Identity vs Fallout 76

Emma

Identity vs Fallout 76  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What game is a bigger disappointment?

• Identity
    • Fallout 76

1 hour ago, Azeh said:

It shouldn't be in an early state after 4 years.

Identity has actually be in development far less than 4 years.  It was released as a concept and then they started to interview, hire, find an actual office and get to work.  In reality its much less time than that... But you know facts are irrelevant.

And lets be honest, asking that question on this forum is useless, everyone here just wants a chance to take more swipes at the people here.

Edited by HotWings

I like civil conversation, all of these are valid points! Let's keep it going, Identity is losing because I feel like many members are unhappy that Asylum had to lose developers to create a new IP. And said new IP, at this time, is a very large disappointment because of the previously stated reason

Well Bethesda didn't ban me for voicing concern over fo76 

Identity on the other hand.... 4ac3570910235e1057ff6020d5d6a977.png

Realistically its difficult to compare the two as they are different game genres one with a small team the other a massive studio. There is no reason to expect identity to be even remotely on par with FO76 in terms of game play. For a fair comparison you would need to look at what other indie developers have done.

There are other games out there that are similar in style to Identity that have been in production for far less time and achieved a great deal more.

cWfTQCp.png

This is the identity map. 4 years $1.6million.

My frustrations with Identity stem from the constant over promise under delivered tactics that have been used since the game was announced. Multiple times the game was delayed with no real information as to why or when it would be available.

vq8in2w715v11.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

While a bit of a meme this is pretty accurate to what happened during the first module's development.

Then came release day. Instead of a specific time we were given between the hours of 9am and 5 pm EST. What game has an 8 hour release window? But 5pm came and went with little to no updates. All day long we had been told "John just has to push a button it will be live" from the community mangers and mods of the Identity discord server. The story "evolved" that John has pressed the button but steam was holding the process up. No evidence of any kind was given to back this up of course. 

Finally there came an update of 11PM EST the game would be launched. At aprox 11:10PM the game was available for download. That's when things took a very interesting turn. Most players were hit with constant crashes to desktop even though the game was still technically running. e1959063df8d185d14a5f6d5a0efb360.png

Once again the blame wasn't to be placed on Identity but instead the UI they had chosen.

668ec3ab57f0073dee4cdeec05b245ed.png

After 2 hours the servers were taken offline due to numerous issues among the worst crashing, admin console be available to all players, invisible players and most of the 'features' of the module just plain not working. The servers would remain offline for quite some time while these issues were addressed. 

Bugs, crashes, and weird things are expected to happen on launches of games today. Even from the 'AAA' publishers. What I expect is honest communication with the player base who funded this endeavor. And when someone asks, Why? to not be instantly banned for "spreading false information". 

In summary Identity is a prime example of what not to do when creating a game. You can not over promise and under deliver, especially with out explanation and expect to succeed. Many months down the road it may have fixed a lot of the issues that plague it today. I hope it does. The premise for Identity is unique and ambitious. But if there are no players left does it matter? 

4e22ede35a5bd30ca4cfdb1c49330227.png

Four years of development for 15% of the time game for $30 and the town square is a broken mess.  Or a game company making an online game that was meant to sell those sweet microtransactions to Bethesda fanboys who will buy them because they think Bethesda is their friend.

I guess I'll pick Identity because I don't know how you work on a game for four years and offer so little.  There's no way the town square was truly worked on for even a year.  Probably placed down assets for a trailer and real functionality was worked on for a couple of months.  I can't tell if it's a scam or just Paratus thinking he knows what he's doing because he added onto Tonic's Altis Life mission file.

Edited by Elaiscancer
Just now, Patato said:

Can't be disappointed in a game i had no expectations for

I only bought it 'cause they said on their websites the game would get more expensive after the release of Town Square, and I still had a bit of faith they'd deliver something at least playable. When I checked the price on Steam in my currency, it was twice cheaper than the price I had paid a few days before. Noice.

TRYHARD likes this
19 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Ye discuss it here civilly because if you'd engage in any discussion about identity which resembles a negative attitude on their discord you'll get banned :frog:

Yeah they really don't like it when people are critical over there. I've found the trick is to voice your criticism in the form of over the top, ironic, praise. 

You don't get banned since the fanboys think you're sincere and it gets people really riled up. I've been lighting fires in that discord with this method for a few days with great success lol. 

Atra, Innate, Big Fred and 3 others like this
2 hours ago, Buckwalter said:

Yeah they really don't like it when people are critical over there. I've found the trick is to voice your criticism in the form of over the top, ironic, praise. 

You don't get banned since the fanboys think you're sincere and it gets people really riled up. I've been lighting fires in that discord with this method for a few days with great success lol. 

When you have a 20 year old fresh out of highschool and a potential pedophile who manages a dollar store as the community managers, are we really surprised that they don’t know how to take criticism well?

Edited by Bubble Bass
Alec-I likes this

Motown was a founder and community manager.

He recently left the project due to budget restrictions.

I am the new community manager.

I'm Brendan, I'm currently a senior in high school taking a programming class and 3D modeling course with high hopes to go into the gaming industry in the future. I've been gaming ever since I was about 5 or 6. I've always loved video games and the world that it put you in. By the age of 13 I bought my first PC and gamed on it for about 2 years, After working part-time I save up money and built my new Gaming PC which is what I use now. After switching to PC I will never go back to consoles! Once I built that computer I installed all my software for 3D modeling and have been creating different projects to store in a portfolios for future job applications.

As you can see i am more than qualified to handle the position.

If you have any questions please visit the discord or official forums and ask me , you can also cross reference my resume at either place.

Please have fun and enjoy the game, there are tons of things to do right now that will keep you very busy for a long time as we have the industry best most talented staff preparing the greatest game ever made.

For updates- https://twitter.com/Identityrpg

Main site- https://www.identityrpg.com/community/

Discord- https://discordapp.com/invite/bFEH3Bh

BEING A CM FOR A COMPANY AND NOT BEING PAID BTW

Edited by Bubble Bass

Has to be fallout surely, people had high hopes for fallout, made by a huge company, we only expected the best for it. Identity was hardly a bigger disappointment, we all knew it was going to flop, if it had been a success then yes it would have been disappointing to us :) . Anyone on here who was disappointed about identity was either way to optimistic about it or incredibly stupid. 

KrazyKnight and Raza like this
1 hour ago, Bubble Bass said:

I'm Brendan, I'm currently a senior in high school taking a programming class and 3D modeling course with high hopes to go into the gaming industry in the future. I've been gaming ever since I was about 5 or 6. I've always loved video games and the world that it put you in. By the age of 13 I bought my first PC and gamed on it for about 2 years, After working part-time I save up money and built my new Gaming PC which is what I use now. After switching to PC I will never go back to consoles! Once I built that computer I installed all my software for 3D modeling and have been creating different projects to store in a portfolios for future job applications.

If you have any questions please visit the discord or official forums and ask me , you can also cross reference my resume at either place.

Please have fun and enjoy the game, there are tons of things to do right now that will keep you very busy for a long time as we have the industry best most talented staff preparing the greatest game ever made.

so your the pedo? How many accounts you got @ollio

4 hours ago, Bubble Bass said:

If you don't give a fuck clap your hands.

Edited by Stan Lee
On 12/3/2018 at 3:45 PM, justi said:

Fallout 76 was released and advertised as a complete game, but Identity will tell you on steam before you even purchase it that it's in its early, early state. Not comparable.

Early state implies being at least PLAYABLE. Yes, FO in terrible in its own right but Identity has a presently microscopic "map" that has nothing to do. And that's IF you don't crash loading in or after you move 2 feet. Also, you have to look at the developers of each game. FO- Made by a AAA production company while Identity was made by a handful (now like 2) people that changed a mission file to a game that was already complete. Identity devs definitely didn't look into how much effort and time went into developing a game by biting off a piece of the worlds biggest pizza and said "I'm full".

Edited by Raza
Emma likes this
21 hours ago, Tony. said:

Has to be fallout surely, people had high hopes for fallout, made by a huge company, we only expected the best for it. Identity was hardly a bigger disappointment, we all knew it was going to flop, if it had been a success then yes it would have been disappointing to us :) . Anyone on here who was disappointed about identity was either way to optimistic about it or incredibly stupid. 

62df4af848219bc6761eb5fc0abadc88.png

Emma likes this