Asylum Community is in fact NOT dying.

Memes aside, community statistics are indicating a healthy growth. 
Seven new members signed up to the forums last 24 hours.
Total numbers have just hit 21k this week.
gZyICzX.png

Conclusion: Servers are in fact NOT dying.

UPDATE: MEMBER COUNT IS BOOMING

TObK5CS.png

IDENTITY IS ALSO TRENDING ON FORUMS

Edited by Big Fred
it's a joke guys, chill your tits... don't worry. Shit's still dying.
Huan Lee, Mr.Purple and Noah;D like this
7 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Is that number not just the total people signed up for the forums because in that case you would have to keep track of how much that number rises each day week or month and see if it is as of recent higher than usual.

2 more "people" have signed up to the forums since I posted this.

Yesterday, at 8 pm CET, 21 hours ago, there were 21,011 signed up.

Right now there are 21,020 signed up.
mBCCLIc.png

14 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Is that number not just the total people signed up for the forums because in that case you would have to keep track of how much that number rises each day week or month and see if it is as of recent higher than usual.

Yeah this retard based it off the fact that the forum count grew by 7 in 1 Day

Not knowing if they are new players or ban evaders.

Useless data

Delete1, Fried Rice, Lucky and 2 others like this
Just now, wollie35 said:

Yeah this retard based it off the fact that the forum count grew by 7 in 1 Day

Not knowing if they are new players or ban evaders.

Useless data

Clearly, I'm out of your IQ league, since it should be fucking obvious to anyone with half a brain, the data is useless.

:thinking:
At least , I thought so.

I feel sorry for the whole country of Neanderthals you live in if you're taking this seriously.

1 hour ago, Big Fred said:

Clearly, I'm out of your IQ league, since it should be fucking obvious to anyone with half a brain, the data is useless.

:thinking:
At least , I thought so.

I feel sorry for the whole country of Neanderthals you live in if you're taking this seriously.

I feel sorry for all your lost braincells

Memes aside, community statistics are indicating a healthy growth. 
Seven new members signed up to the forums last 24 hours. (your OP)

7 people = healthy grow? probably as healthy as your fucking mc donalds diet

Edited by wollie35
1 hour ago, Mank said:

Check out battlemetrics and you can quite clearly see it's dying. Comparing forum users to actual players is foolish. I can create 20 forum accounts today - does that mean the community is still alive and healthy?

You are absolutely correct. It's an old game and half the player base is perm banned.

What's really the nail in the coffin though, are the constant performance issues when it's actually filling up with  soon to be  not banned players.

When I started playing on Asylum, there were 4 Altis +1 Stratis server and you had to spam it for 20 minutes just to get on during prime time.
Gang talk forum section was full of activity and so was the recruitment section.

If we could get the perfomance not to suck, we could probably have 150 ppl on, which is actually decent for such an old autistic game as Arma. 

JacobHarr likes this
7 minutes ago, Big Fred said:

You are absolutely correct. It's an old game and half the player base is perm banned.

What's really the nail in the coffin though, are the constant performance issues when it's actually filling up with  soon to be  not banned players.

When I started playing on Asylum, there were 4 Altis +1 Stratis server and you had to spam it for 20 minutes just to get on during prime time.
Gang talk forum section was full of activity and so was the recruitment section.

If we could get the perfomance not to suck, we could probably have 150 ppl on, which is actually decent for such an old autistic game as Arma. 

Server no longer has performance issues because they can no longer reach high pop. 

Just now, Big Fred said:

Quite honestly, even if the performance was 110% the servers would still be in this state. The lack of development, the wrongful bans that go unanswered unless you knee pad the admin who banned you and the current state of the player base is also equally to be blamed for what has become of the servers. No one simply cares anymore, and it's sad to see. And while other servers have a bigger player base than Asylum, it's not only Asylum that's seeing some sort of similar impact.

Big Fred likes this

The title is correct, the server is not DYING, it DIED a long time ago. The server died when the admins started banning people because of personal issues, salt ect. When I started playing asylum we would have to spam in almost every single day of the week, now you're lucky to break 50 players. It needs new staff, "Management" that actually listens to the community and doesn't do things like ban people out of spite or personal issues with players on the server.

DosWolf, Big Fred and Nagidal like this

Arma 3 was released 5 years ago and for a while Asylum was one of the more popular Altis Life servers. While poor management, performance problems, toxic community members left unchecked and staff problems have an impact on population it isn't the reason for the downward trend. If anything those reasons just kept Asylum from reaching greater heights! There is only so much content and so many ideas you can create over this time period especially when we are just modifying the framework of a game. Eventually players move on to more fresh games and experiences. Arma 3 as a whole is on a downward trend but holy shit was it a fun ride. Arma 4 soon.tm :pogchamp:

I know for a fact if some people weren't perm banned there would be more people on the server. Most of the people banned are part of big gangs and when people in big gangs go from playing everyday to getting perm banned it just makes the rest of the gang unwilling to play as much. That brings people to explore new options like Olympus then they completely veer away from Asylum as a whole. If they want to start to possibly bring back more players and make servers more populated they should un-ban those people, especially if those people that were banned make a strong ban appeal. That in turn may bring back more people who like getting on to fight which may increase the numbers. All that being said I doubt it would happen, admins most likely won't give a second thought to perm banned players. Maybe some admins are just losing it *shrugs*

p.s. ily admins don't ban me pls <3

Innate, BioHazard, Big Fred and 1 other like this
22 minutes ago, OptionsFinest said:

I know for a fact if some people weren't perm banned there would be more people on the server. Most of the people banned are part of big gangs and when people in big gangs go from playing everyday to getting perm banned it just makes the rest of the gang unwilling to play as much. That brings people to explore new options like Olympus then they completely veer away from Asylum as a whole. If they want to start to possibly bring back more players and make servers more populated they should un-ban those people, especially if those people that were banned make a strong ban appeal. That in turn may bring back more people who like getting on to fight which may increase the numbers. All that being said I doubt it would happen, admins most likely won't give a second thought to perm banned players. Maybe some admins are just losing it *shrugs*

Even if they were unbanned they prob wont come back with the shitty server.

The ship asylum is at least 70 % under water, and wont be able to get up anymore

11 hours ago, OptionsFinest said:

it's going to be the same answer over again. "you knew the consequences" these admins are pathetic.

Edited by Bag Of Funyuns
BioHazard likes this
18 hours ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

it's going to be the same answer over again. "you knew the consequences" these admins are pathetic.

That's the most interesting thing is that most of these people did indeed know the consequences of acting like an idiot. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone combat log and when it comes up in conversation in teamspeak they will say something along the lines of "I don't care about Asylum anymore the servers are dog shit." In my nearly 4 years on Asylum think I have 4 total bans on 3 of which were from when I was newer to the community and the 4th got overturned in like 20 minutes. There are people who get permed by a drunk admin for rdm when they have had 2 previous bans. And then you have people you have literally 12 bans and just can't seem to figure out why the fuck they are permed. I have personally seen a few unjust bans in my time here but the majority of the perm bans are warranted. Don't be a retard and most of the time you won't get banned.

Granted now the whole community is like fuck it who cares so :frog:

Masonn, Donald and Innate like this