asylum died for this btw

26 minutes ago, Kenneth said:

It does look cool but I don't know if I would want to pay monthly for it not sure about it yet.

Just now, Tyler said:

LOL So not only is Paratus ripping everyone off you have to pay monthly so he can rip you off even more??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Are they actually putting in a subscription system?

8ab9b0a47adc19fb708b3fdc39bb3b8b.png

We're not really sure when we're going to release. We've had all month since we took forever, we've extended the dates out several times... Likely within office hours, possibly not. Idk, soon? Maybe not even 2mor, maybe the office will catch fire.

1 hour ago, Azeh said:

Buy it on Steam, play it for 1 hour and 50 minutes and get a refund. Easy. Not like the Town Square has content worth more time than that anyway.

Or just don't support it at all :D

Edited by Jesse
Sneaky, Mako, Maaqs and 4 others like this
1 hour ago, Azeh said:

The way I see it, that was the estimation for the entire game's beta, not just the Town Square module... Which makes it even worse.

This is on Identity's steam page which is only around 1 month old:
"With our current pace, we estimate that the SWAT module will be complete in late 2019, the racing module in 2020 and the feature-complete Identity beta will begin in 2021. These are not to be taken as release dates but as our current best estimates.”

If they even get enough money to keep going on production. lmao.

Edited by Jesse
McMuffin and Innate like this

and you all understand ... what u want in asylum servers, can be done in identity. half of you have never touched any kind of code in your life and then rag on this for taking so long xD ... anyways theres infinite possibility now with asylum as long as they get a solid team working on this, it could be the game weve all been looking for .  an actual life GAME. not a server on arma or gta or gmod etc... an actual stand alone game. i personally cannot wait until tonight, ill be one of the first to log on you can bet your pocket lint on that!  

3 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Just a FYI, they're bankrupt. Motown doesn't work for them anymore (Got "let go"), 80% of the development team left or where fired and the "Town Square" is their last ditch attempt to "save" the game. Don't get your hopes up.

02b2b05d68798dbb3f14d52791b6faad.png

Hmmm... explains the discontinue. Not sure who the man keeps referencing as "we"? Must have a mouse in his pocket.

TRYHARD, McMuffin, Innate and 1 other like this
7 hours ago, Azeh said:

The way I see it, that was the estimation for the entire game's beta, not just the Town Square module... Which makes it even worse.

This is on Identity's steam page which is only around 1 month old:
"With our current pace, we estimate that the SWAT module will be complete in late 2019, the racing module in 2020 and the feature-complete Identity beta will begin in 2021. These are not to be taken as release dates but as our current best estimates.”

Paratus got in way over his head. Sometimes programmers are the worst production managers and this is clearly evident in the way he ran Asylum and his failed game. He should have worked on pvp all this time and focused on the town square BS at the end. Maybe today we all would have been excited to buy the game and start shooting each other--instead all I have to look forward to is seeing what color dress @Azeh will be wearing in the town square tonight.

PS Did Motown ever do anything? He seemed like a leech to me.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Innate, Maaqs, Jesse and 2 others like this
21 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Paratus got in way over his head. Sometimes programmers are the worst production managers and this is clearly evident in the way he ran Asylum and his failed game. He should have worked on pvp all this time and focused on the town square BS at the end. Maybe today we all would have been excited to buy the game and start shooting each other--instead all I have to look forward to is seeing what color dress @Azeh will be wearing in the town square tonight.

PS Did Motown ever do anything? He seemed like a leech to me.

Couldn't agree more... Wasted tons of time on making it so you can have hundreds of wall paper selections... That you could paint paintings. Playing chess, sing Karoke, etc. No one cares about that shit. No one cares to read a fucking newspaper. Like what a waste of development time, etc. Especially on a concept at best... Lots of promises too that are being made about being able to do this or that, yet they don't even have the basics down.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Wasted tons of time on making it so you can have hundreds of wall paper selections... That you could paint paintings. Playing chess, sing Karoke, etc. No one cares about that shit.

This ^

We all just wanna fucking shoot each other anyway.

Eh, well, I guess we wont, actually.

There's no guns.

6 hours ago, terry said:

and you all understand ... what u want in asylum servers, can be done in identity. half of you have never touched any kind of code in your life and then rag on this for taking so long xD ... anyways theres infinite possibility now with asylum as long as they get a solid team working on this, it could be the game weve all been looking for .  an actual life GAME. not a server on arma or gta or gmod etc... an actual stand alone game. i personally cannot wait until tonight, ill be one of the first to log on you can bet your pocket lint on that!  

https://gyazo.com/26571036c586ac00a3c48a135540363f There is simply No "solid team" there is 2 devs and 2 art designers and im pretty sure the list needs to be updated Lol