Asylum Announcement

Just now, Slave said:

Since Mitch decided to merge this post to some random thread I'll just post it on his, frackin' nerd.

• Change the Black Market Production closest to Kavala into new Oil Cartel location
    • Currently the two Black Market Productions are fairly close to each other anyways
    • For immersion purposes the industrial complex that the Black Market Production resides in would be a realistic feel for an Oil Cartel
    • Would be some what close to Kavala so if any new players join it wouldn't be too outside their comfort zone to attempt to capture the Oil Cartel, which is known to be the lesser of the cartels
  • Shutdown Server 2 and only use Server 1
    • Increased activity overall
    • Simplifies housing market due to being locked to one server
    • Rids the forums of the multiple gang applications for different servers
  • Wipe servers (Money, Houses, Prestige (Everything))
    • Would allow new players to actually have a chance on Asylum
    • Houses owned by inactive players would actually be obtainable again, at least for a while
    • Increase the price for buying Asylum money, even if frowned upon it's good if your servers' currency is worth more
    • Would force previous and current players to actually start grinding again
  • Whitelist EMT
    • Would allow for higher payouts
    • Elimination of the mass VDM dealt from medics, though not perfect
    • Allows more serious players to pursue the medic faction for persistent entertainment and revenue source
  • Increase maximum housing price
    • As many know there are more than a few houses that people would sell for more than $999,999, increasing the cap would leave the market more open and more houses would be obtainable then before since people used to just hold houses unlisted until they found a buyer for more than $999,999

Constructive criticism, please.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, Slave said:

Since Mitch decided to merge this post to some random thread I'll just post it on his, frackin' nerd.

• Change the Black Market Production closest to Kavala into new Oil Cartel location
    • Currently the two Black Market Productions are fairly close to each other anyways
    • For immersion purposes the industrial complex that the Black Market Production resides in would be a realistic feel for an Oil Cartel
    • Would be some what close to Kavala so if any new players join it wouldn't be too outside their comfort zone to attempt to capture the Oil Cartel, which is known to be the lesser of the cartels
  • Shutdown Server 2 and only use Server 1
    • Increased activity overall
    • Simplifies housing market due to being locked to one server
    • Rids the forums of the multiple gang applications for different servers
  • Wipe servers (Money, Houses, Prestige (Everything))
    • Would allow new players to actually have a chance on Asylum
    • Houses owned by inactive players would actually be obtainable again, at least for a while
    • Increase the price for buying Asylum money, even if frowned upon it's good if your servers' currency is worth more
    • Would force previous and current players to actually start grinding again
  • Whitelist EMT
    • Would allow for higher payouts
    • Elimination of the mass VDM dealt from medics, though not perfect
    • Allows more serious players to pursue the medic faction for persistent entertainment and revenue source
  • Increase maximum housing price
    • As many know there are more than a few houses that people would sell for more than $999,999, increasing the cap would leave the market more open and more houses would be obtainable then before since people used to just hold houses unlisted until they found a buyer for more than $999,999

Constructive criticism, please.

Why grind when I can just buy money :frog:

Russell* and DeepHouse like this
Just now, Slave said:

exactly, you'd pay a higher price if the servers would wipe. which is technically good for economy. boom

why would we wipe the server, 2 people whove been deeply embedded in the community for years know just as well as the rest of us thats a dumb idea. people have grinded thousands of hours and made enough money for rent just by selling off money. That's a horrible idea. We wanna attract new and old players, not just new players. I'm not gonna sit here arguing though, We just don't see eye to eye in this topic.

Edited by Sean. /House
Just now, Sean. /House said:

why would we wipe the server, 2 people whove been deeply embedded in the community for years know just as well as the rest of us thats a dumb idea. people have grinded thousands of hours and made enough money for rent just by selling off money. That's a horrible idea. We wanna attract new and old players, not just new players.

u say that like i dont have thousands of hours into the server. and many games have servers that wipe. and its a good thing for those and it could be for asylum too. you just dont know until its done.

Shad0wedDreamer likes this
Just now, Slave said:

exactly, you'd pay a higher price if the servers would wipe. which is technically good for economy. boom

The Australia life modded server Paratus did wiped everyone and sure money was worth more on that server.  But also nobody played on it after two weeks.  And this was when Arma 3 actually had a thriving community, which it doesn't now.

Just now, Slave said:

u say that like i dont have thousands of hours into the server. and many games have servers that wipe. and its a good thing for those and it could be for asylum too. you just dont know until its done.

I never said you haven't played thousands of hours, I'm just stating there's no point in this argument because we just have different opinions on what would be best.

Just now, Elaiscancer said:

The Australia life modded server Paratus did wiped everyone and sure money was worth more on that server.  But also nobody played on it after two weeks.  And this was when Arma 3 actually had a thriving community, which it doesn't now.

I played aussie life and to be honest that server had more problems than just being wiped. ive done a couple posts i believe in the past and many people replied listing these issues it had as to why not to bring it back.

14 minutes ago, Romulus said:

I always knew I was sticking around forums for some reason.  I now know that reason.  Congrats guys, I can not wait to see the direction these servers go in. I was just explaining to a buddy today all the good times that this server provided me over the years.

We plan on bringing those days back. Thank you for the support. 

goyney, Big Fred, Emma and 7 others like this
32 minutes ago, Romulus said:

I always knew I was sticking around forums for some reason.  I now know that reason.  Congrats guys, I can not wait to see the direction these servers go in. I was just explaining to a buddy today all the good times that this server provided me over the years.

Romulus for Admin 2k19? :pogchamp:

Romulus likes this