 at 0:18 PM, Clint Beastwood said:

After installing the AMS Alpha 7 kit + some other goodies.  Car dyno'd at 621 wheel horsepower and over 730 wheel torque.  

Meh my buddies Hyundai Elantra with a ls6 swap can spank that thing :kappa:

Clint Beastwood and Sneaky like this
  • 2 weeks later...
On May 6, 2016 at 0:18 PM, Clint Beastwood said:

Clint im in love!  I just ordered the GLE 63 AMG coupè after talking with you about the G 63 or the GLE!  GLE def drives much much better and feels a lot more sporty!  I havent even recived the car yet but I am def looking to upgrade it by either sending to Brabus or do an AMS!  So the question is how do you like your new AMS tune?

2 hours ago, The Orphan said:

Clint im in love!  I just ordered the GLE 63 AMG coupè after talking with you about the G 63 or the GLE!  GLE def drives much much better and feels a lot more sporty!  I havent even recived the car yet but I am def looking to upgrade it by either sending to Brabus or do an AMS!  So the question is how do you like your new AMS tune?

Nice choice.  I fell in love with the GLE too, especially the coupe.  Brabus you will come out of pocket wayyyyyyy more..  AMS is a great company that knows what to do with turbo cars.  Their track record with GTR's speaks for itself.  A lot of guys with this motor (M157) have done the Alpha tunes and I have never seen any bad press from it.  I wouldnt have done it any other way, the car pulls like a freight train...

Edited by Clint Beastwood
The Orphan likes this
1 hour ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Nice choice.  I fell in love with the GLE too, especially the coupe.  Brabus you will come out of pocket wayyyyyyy more..  AMS is a great company that knows what to do with turbo cars.  Their track record with GTR's speaks for itself.  A lot of guys with this motor (M157) have done the Alpha tunes and I have never seen any bad press from it.  I wouldnt have done it any other way, the car pulls like a freight train...

Awesome!!!  Ill def look into it!  And yes the GTR's do speak for themselves!  My dad has an alpha 9 GTR and god I dont think I have ever been scared to drive a car before, but after getting in that thing I was so scared putting my foot down for the first time getting on the highway!  All I could say is I think i need a GTR for my self oneday!  Its just thats its a 2 door and as much as i love a 2 door it is convinent for me when Im with people :(

Clint Beastwood likes this
On 5/18/2016 at 6:41 AM, The Orphan said:

Yeah dude cause $250k of cars for you isn't enough, let's send it off to Brabus. Aren't you like 12?

3 hours ago, Ballsack noodle said:

My first... 

2013 Vw Gti Mk6 Wolfsburg, 6 Speed, basically fully loaded (navi,sunroof,etc.) 

Sick ass car

https://m.imgur.com/iP2JcjO

https://m.imgur.com/qbA3Vj8

Amazing choice for a first car!(I think thats wat ur implying lol if not correct me)!!!  You honestly can't get a more fun bank for ur buck car!  Enjoy it man!

59 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Wait so what do you do for work lol. Or did your family pay it for you?

Been saving up for years now and paid 8.5k for down payment, now I need to pay insurance and gas and my parents are helping me out with the rest of the car price. I got it for $21.5k out the door and if your implying that I'm spoiled or whatever I'm an honors student with all AP classes and my gpa is 3.6-3.7

1 hour ago, The Orphan said:

Amazing choice for a first car!(I think thats wat ur implying lol if not correct me)!!!  You honestly can't get a more fun bank for ur buck car!  Enjoy it man!

Yea it's my first car lol, it's also the first car I've ever driven with a manual transmission so I'm still learning but the car is super different compared to my moms sub and my dads truck, it also has a certified pre owned warranty for 4 years so I'm good with maintenance, I appreciate the kind words Though :)

Edited by Ballsack noodle
The Orphan likes this
19 minutes ago, Ballsack noodle said:

Been saving up for years now and paid 8.5k for down payment, now I need to pay insurance and gas and my parents are helping me out with the rest of the car price. I got it for $21.5k out the door and if your implying that I'm spoiled or whatever I'm an honors student with all AP classes and my gpa is 3.6-3.7

pretty cool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...