Should players be able to respawn in their houses in a contested Turf?   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should players be able to respawn in their houses in a contested Turf?

Personally i would keep it the way it is but just reduce non spawn circle to just the houses that are within 100m-200m. People can spawn in houses and run into the fight without camping the signs.

People with houses within 100-200m still have the advantage of locking themselves in a barricaded area - they can even have a buddy beside them to revive each-other but at least it gives people without a house a chance.

Kille likes this

It's extremely overpowered. It favors those who have turf houses immensely. It shouldn't be about who has the best house, it should be about who is better in combat, just like cartels. Unless you have a turf timer (which isn't even reliable due to server lag) which would allow you to go to a turf in preparation for it to become contested, it would allow an equal opportunity for all players to get the turf. As soon as the turf pops, players could stop what they're doing, respawn pyrgos or athira and buy an sdar and get to the turf as fast as possible. I think that ensures that it gives every gang a chance at getting the turf. It won't be monopolized by one or two gangs like it used to be prior to the removal of respawning inside houses (namely EXG). 

In short it would allow a fair chance for everyone to get the turf. After all you can only cap a specific turf every 3 hrs IIRC, so might as well give everybody a fair chance to get to it. If everybody is fast enough they'll arrive at around the same time at the turf and the fight can ensue from there. It's definitely better than just respawning at your house and capping the flag before everybody and just sitting in it making people unable to kill you (who wants to bring 7.62 to a turf fight?) - it just doesn't give everybody a chance and I don't think the housing system was intended for that purpose in the first place. It's definitely useful if you have a house close to say meth where you can run to the processor and process all your ingredients there, but it's vastly different in terms of purpose and while it does give you an advantage compared to other people, the fact that turfs only go contested once every 3 hours definitely exacerbates the fact that it's overpowered. 

Basically if you do this, you're going a step backwards. People won't want to fight turfs unless they've got a 2.5 million dollar house overlooking overlooking the flag and one or two gangs will go back to owning the turfs all the time. 

Edited by massi
Grammar
Donald, Kille, Patato and 6 others like this
17 minutes ago, massi said:

Basically if you do this, you're going a step backwards. People won't want to fight turfs unless they've got a 2.5 million dollar house overlooking overlooking the flag and one or two gangs will go back to owning the turfs all the time. 

People fight turfs now? Back then there was fights 24/7 at turfs. Why shouldn't my investment help me out? Why would I not be allowed to use my house during a redzone?? Fairness? Okay then let's also have everyone have the same guns. Makes no sense. I think a compromise with cooldowns for each time to respawn in your house is good. Would prefer no cooldown but I'm open to compromise. You might want to consider it to.

Edited by Google™
Kitui and Joel like this
8 hours ago, Google™ said:

People fight turfs now? Back then there was fights 24/7 at turfs. Why shouldn't my investment help me out? Why would I not be allowed to use my house during a redzone?? Fairness? Okay then let's also have everyone have the same guns. Makes no sense. I think a compromise with cooldowns for each time to respawn in your house is good. Would prefer no cooldown but I'm open to compromise. You might want to consider it to.

If you're implying  that people don't fight for turfs then you're most definitely mistaken. I'm not sure what would lead you to think that 10 days in from a perm ban but I can assure you that turf fights definitely do happen. As for your "investment" helping you out, I've already covered that in my previous post:

8 hours ago, massi said:

It's definitely better than just respawning at your house and capping the flag before everybody and just sitting in it making people unable to kill you (who wants to bring 7.62 to a turf fight?) - it just doesn't give everybody a chance and I don't think the housing system was intended for that purpose in the first place. It's definitely useful if you have a house close to say meth where you can run to the processor and process all your ingredients there, but it's vastly different in terms of purpose and while it does give you an advantage compared to other people, the fact that turfs only go contested once every 3 hours definitely exacerbates the fact that it's overpowered. 

Fairness? Okay then let's also have everyone have the same guns. 

I don't see anything wrong with this. Everybody brings 7.62 to a cartel fight. 

I think a compromise with cooldowns for each time to respawn in your house is good. Would prefer no cooldown but I'm open to compromise. You might want to consider it to.

As I detailed in my previous post, there's no reason to revert it to what it was previously. It's completely fine as is, and up until you got unbanned literally nobody ever complained about it. It's a fair and just system. There are no compromises needed. If you want to get an advantage over other people with the help of the housing system, you should buy a house close to a processor (meth lab, spirit distillery, etc).

Edited by massi
grammar
Ronald, Nagidal, Bustah and 2 others like this

Turf fights used to be a thing. It completely favored those that owned houses but rodo has probobly 60 houses you can buy so it’s not like only the mega rich could afford one. 

I think a 2 minute Respawn timer is good to allow players that don’t have houses the time to cap the flag and go to a defendable position without immediately being shot at 30 seconds after killing someone.

If it’s kept the same turfs will continue to have no actual fighting.

8 hours ago, massi said:

As I detailed in my previous post, there's no reason to revert it to what it was previously. It's completely fine as is, and up until you got unbanned literally nobody ever complained about it. It's a fair and just system. There are no compromises needed. If you want to get an advantage over other people with the help of the housing system, you should buy a house close to a processor (meth lab, spirit distillery, etc).

Well obviously there's people who feel the same way as I do. Plenty of people are saying they want some type of a cooldown to spawn. You just don't like compromise. I'm open to it, I suggest you open your mind to it as well. I'm a civ rep, I have to make a voice for the people without one.

15 minutes ago, Kitui said:

all the people voting on this are either career  cops or hasnt been in a gang that regularly fights it / attempted to regularly fight it.

Showing up once a week to a 5v12 fight 5 attacker 12 defenders isnt going to end well.  Learn how to wallbang and you will literally win every fight.

FACTS STRAIGHT FACTS

I Hated spawning in my Rodo House after people found out where it was because all they did was wall bang me. Literally couldn't do shit. Pissed me off, then they just camp'd flag shot me then rotated so I couldn't ever get it when they really wanted it.

Literally some of the people voting never even play civ they're just voting no to fuck with us.

Edited by Google™
Kitui likes this

When I was in the MoB Figaz we basically owned rodopoli.  We lost it from time to time, mainly to rebel dept and envy.  Spawning in house while turf is red is really blown out of proportion, atleast when I played.  Does it give you an advantage? Yeah but minuscule if dealing with skilled players.  In almost every other situation you are rewarded for prime real estate in asylum, why should turfs be different.

Big Fred, Joel, Kitui and 2 others like this
Just now, Romulus said:

When I was in the MoB Figaz we basically owned rodopoli.  We lost it from time to time, mainly to rebel dept and envy.  Spawning in house while turf is red is really blown out of proportion, atleast when I played.  Does it give you an advantage? Yeah but minuscule if dealing with skilled players.  In almost every other situation you are rewarded for prime real estate in asylum, why should turfs be different.

+ fucking 1

On 12/29/2018 at 6:18 PM, TRYHARD said:

Turf fights used to be a thing. It completely favored those that owned houses but rodo has probobly 60 houses you can buy so it’s not like only the mega rich could afford one. 

I think a 2 minute Respawn timer is good to allow players that don’t have houses the time to cap the flag and go to a defendable position without immediately being shot at 30 seconds after killing someone.

If it’s kept the same turfs will continue to have no actual fighting.

+1

Make Turf-wars Great Again.

Kitui likes this
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

That moment when people are crying about how the poll isnt giving them what they want after previously crying about devs should listen to polls more.  Priceless.

Im fine with it as long as it goes both ways. If the devs use this poll to justify keeping turfs the way they are than Id like to see A new rebel by therisa.

Google™ likes this
On 12/31/2018 at 3:36 AM, danile666 said:

Probably shouldn't exclude votes from people in the community because a small subset are upset. 

Probably should. This isn't some official democracy thing. This is more as to get an idea of what people think about it. Bada will most likely add back Turf spawning but with a cooldown, that's if he's a making business man moves. Otherwise leaving the turf the same as it is now would be a bad business move.