How to embed Gyazo's on the forums (GUIDE)

Heidelberg

For some time, this has been an issue for many people here, providing frustration for both the author of the media and the viewer.  For those out there unaware of what Gyazo is, it's a program you use for taking screenshots/gifs which then generates a link that you can share with others.

This quick guide should settle it once and for all.

Step 1:

Take a picture/gif with Gyazo of whatever you want to share. A link will be generated.

Step 2:

Rightclick on the generated media. 

- If it's a picture, right click on the media, and click "copy image address". Pasting the copied image address will automatically embed the picture.

Spoiler

d74de7d081357b5a784951610d53f906.gif

- If it's a gif, type ".gif" without the quotation marks on the end of the generated link. Pasting that new link will automatically embed the gif.

Spoiler

1fd43a5962fec599989570a141a09b79.gif

And that should be it. Hopefully, this guide will help a lot of people having trouble finding out how to embed gifs/screenshots.

BlackShot, Jack7296, Scott and 11 others like this
13 hours ago, Samperino said:

Great guide!

I always recommend ShareX whenever Gyazo is mentioned as you can upload directly to IMGUR (or a ton of other hosts) for images and gifs. The only downside is that it's a little bit less user-friendly than Gyazo. It has a LOT of different options.

I used to love ShareX i had it upload to my own custom domain and i could always have my screenies without having to pay for gyazo was only like 99c a year for the 1st year.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 1:41 PM, Steve said:

You can drag the actual gyazo image to the asylum text box and it works all the same

This works for me on Firefox and Chrome.  I open the gyazo in a separate window, click the gyazo itself (not the URL or window) and drag into the text box. 

Actually just tried it on my Ubuntu machine and it didnt work lol, but I think that's because I'm using i3-wm.  Oh well