Asylum Announcement

Just now, Shepurd said:

As long as its a decent money maker, and they add some elements to it that make it fun to play, there's no reason to nerf defibs when they add whitelisted medics. I think people would play it regardless.

WILL NOT NERF DEFIBS. We will look at reworking the medic position, while still allowing the civs/cops to operate as usual. 

3 minutes ago, Batcan said:

Yeah this guy was mad at Poseidon for helping asylum now he's a dev.

Bit different when you're the owner of a server for a long time and decide to abandon the community you made, etc after paying for your college, etc... I merely was a developer at Olympus, who barely played Olympus. I have maybe 450 hours on Olympus. On Asylum I have probably over 1,000 hours.  Asylum was my first server to play on for a long time and offered to help before going to Olympus. Olympus however, was a very good community/family that I enjoyed. A lot of people at Olympus are still my family, I met a lot of cool people, we still talk daily some of us, etc. I planned on coming back to Olympus potentially after my 3 credit school course was over on December 19th. Also, when finding out Kurt was going to leave due to the extra desk duties and such that he obtained, I offered to take over Olympus and give Peter a payout royalty. However, that offer wasn't accepted. I do not see eye to eye very well with decisions Peter is making at Olympus currently. I was approached to help out here, so I accepted. 

Just now, Jesse said:

Bit different when you're the owner of a server for a long time and decide to abandon the community you made, etc. I merely was a developer at Olympus, who barely played Olympus. I have maybe 450 hours on Olympus. On Asylum I have probably over 1,000 hours.  Asylum was my first server to play on for a long time and offered to help before going to Olympus. Olympus however, was a very good community/family that I enjoyed. A lot of people at Olympus are still my family, I met a lot of cool people, we still talk daily some of us, etc. I planned on coming back to Olympus potentially after my 3 credit school course was over on December 19th. Also, when finding out Kurt was going to leave due to the extra desk duties and such that he obtained, I offered to take over Olympus and give Peter a payout royalty. However, that offer wasn't accepted. I do not see eye to eye very well with decisions Peter is making at Olympus currently. I was approached to help out here, so I accepted. 

I'm glad you're here dude, and I hope you stick around for a while :)

Just now, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

WILL NOT NERF DEFIBS. We will look at reworking the medic position, while still allowing the civs/cops to operate as usual. 

LORD BADA HAS SPOKENNNNN!!!! ALL HAIL THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Its not as great as you might think.

Imo what already has a custom action control does not need to be tied to the windows key. However their are easily 10+ scroll wheel things that could be changed to windows key. When you get down to it, it depends on what it is you are looking at specifically. For instance, if you ask me there is no need for picking up Y to be tied to the windows key since that is already able to be done through a custom action. Though for picking/gathering, robbing, atm access maybe it would be better. The best thing they could do in this scenario is give the player control of it client side, by that I mean give the player the ability to choose if they want to use windows key or the traditional scroll wheel functions that Asylum has been using. Either way, unless this is a huge hindrance as it stands currently I doubt it will be looked at for sometime.

Edited by Steve
Just now, Steve said:

Imo what already has a custom action control does not need to be tied to the windows key. However their are easily 10+ scroll wheel things that could be changed to windows key. When you get down to it, it depends on what it is you are looking at specifically. For instance, if you ask me there is no need for picking up Y to be tied to the windows key since that is already able to be done through a custom action. Though for picking gathering, robbing, atm access maybe it would be better. The best thing they could do in this scenario is give the player control of it client side, by that I mean give the player the ability to choose if they want to use windows key or the traditional scroll wheel functions that Asylum has been using. Either way, unless this is a huge hindrance as it stands currently I doubt it will be looked at for sometime.

There's some poor choices on how addActions are currently done. Currently the player runs them all evaluating them. They should be attached to the object the addaction is needed on. This requires less computation engine wise.

Just now, Jesse said:

There's some poor choices on how addActions are currently done. Currently the player runs them all evaluating them. They should be attached to the object the addaction is needed on. This requires less computation engine wise.

So I imagine that is Client side unless it somehow causes issues with the players are connected to the servers and the database themselves. I don't have experience in this so it's really just me being curious.

Just now, Steve said:

So I imagine that is Client side unless it somehow causes issues with the players are connected to the servers and the database themselves. I don't have experience in this so it's really just me being curious.

Well... ask yourself this: Why the server would need scroll wheel actions?

You can probably answer your question yourself then.

BaDaBiNg_10-8, Steve and Le Razoir like this
Just now, Elaiscancer said:

If you guys can optimize the servers and bring some new content I think there's a good chance that Asylum gets its population back.  Perfect timing toowith Christmas break

Realistically though that timeline to deliver content & optimizations will be quite hard to meet. As the Asylum mission is very different. I haven't seen server side files of Asylum for a few years. Lots of changes.

Just now, Jesse said:

Realistically though that timeline to deliver content & optimizations will be quite hard to meet. As the Asylum mission is very different. I haven't seen server side files of Asylum for a few years. Lots of changes.

Good luck, I think you'll need it. Even Poseidon wasn't able to fix it.

Sheriff Rick likes this

Since Mitch decided to merge this post to some random thread I'll just post it on his, frackin' nerd.

• Change the Black Market Production closest to Kavala into new Oil Cartel location
    • Currently the two Black Market Productions are fairly close to each other anyways
    • For immersion purposes the industrial complex that the Black Market Production resides in would be a realistic feel for an Oil Cartel
    • Would be some what close to Kavala so if any new players join it wouldn't be too outside their comfort zone to attempt to capture the Oil Cartel, which is known to be the lesser of the cartels
  • Shutdown Server 2 and only use Server 1
    • Increased activity overall
    • Simplifies housing market due to being locked to one server
    • Rids the forums of the multiple gang applications for different servers
  • Wipe servers (Money, Houses, Prestige (Everything))
    • Would allow new players to actually have a chance on Asylum
    • Houses owned by inactive players would actually be obtainable again, at least for a while
    • Increase the price for buying Asylum money, even if frowned upon it's good if your servers' currency is worth more
    • Would force previous and current players to actually start grinding again
  • Whitelist EMT
    • Would allow for higher payouts
    • Elimination of the mass VDM dealt from medics, though not perfect
    • Allows more serious players to pursue the medic faction for persistent entertainment and revenue source
  • Increase maximum housing price
    • As many know there are more than a few houses that people would sell for more than $999,999, increasing the cap would leave the market more open and more houses would be obtainable then before since people used to just hold houses unlisted until they found a buyer for more than $999,999

Constructive criticism, please.

1 hour ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

No plan to, but we are going to look at whitelisted medics, because that has been my dream for many years now.

do you know how many medic hummingbirds ive crashed landing on tower at drug cartel trying to revive people, the answer is too many, one time i landed 2 of them bitches on the tower while there was an orca also landed on it. then one rolled off and blew up then the orca rolled off and rolled ontop my other hummingbird and both blew up. but i revived like 2 people so totally worth it

Huan Lee likes this