Requests for higher-ups

You should not be able to request a higher up if the person processing you does not believe your shit story about a blood god which we have heard 10 million times or about how you defended yourself from a Regiment chopper with a rook and had to bang out 20+ people.  Higher-up requests 99/100 times are not necessary, are a waste of time for everyone involved, and typically just a stall tactic for some idiot to vest the HQ.  If a cop does not believe your shit story it is not fail RP, COME UP WITH A NEW STORY.  Also for the higher-ups that take these requests, do not feel compelled to give someone a ridiculous reduction for their shit story even if it takes them 10-15minutes to tell it.  If you don't find their story appeasing or plausible, you have the option to RP as Alex Murphy and throw them away. 

I've played cop 2 nights since my return to Asylum and the amount of bitching/whining coming from people is at an all time high from an APD perspective.  

Feenix, Big Fred and JIMBO like this
Just now, Brotherdave said:

You should not be able to request a higher up if the person processing you does not believe your shit story about a blood god which we have heard 10 million times or about how you defended yourself from a Regiment chopper with a rook and had to bang out 20+ people.  Higher-up requests 99/100 times are not necessary, are a waste of time for everyone involved, and typically just a stall tactic for some idiot to vest the HQ.  If a cop does not believe your shit story it is not fail RP, COME UP WITH A NEW STORY.  Also for the higher-ups that take these requests, do not feel compelled to give someone a ridiculous reduction for their shit story even if it takes them 10-15minutes to tell it.  If you don't find their story appeasing or plausible, you have the option to RP as Alex Murphy and throw them away. 

I've played cop 2 nights since my return to Asylum and the amount of bitching/whining coming from people is at an all time high from an APD perspective.  

I get where you come from but at the same time this is a "light RP" server so the fact that they try to role play should be enough even if it is not a Bob Ross painting of a story. If someone wants to take 15 minutes to tell a story even if its bad, that should be enough for a severe reduction. What would you rather have? From the civ perspective it gets old when a cop pulls you out of the car, seizes your weapon instantly and reads your charges in 5 seconds. For me personally everyone I come into contact with gets a pardon or a severely reduced ticket. Again I get this is light RP and jail is there for a reason, but why would I, send someone to AFK for 45 minutes? I want people to continue to play the game and have fun. I don't seize guns til processing is almost done. Again, I get why prison is there I just cant see why when cops win the fight, taking your gun and processing you for roughly 10-15 isn't enough, but we have to send them to jail for 45 minutes for losing. 

Just now, Biground said:

I get where you come from but at the same time this is a "light RP" server so the fact that they try to role play should be enough even if it is not a Bob Ross painting of a story. If someone wants to take 15 minutes to tell a story even if its bad, that should be enough for a severe reduction. What would you rather have? From the civ perspective it gets old when a cop pulls you out of the car, seizes your weapon instantly and reads your charges in 5 seconds. For me personally everyone I come into contact with gets a pardon or a severely reduced ticket. Again I get this is light RP and jail is there for a reason, but why would I, send someone to AFK for 45 minutes? I want people to continue to play the game and have fun. I don't seize guns til processing is almost done. Again, I get why prison is there I just cant see why when cops win the fight, taking your gun and processing you for roughly 10-15 isn't enough, but we have to send them to jail for 45 minutes for losing. 

Just because you can talk for 15 minutes should not guarantee you a reduction.  I'm all for pardoning people or 1$ dollars tickets but people have to give me something to work with other than the same story I've heard too many times.  You are assuming I'm telling people to robo cop people which is a stretch that is not my message.  Also to the guy who posted above me I'm far from APD bias I spend the majority of my time in Kavala doming the APD so I don't speak for or on the behalf of the APD.  But having seen both sides recently, I've had great interactions with the APD most of the time, the civilians/rebels awful interactions.   

Kernikov and Big Fred like this
Just now, Brotherdave said:

Just because you can talk for 15 minutes should not guarantee you a reduction.  I'm all for pardoning people or 1$ dollars tickets but people have to give me something to work with other than the same story I've heard too many times.  You are assuming I'm telling people to robo cop people which is a stretch that is not my message.  Also to the guy who posted above me I'm far from APD bias I spend the majority of my time in Kavala doming the APD so I don't speak for or on the behalf of the APD.  But having seen both sides recently, I've had great interactions with the APD most of the time, the civilians/rebels awful interactions.   

Of course it does not "guarantee" you a reduction, but they should be given one in my opinion. As long as it is not salt and its some sort of story telling it should be fine. If its the same story of course you can tell them that it sounds familiar but help them out as well. 90 percent of the people I process cannot formulate a story but I help them out asking about small details or trying to fill in parts of their story for them. Makes it more fun all around. 

Big Fred likes this
2 minutes ago, Brotherdave said:

If someone spends 20 minutes explaining a shit story, unless it's absolutely atrocious I consider it 15 minutes of jail time basically already served. I'm not too critical of someone's ability to RP, I'm more concerned with the effort they put in. If they seem to be engaged, I consider the time jail time, because it's time they're spending not doing what they want to do and instead standing still in handcuffs.

2) I've made some damned original stories and gotten robocopped. Had I not had the guarantee of a higher-up, some of these people would have sent me a full ticket despite excellent RP.

Mason and Big Fred like this
Just now, Jake said:

Denying a higher-up request takes me about 5 seconds, as someone who was Sergeant for a year, Lieutenant for another year, and a permanent Corporal due to being a retired LT, I don't see an issue with a higher-up request

This.  I mean come on @Brotherdave just value their attempt to try and rp and give a fucking reduction, pardon, parole if they meet the guidelines for such.  You get your money anyway so stop being a robocop and give the civs a good time.  Keep in mind every time you catch someone you ruin their fun that's why I am a very nice and lenient cop because everyone just wants to have fun and paying a ticket because you're having fun sucks.  Remember it's your job as an officer to show people a good time as you are most likely the people they interact with the most ESPECIALLY new players

Mason, Big Fred and pr0digyt like this
52 minutes ago, Brotherdave said:

pls go away 

Sliick likes this

I see both sides of the coin here, and people often forget roleplay is a two way street. It doesn’t have to be just talking, it’s truly a sandbox. Someone rambling a barely coherent story for 15 minutes is not roleplay. It’s an attempt to engage in roleplay. As an officer you have to respond to that, and if needed, steer the interaction elsewhere. 

Make criminals sweep the HQ. 

Offer to take them on patrol to show them the errors of their ways. 

Tell them you’ll let them go with a pardon if they can help you interrogate another suspect. 

Sitting stationary and rambling to a cadet going “okay and what about this charge?” Is the most boring thing ever. Have a back and forth. Ask about details. Put some emotion into it. You aren’t obliged to reduce or pardon, but you’ll be more willing to if you get stuck into their story or engage with any roleplay they’re trying to put out. 

Of course, some people just want to stand there and ramble, and you’re completely within your right to do whatever you feel is right with that too. 

Big Fred, BlackShot and Mason like this

Dude, when you get caught is when the fun begins. RP'ing your way out of the shit you got yourself into is the ultimate challenge.

I totally see where Dave is coming from though. A lot of civs can get really fucking salty just for getting caught.

Sometimes I wonder how cop players even put up with it. All the entitled little guidebook experts sure is a handful.  

Brotherdave, Kernikov and DeepHouse like this
35 minutes ago, pr0digyt said:

If someone spends 20 minutes explaining a shit story, unless it's absolutely atrocious I consider it 15 minutes of jail time basically already served. I'm not too critical of someone's ability to RP, I'm more concerned with the effort they put in. If they seem to be engaged, I consider the time jail time, because it's time they're spending not doing what they want to do and instead standing still in handcuffs.

2) I've made some damned original stories and gotten robocopped. Had I not had the guarantee of a higher-up, some of these people would have sent me a full ticket despite excellent RP.

My biggest concern is not whether your RP is excellent/good/shit but if your actions were against a newer player, other gangs, APD or just a normal civilian. If you fuck over a civilian that had put in like 30-40 mins of doing a run and you spent time telling me and interesting story I still think you deserve a near 100% ticket because you fucked over someone.  I dont think you should get out of that for 10-15 mins of RP which is expected since you're playing an RP server.  That's just me roleplaying as a cop serving JUSTICE <3

Mike Stmria, Big Fred and Nubis like this