My PC Is loud

william

Hello all just wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I am having with my computer. Just a few hours ago my PC started making this loud ass noise and I don't really know what is or what its doing to my PC. Please look at the video and tell me what you think. (ignore the state of it, I'm aware its a shit hole, not cleaned it in over a year.

.Casper and massi like this

Pretty much what everyone else said here:

1. Move around your wires to make sure nothing is clipping and then tighten things to make sure there isn't vibration.

2. Remove your video card and test the noise to rule out whats called "Coil Whine". You will notice with some of the 10xx series cards there are very loud coil whines when you are operating at higher frame rates. (Not sure if either applies there but its a simple test so probably still worth your time)

3. If both of those don't apply then I would start to try to figure out the scenario for which the noise occurs. If its during high load or high voltage requirement then it might possibly be your PSU if its a peice of shit. If you have any concern about it being your PSU or if you have a shitty PSU I would highly recommend just buying a new one before you damage any other parts. Even if you have a spare PSU you can always use it for a future build and there not expensive.

I can't see much of your PC but when your going through step #1 you can inspect various fans (CPU Fan, M1 / Chasis Fans, Video Card Fans, PSU Fan, e.t.c)

Hopefully that helps you @william

Edited by Sugarfoot
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

Pretty much what everyone else said here:

1. Move around your wires to make sure nothing is clipping and then tighten things to make sure there isn't vibration.

2. Remove your video card and test the noise to rule out whats called "Coil Whine". You will notice with some of the 10xx series cards there are very loud coil whines when you are operating at higher frame rates. (Not sure if either applies there but its a simple test so probably still worth your time)

3. If both of those don't apply then I would start to try to figure out the scenario for which the noise occurs. If its during high load or high voltage requirement then it might possibly be your PSU if its a peice of shit. If you have any concern about it being your PSU or if you have a shitty PSU I would highly recommend just buying a new one before you damage any other parts. Even if you have a spare PSU you can always use it for a future build and there not expensive.

Hopefully that helps you @william

its getting better overtime and I've done nothing its really weird lol.

Just now, william said:

its getting better overtime and I've done nothing its really weird lol.

Well shit like that like I said tends to occur during High Load / High Voltage. I just bought a 1070 ti and I could be playing a really high intensive game with no noise but if I loaded up some shitty game where I got 300 frames its going to be screaming with coil whine

william likes this

I usually have this problem every time I turn my pc on then after couple smacks it stops, mine sounds exactly the same even though it's like 8 month old and really clean from inside but it stops when i smack it or lift the case up a bit then put it back down. 

Edited by Dull
2 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Well shit like that like I said tends to occur during High Load / High Voltage. I just bought a 1070 ti and I could be playing a really high intensive game with no noise but if I loaded up some shitty game where I got 300 frames its going to be screaming with coil whine

My 1080 ti gets loud with high load I guess. Whenever I put my Arma Settings to 200% Sampling it turned jet engine mode. It’s okay though, small price to play for such sexy grass.

Gatorade likes this
On 1/6/2019 at 4:40 PM, william said:

Hello all just wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I am having with my computer. Just a few hours ago my PC started making this loud ass noise and I don't really know what is or what its doing to my PC. Please look at the video and tell me what you think. (ignore the state of it, I'm aware its a shit hole, not cleaned it in over a year.

my shit makes the same exact noise except usually a little louder but I when I give it a good hit everything is fine

On 1/10/2019 at 1:36 PM, Dull said:

I usually have this problem every time I turn my pc on then after couple smacks it stops, mine sounds exactly the same even though it's like 8 month old and really clean from inside but it stops when i smack it or lift the case up a bit then put it back down. 

In your case its most likely vibration - I would recommend the same.

- Start by tightening all the wires you can, routing any wires possible through the bottom of the case, and zip tie what evers loose. I would go further to make sure nothing is rubbing against the case as with vibration from the parts will make that noise.

- I would also go in and tighten some of the components down just as a double check. Don't over tighten anything as thats not needed.

- Lastly I would make sure the case side panel is on tight as if there is any bit that isn't full connected then that would be a tell tale sign.

If those three are checked then you should pay attention to what your doing when it comes about as it could be the "Coil Whine" thats introduced with the new 10xx card series. Not harmful at all but its something to do with the capacitors and coils they use in that series

++ Same goes for you @Chrome

Edited by Sugarfoot
Chrome likes this