Random Vehicle Crash Event (Content for all factions)

I've been working on a random vehicle crash event and have made the bare bones of it and was wondering what everyone's opinion on it is.  Its mostly for police and medics to go and clean up the wrecked vehicles and tend to the injuries of the passenger(s) for a monetary reward.  There could possible be a civ/rebel function for it too.  If a civ/rebel rolls up on a crash site they could possibly repair and lock pick the vehicle to either chop it or use it.  Only police and medics would be notified of the crash though so it would be hard for a civ/rebel to find one.

The way this works is it picks a random location on the map, finds the nearest road, makes sure there is no player near the spot so the player doesn't crash into it, selects a random crash scene template and then notifies police and medics.

Just thought this would add a little content to medics and police (possibly civs/rebels).

Current Feature List:
- Animated NPCs around crash site (Probably need to work on this a bit more)
- Damaged vehicles
- Treated injured occupants of the vehicles
- Repair vehicles
- Ability to copy NPCs and Vehicles placed into EDEN editor for crash scene templates
- Notify police/medics of crash
- Impound Vehicles

Planned Features:
- NPCs that can bleed out
- Once crash site is cleaned up medics/cops are paid that were at scene:
  - Increase payment based on:
    - Initial distance from crash site
    - Time it takes to clean up crash site
    - If vehicles were repaired prior to impound
    - If you saved a NPC that was bleeding out
- Crash scenes with HEMMTs or other vehicles that have virtual inventory/actual inventory that can be robbed by Civs/Rebels
- OnStar headquarters that has a terminal that can be hacked to let all civilians know when a crash occurs
- Police capability to restore the terminal to remove civ access.

Latest:

Initial bare bones:

Edited by Destrah
Just now, Kevingreen23 said:

It'd be cool to add for just the Medics when they get whitelisted in the future but for the npcs when they get revived you should add a timer so they despawn after a few mins that way there's not random npcs all over the map

Yeah the NPCs and vehicles will despawn after a while.  Either after the event is finished or if the event goes untouched for 5-20 mins.

Kev 23 and Blake. like this

I like the concept I think it would be fun but wear thin shortly. 

When I first read the post I thought it was more to do with informing medics when a player has crashed their car and taken considerable damage.  Which is also possible to code I believe, would require quite a few arguments to determine the cause of damage though.

Either way it would add onto reasons for people wanting to become medic

3 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

I like the concept I think it would be fun but wear thin shortly. 

When I first read the post I thought it was more to do with informing medics when a player has crashed their car and taken considerable damage.  Which is also possible to code I believe, would require quite a few arguments to determine the cause of damage though.

Either way it would add onto reasons for people wanting to become medic

Yeah, there's a possibility of it getting old quick but I think there are some things I can do to keep it somewhat fun. Like adding how long it takes a medic/cop to get there, how fast they get the crash site cleaned up and how far they were from it originally would buff the pay which adds that extra level of challenge which is always fun. 

Oh I could also keep most of the crashes on the MSR near the major cities too which adds to RP. Like cops/medics setting up barriers (wish flashing lights. Made a script for that).  That's if medics become whitelisted.  Or I could auto add the flashing barriers. 

Edited by Destrah
BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this
1 hour ago, Destrah said:

Yeah, there's a possibility of it getting old quick but I think there are some things I can do to keep it somewhat fun. Like adding how long it takes a medic/cop to get there, how fast they get the crash site cleaned up and how far they were from it originally would buff the pay which adds that extra level of challenge which is always fun. 

Oh I could also keep most of the crashes on the MSR near the major cities too which adds to RP. Like cops/medics setting up barriers (wish flashing lights. Made a script for that).  That's if medics become whitelisted.  Or I could auto add the flashing barriers. 

I like that, interesting.

Kev 23 likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Kitsune Neko said:

Sounds Neat, It'd definitely be interesting to try out. Hope it can be added. That's seems like something I'd probably try to do if I ever go back to playing medic when I'm bored.

Yeah, thought I would make something to keep medics/cops entertained during down time.

There can also be a civ/rebel part to it too if these features are able to be added.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:05 PM, Destrah said:

Planned Features:
- Impound Vehicles
- NPCs that can bleed out
- Once crash site is cleaned up medics/cops are paid that were at scene:
  - Increase payment based on:
    - Initial distance from crash site
    - Time it takes to clean up crash site
    - If vehicles were repaired prior to impound
    - If you saved a NPC that was bleeding out
- Crash scenes with HEMMTs or other vehicles that have virtual inventory/actual inventory that can be robbed by Civs/Rebels
- OnStar headquarters that has a terminal that can be hacked to let all civilians know when a crash occurs
- Police capability to restore the terminal to remove civ access.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Lucien said:

Another thing I thought of when reading this would be something similar to a prison transport crash, where apd and rebels could go to either rescue or recapture prisoners for a payout or something (just to add some variety)

That's a good idea.  I'll look at implementing that with this.

• 8 months later...