Rule Clarification

Leady

Just now, Smee said:

so getting downed in the pilot seat - do i remove my hands from the mouse and keyboard ??? and let everyone die ??:?

Being downed in a heli while flying is something we are being very lenient on as there are game mechanics/joysticks that will allow you to be just fine. The being downed part applies more to those in ground vehicles who, when downed, still have full control.

Bully likes this
Just now, Leady said:

Being downed in a heli while flying is something we are being very lenient on as there are game mechanics/joysticks that will allow you to be just fine. The being downed part applies more to those in ground vehicles who, when downed, still have full control.

What if my foot is stuck on the gas when I get downed 

Edited by TRYHARD
Just now, Leady said:

The amount of times ive gotten downed and still been able to drive and fly is more than i could count on 10 pairs of hands. Unless theres something to fix this ingame bans are gonna happen for something out of peoples control.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz and thero like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

The amount of times ive gotten downed and still been able to drive and fly is more than i could count on 10 pairs of hands. Unless theres something to fix this ingame bans are gonna happen for something out of peoples control.

The being downed/driving part has been in the rules for sometime now. We added the restrained and helicopter part to address recent issues of people jumping out of unlocked helicopters and cars while restrained/downed.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

So if i get downed and can still operate my heli im supposed to just crash it? Same with a car?

See 

3 minutes ago, Leady said:

1 minute ago, Leady said:

That happens, Its quite different and easy to tell when someone is spinning in circles or going in a straight line and hitting everything in front of them to someone who has complete control.

21 minutes ago, Leady said:

So is it exploiting to fly when you're downed or not? like it's either against the rules or it's not against the rules?

Bobby The Pilot likes this
11 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

So is it exploiting to fly when you're downed or not? like it's either against the rules or it's not against the rules?

See 

42 minutes ago, Leady said:

IE: If you are piloting an heli, get downed and maintain control you are fine. You are downed oustide a heli/car but become bugged where you have full control, get into a heli/car to escape that is an exploit.

Just now, Leady said:

See 

IE: If you are piloting an heli, get downed and maintain control you are fine. You are downed oustide a heli/car but become bugged where you have full control, get into a heli/car to escape that is an exploit.

People seem to have problems understanding you eventhough you're speaking clearly so i'll help the ones out with a few lacking braincells.

THIS IS OK = Already in a vehicle and get downed and continue to control the vehicle

THIS IS NOT OK = Standing next to a vehicle > get downed > somehow still have full control of character (quick restrain/unrestrain) > jump into vehicle and take off eventhough you're supposed to be downed, aka knocked the fuck out.

Patato, Blake. and Bobby The Pilot like this
Just now, Midamaru said:

People seem to have problems understanding you eventhough you're speaking clearly so i'll help the ones out with a few lacking braincells.

THIS IS OK = Already in a vehicle and get downed and continue to control the vehicle

THIS IS NOT OK = Standing next to a vehicle > get downed > somehow still have full control of character (quick restrain/unrestrain) > jump into vehicle and take off eventhough you're supposed to be downed, aka knocked the fuck out.

+1

1 hour ago, Leady said:

just the way the wording is :)

17 minutes ago, Leady said:

See 

So say i'm spooling my heli get shot out by a bounty hunter or cop but find myself able to fly completely fine. Am i fine to lift up and fly off?

Would entering a second floor balcony count as and exploit? People, especially APD, love to exploit the games physics engine and "hop" onto balconies. If players access the second floor balcony in any other way than through the locked door, I think it should be seen as exploiting. 

@Hoodlum Priest has especially fallen victim to this in his Athira DMV house next to the Gen. store. Cops just "vault" from the General Store 2nd floor to his balcony.