Hello, I'm Jesse.

Jesse

Originally I started Altis life on a server called Easys Altis life which was a shit show of bugs, random unfinished features, weird mechanics, and a dev/owner who procrastinated on patches constantly. When I came over to Olympus and Jesse was the dev, I was amazed on how everything actually worked, a lot of nice features and a clean UI. Updates were consistent and the community had a say. I really appreciated having Jesse as a dev while playing Olympus and I am excited to see what he does for asylum.

Roice, Rag, Jesse and 2 others like this

As a fellow German Shepherd owner, welcome! I'm excited to see what the future has in store for us all. German Shepherd puppy pro tip, get lots of different chew toys for the teething period. I have awoken to her eating my phone, shoes, ect.... Overall, best thing that has ever happened to me was picking out my puppy some 9 years ago. I hope same goes for you. 

https://gyazo.com/eed59aefbe7d34a83cb5b15315c96df4

Edited by MASTA_B
picture
Blake. and Jesse like this
Just now, Vortex said:

ayyy i remember when you had your own server up, savage badger gaming i think it was called if i remembered right? @Jesse remember playing it on release on tanoa

good shit though, if anyone's able to sort out the mess of code in the mission file its gonna be you

Haha. Glad you stopped by and checked out the server. :D

Vortex likes this

Potential issue that may be new, then again this is Asylum and I expect to experience these sorts of problems on the regular. As of right now when you try to join s2 it just says Battle eye client initiation failed. Everyone I asked who tried to join said the same so I'm not really sure if it's crashing or what.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Hey all,

Some of you may know me from past experiences or know me from visiting other servers, etc. I have been around the Arma 3 Community for quite a bit and have had a few of my own servers and helped on various projects with other communities. I don't want to get much in to my A3 development work. However, I will tell you a bit about my personal life... I am 25 as of today. I just recently picked up a puppy (German Shepherd) named Luna who is basically a small child who poops outside. I went to school for a Bachelors in IT - Networking, coding was not my first pick at all. I worked at an ISP for 3 months as an intern and hated the job. Since that job, I've just worked various warehouse positions to pay off school debt while I figure out what I want to do. I have a strong desire to try and become a LEO, but not sure how to go about doing everything I need to get my foot in the door. Oh an my grammar is awful... I sprinkle a comma everywhere and anywhere.

Last night was when I got instated in to my position and we (Clint, Bada, and I) immediately started work on figuring out some performance issues. I have found a few things that I feel are causing issues, so we made some changes to Server 3 last night and adjusted some settings. We feel that these very well could be issues and will be implementing a change to probably Server 2 to "Stress Test" to help me see some issues that may arise and figure stuff out. However, it's all still a theory and we need to be sure that we don't mess up current systems like Splunk, etc. However, I feel very confident one of them may be the issue. I am a big fan of being social with the community and interacting with staff. So you will see a lot of transparency with development related tasks and such.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask or shoot me a pm. :)

Thanks,
Jesse

So is Splunk still being paid for out of pocket like bamf was doing? If so, what are the odds of you importing the stats system Olympus uses over here since that is free?

Innate likes this