Money being worked on or ?

17 minutes ago, Big Fred said:

Well now that the money cap is gone,

and the group cap is gone,

I really don't see the problem making money anymore.

If Leroy could make $62,000,000 by eating berries and chopping quadbikes it's more likely a problem with your strategy than a balancing issue on the server tbh.

Money cap and group cap don't magically solve deficiencies in the mission file setup. Holding up one or two guys as an example and saying its easy doesn't make your argument valid either. If the OP is complaining about relative ease vs money sink for new players on both servers, then he's right in saying Olympus is more newbie friendly. Insurance for vehicles and high payout for legal runs being an example.

I recall gnashes telling me one day that if you factor in the economy difference (1:10) that Asylum pay was equal but he failed to take into account the tempest, insurance, more varied load outs on Olympus, WPL and other easier means of pay with far less money lost such as whitelisted medics and APD (unlimited free load outs with higher payout on seizes vs Asylum). Even something simple like vigilante/bounty hunter is much easier on Olympus because they aren't assigned a target but rather have access to the entire wanted list and can pick and choose.

As for the APD, Olympus constable equivalents aren't required to kiss your ass and give you half off while getting boned with seize caps like Asylum, they toss 100% tickets at you most of the time with few exceptions and they lose nothing if they die. With regards to whitelisted medics as a form of income, you can easily make $200-500k+ playing casually over there but life here as a medic is garbage because the APD revives people that are dead.

@BaDaBiNg_10-8 you know what I'm talking about as we both complained about this on Asylum last year. Once you fix stability you should definitely look into an economy revamp here.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
TRYHARD likes this

@Obliteration We definitely don't want Asylum to feel like a farming simulator.

That being said, we need to find a good balance, and that is what we are actively working on.  You will most likely find price balancing in nearly every patch in the foreseeable future because of how important it is to the Life mod.  At the same time though, we don't want to overdue it and make money worthless, so it's unlikely you will see something incredibly drastic all at once, it will be handled over time so we can see how the player base reacts and how the "money making meta" evolves.

bum41 likes this
1 hour ago, Windmere said:

@Obliteration We definitely don't want Asylum to feel like a farming simulator.

That being said, we need to find a good balance, and that is what we are actively working on.  You will most likely find price balancing in nearly every patch in the foreseeable future because of how important it is to the Life mod.  At the same time though, we don't want to overdue it and make money worthless, so it's unlikely you will see something incredibly drastic all at once, it will be handled over time so we can see how the player base reacts and how the "money making meta" evolves.

Honestly add tempest devices and vehicle insurance and econemy will be effected alot more next patch bring in tempest devices and a small buff and I and no one will complain because you can do mass farming to house because gathering on this server takes me 30 years it feels like with out a tempest device ... This will also fix people begging staff for money it doesnt make the server look good where staff are giving out money people on olympus roast it "servers so shit that staff have to give out money for people to play it" ..... I have faith money will be fixed soon because its something that can be done in 1 nights work ... But what idk is Will it be fixed ...