Fix cars not saving after restart

Just now, Jake said:

I beg to differ..

As long as I have been a part of the community (I believe over 3 years now) I remember most “normal” restarts were soft restarts, soft restarts would keep the vehicle in the spot you logged... any admin/owner restart was a hard restart and never synced vehicles

I may be wrong but that is my recollection of the past, granted things are VERY different now

The occasional hard restart you'd lose your vehicles but most of the time it was fine

whatever they've done now I don't recall the last time my vehicles synced through a restart

Scott likes this
1 hour ago, Patato said:

Do you ever wonder why they warn you repeatedly long before a restart.

Personally i recommend having everything stored and sold at least 5mins before the restart.

Shouldn't need to fear that your cars just going to despawn after a restart when this was no issue for quite a while it's something which has been broken.

53 minutes ago, Jake said:

Good to know I stand corrected... as far as what they can do to fix this issue now I’ve no idea, I’m sure if it was something that worked in the past it is possible to implement (as long as it doesn’t have any negative repercussion)...

i know you’ve probably heard it before but give the devs some time to work out the kinks, granted there are still issues I don’t think any of us can deny they have worked hard as well as fixed issues since ownership changed

I'm all aboard with the Devs fixing stuff but i personally don't want them to have to destroy pretty important features of the game. As of now can i push a cartel 10 minutes to a restart and not care what happens to my IFRIT as it's just gonna despawn.

This quite heavily impacts runs as you are unable to do them for the last 30 mins of a restart due this your car despawning.

I wasn't aware this was a thing. I'll code something tonight/tomorrow and try to have it in by the weekend. Thanks all.

Edit (2/1/19): Unfortunately time got the best of me and I wasn't able to whip this up. Some database changes need to occur to store some data we currently aren't storing to make it happen the way I'd like to see it done. I'll hopefully be able to get this done next week with a small update to some data syncing/pulling I've been working on improving...

Masonn, Crossfade, Scott and 9 others like this