PRISON  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Should you lose your bounty when BROKEN out of prison

Currently you lose your bounty when you are broken out of prison. To me this makes no sense. No idea why it was changed

@Gen. Henry Arnold @Windmere @someonechangeitpls

also it's worth noting that with my 300k bounty if I get broken out instantly and then get caught again I would serve next to no time in jail.

Whilst we're here.......

Edited by Alec-I

Career cops everywhere. For those of you that don't play civ, consider that gearing up, getting everybody to the prison, and completing the break takes like half of the time the MAXIMUM sentence people inside would have normally been serving anyway. There is like NO incentive to do prison breaks beyond just trying to fuck with the APD for a fight. You're not making money and the time served you're reducing is minimal so why should civs even bother if you make them keep the bounty?

EDIT: furthermore you end up with escaping jail and so you end up with a 10k bounty and sent back straight to jail when caught.

Edited by pr0digyt
Gen. Henry Arnold and Sikorsky like this
38 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

Career cops everywhere. For those of you that don't play civ, consider that gearing up, getting everybody to the prison, and completing the break takes like half of the time the MAXIMUM sentence people inside would have normally been serving anyway. There is like NO incentive to do prison breaks beyond just trying to fuck with the APD for a fight. You're not making money and the time served you're reducing is minimal so why should civs even bother if you make them keep the bounty?

EDIT: furthermore you end up with escaping jail and so you end up with a 10k bounty and sent back straight to jail when caught.

I think you voted for the wrong option reading this...

Silver-Spy, Atra, Kev 23 and 3 others like this
Just now, Patato said:

Still need to revert the prison mechanics, its boring being the guy to actually break people out of the prison

You don't have to stand directly at the door for the first part anymore. You only have to be stationary when hacking the gate and lockpicking the other two which doesn't feel that long at all. 

Just now, Lucien said:

Because you aren't getting it - having large bounties are a thing of pride, and this makes it easier to gain those bragging rights

I think this guy called me a career cop lol

also it makes no sense that you lose your bounty when being BROKEN out of jail. if not then it actually helps civs

i'll just get broken out of jail and turn myself in so I don't have to serve the full time.. you can essentially turn ANY ticket value into a 10k ticket. broken surely?

Edited by Alec-I
Fried Rice, Mank, Sikorsky and 4 others like this
Just now, Alec-I said:

I think this guy called me a career cop lol

also it makes no sense that you lose your bounty when being BROKEN out of jail.  

Without looking at the people who voted 'no' I'm going to guess that a large percentage are career cops because the number of people exclusively concerned with doing a prison break specifically to retain a high bounty is minimal imo. The charges being wiped makes sense from a gameplay perspective, though not necessarily from an RP one. (Unless you maybe count hacking the prison system as deleting the inmates' charges from the APD database)

Just now, Lucien said:

Because you aren't getting it - having large bounties are a thing of pride, and this makes it easier to gain those bragging rights

High bounties are not that hard to accumulate if that's what you're after. If you really want it to be a thing worthy of bragging then it seems only fitting to me that we consider it brag-worthy that you have a bounty and never got fully processed by police in the first place. Those who go to jail and break out and retain their bounties have previously FAILED to safeguard their bounties. It seems more bragworthy to me to have a high bounty where you know they never failed.

8 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

Without looking at the people who voted 'no' I'm going to guess that a large percentage are career cops because the number of people exclusively concerned with doing a prison break specifically to retain a high bounty is minimal imo. The charges being wiped makes sense from a gameplay perspective, though not necessarily from an RP one. (Unless you maybe count hacking the prison system as deleting the inmates' charges from the APD database)

High bounties are not that hard to accumulate if that's what you're after. If you really want it to be a thing worthy of bragging then it seems only fitting to me that we consider it brag-worthy that you have a bounty and never got fully processed by police in the first place. Those who go to jail and break out and retain their bounties have previously FAILED to safeguard their bounties. It seems more bragworthy to me to have a high bounty where you know they never failed.

I mean i can promise you 90% of rebels who got caught back in the day with a 50k+ bounty would want a Prison Break to happen. It used to be "Fuck we messed up this bank everyone whos not in jail buy gear and break us out i need to keep this 100k bounty".

Alec-I likes this

Never understood why the bounty was lost honestly.  It almost defeats the purpose of breaking that person out.  Two reasons, youre trying to bounty stack as a rebel and on the police side, if you get broken out and caught right away it turns your prison sentence from whatever was remaining to 1 minute lol.

Edited by HotWings
45 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

Is it really failing when a BH or cop catches you at donor during cartel fights?  You have to spawn, and anyone who knows anything knows where that will be

36 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Never understood why the bounty was lost honestly.  

Because people was sent to jail by friends, shared the bounty, was broken out and arrested again by their friends and shared money again. 

I think it was changed when that one streamer zombiewall or something did that with his group while he had a 10 mill bounty 

I meeeeeeean if it doesn't change it's fine by me I can get out of a 45 min sentence within 10 mins regardless of what my ticket price is! just thought it should change considering this is what happened to me today...

300k bounty. got arrested

got broken out had a 10k ticket

got sent back and paid bail ez!

Edited by Alec-I
HotWings, Fried Rice, Innate and 1 other like this
15 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Because people was sent to jail by friends, shared the bounty, was broken out and arrested again by their friends and shared money again. 

I think it was changed when that one streamer zombiewall or something did that with his group while he had a 10 mill bounty 

You cant do that anymore.  And if you leave your group or gang to arrest someone that would be exploiting.  punish the stupid people breaking the rules not everyone.

Steve and Shepurd like this

Being broken out of jail should keep your previous bounty.

The jail should be reverted back to either OG pyrgos prison, or the one Alec made in the OP.

And the jail mechanics should be reverted to how it worked previously of there being 1 door you had to break open, and not 3 or 4 like it is now. I think I've actually completed a prison break like once or twice in the last 2 years since they changed it. It wasn't a change anyone asked for, and its shit. Prisons are only ever started to fight cops; no one ever completes them.

ALL HAIL THE GRAND WIZARDS CLINT AND BADING

First we fix the shit servers, then we fix the shit prison along with everything else that's shit.

7 hours ago, Tyler said:

I mean i can promise you 90% of rebels who got caught back in the day with a 50k+ bounty would want a Prison Break to happen. It used to be "Fuck we messed up this bank everyone whos not in jail buy gear and break us out i need to keep this 100k bounty".

Odd; never experienced any inclination to keeping a bounty. It was more a corollary of avoiding being arrested.

15 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Zombie barricades. 

Budbringer likes this

I believe "alec" it was implemented so cops would get a pay check twice for the same guy. I would like to keep it, but enforce some kind of rule with police guidelines, if a suspect has jail break you can only issue them a 20k ticket. Either way alec your a waster on here, your inputs are always negative. You should never be unbanned imo. Scrub

31 minutes ago, Tony. said:

I believe "alec" it was implemented so cops would get a pay check twice for the same guy. I would like to keep it, but enforce some kind of rule with police guidelines, if a suspect has jail break you can only issue them a 20k ticket. Either way alec your a waster on here, your inputs are always negative. You should never be unbanned imo. Scrub

ciC7XMk.jpg

Edited by 王 rando 王
picture didnt show up
Alec-I likes this