haven't seen this in awhile

Just now, Steve said:

When it comes to the "Cartel capping above 0" thing, Imo you should still have to cap to 100 but when another gang is taking it you retain the benefits till it goes past 0.

If you cap to 1% and go run drugs you risk losing the benefits as soon as someone walks onto cap. Its a risk you can take and works fine on Olympus.

9 minutes ago, Batcan said:

@BaDaBiNg_10-8 @Jesse You guys know a lot about how olympus CIV Rep works, how do you feel about it on here?

It's getting changed on Olympus AFAIK. I believe it'll be different soon. I was a fan of it (Obviously because I helped make it with Dili). Lot's of good ideas came from it. Only problem was, is that some nobodies sat in the position doing fuckall. However, at the same time if we kicked them from the position, the community may see it as a "staff ran" position sorta thing. Where we wanted it to be by the community and for the community...

Just now, Jesse said:

It's getting changed on Olympus AFAIK. I believe it'll be different soon. I was a fan of it (Obviously because I helped make it with Dili). Lot's of good ideas came from it. Only problem was, is that some nobodies sat in the position doing fuckall. However, at the same time if we kicked them from the position, the community may see it as a "staff ran" position sorta thing. Where we wanted it to be by the community and for the community...

Yeah making multiple of them would help and add that kid Tryhard he is always making polls.

Just now, TryHardSqueaker said:

If you cap to 1% and go run drugs you risk losing the benefits as soon as someone walks onto cap. Its a risk you can take and works fine on Olympus.

I would personally be a fan of you can cap anywhere between 1% and 100%, the higher the percentage though the more benefits you get from it. To encourage people to cap them all the way. I always hated when people on Olympus would just cap to 1% or 10% and leave...

MASTA_B likes this
Just now, Jesse said:

I would personally be a fan of you can cap anywhere between 1% and 100%, the higher the percentage though the more benefits you get from it. To encourage people to cap them all the way. I always hated when people on Olympus would just cap to 1% or 10% and leave...

Cartel benefits are different here though. On Olympus they cap to 5% and then sell a hemmit of moonshine. Over here you lose a percentage while processing if you dont own the cartel so you would want to cap to 100% before you started your drug run.

Cartel benefits are different here though. On Olympus they cap to 5% and then sell a hemmit of moonshine. Over here you lose a percentage while processing if you dont own the cartel so you would want to cap to 100% before you started your drug run.

And to add on to this if you are doing a run and someone starts caping it you instantly lose benefits. The system would be very beneficial on here.

I understand. I'm just stating how I've always felt cartels should be to encourage rewards for those who want to barely cap and those who want to full cap. While incentivizing fighting since some would cap them higher, etc. Just because that's how it is currently doesn't mean that is how it has to stay. 

Just now, Jesse said:

I understand. I'm just stating how I've always felt cartels should be to encourage rewards for those who want to barely cap and those who want to full cap. While incentivizing fighting since some would cap them higher, etc. Just because that's how it is currently doesn't mean that is how it has to stay. 

For sure, I havnt spoke to Bada or Clint about a cartel rework so I was unsure on what might get done. 

With the current system you often have people spawn in on cap and pull a car to leave. They leave the cap at 99% and you cant run drugs until you go cap it up the 1% so its not ideal. I also dont like having to wait 17 minutes before I can start capping the cartel if the enemy gang manages to fully cap before they are wiped. 

Having 2 drug cartels wouldn't be too bad either. Sub out oil cartel and Drug cartel. And add in "Meth and Weed cartel" and "Coke and Heroin Cartel"

7 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

I also dont like having to wait 17 minutes before I can start capping the cartel if the enemy gang manages to fully cap before they are wiped. 

Imo that has to do with simply the lack of air shops around the map, one of the small but effective things Olympus has is the larger number of air shops around the map. Often times you are not with in 5k of an airshop if you are out running drugs or whatever else which greatly increases the time it takes to get to the cartel. I think the "response time" would change a great deal if 3-5 air shops were added.

TRYHARD likes this
  • Change the Black Market Production closest to Kavala into new Oil Cartel location
    • Currently the two Black Market Productions are fairly close to each other anyways
    • For immersion purposes the industrial complex that the Black Market Production resides in would be a realistic feel for an Oil Cartel
    • Would be some what close to Kavala so if any new players join it wouldn't be too outside their comfort zone to attempt to capture the Oil Cartel, which is known to be the lesser of the cartels
  • Shutdown Server 2 and only use Server 1
    • Increased activity overall
    • Simplifies housing market due to being locked to one server
    • Rids the forums of the multiple gang applications for different servers
  • Wipe servers (Money, Houses, Prestige (Everything))
    • Would allow new players to actually have a chance on Asylum
    • Houses owned by inactive players would actually be obtainable again, at least for a while
    • Increase the price for buying Asylum money, even if frowned upon it's good if your servers' currency is worth more
    • Would force previous and current players to actually start grinding again
  • Whitelist EMT
    • Would allow for higher payouts
    • Elimination of the mass VDM dealt from medics, though not perfect
    • Allows more serious players to pursue the medic faction for persistent entertainment and revenue source
  • Increase maximum housing price
    • As many know there are more than a few houses that people would sell for more than $999,999, increasing the cap would leave the market more open and more houses would be obtainable then before since people used to just hold houses unlisted until they found a buyer for more than $999,999

Constructive criticism, please.

Edited by Slave
Color change
Mr.Purple likes this
Just now, Steve said:

Imo that has to do with simply the lack of air shops around the map, one of the small but effective things Olympus has is the larger number of air shops around the map. Often times you are not with in 5k of an airshop if you are out running drugs or whatever else which greatly increases the time it takes to get to the cartel. I think the "response time" would change a great deal if 3-5 air shops were added.

They have a lot more helis being used. But they also have titans. Its a two way street.