Change Log 8.3.1

8 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Rodo allows for faster gathering, so a shorter delay between each gather. 

Hop in and it enables the rear and side seats of the cargo van.

ive tried i pulled out my candy van and couldnt do anything other than driver n passenger :/ maybe i have to buy a new one not one form my garage?

Ron Johnson likes this
7 hours ago, Elaiscancer said:

You means civs?  Civs weren't the ones abusing parole and begging people to turn themselves in for it:frog:  Now those same cops who were abusing parole are just going to Robocop 

Civs were absolutely abusing parole. I've been called so many times by cartel rats to turn themselves in. They give a story and request parole...then alt f-4 glitching parole out the second they hit accept.  Happened countless times. I finally started reporting people for it. 

So maybe this was a two way street?

Russell* likes this
8 hours ago, Elaiscancer said:

You means civs?  Civs weren't the ones abusing parole and begging people to turn themselves in for it:frog:  Now those same cops who were abusing parole are just going to Robocop 

There will always be some bad apples, but cops who want to RP will now be meet with civ's who have no choice but to RP if they want a reduced ticket/pardon, instead of just saying 3 words " I want parole "

Russell* likes this
7 hours ago, Xavorey said:

There will always be some bad apples, but cops who want to RP will now be meet with civ's who have no choice but to RP if they want a reduced ticket/pardon, instead of just saying 3 words " I want parole "

That literally makes zero sense.  No cop was ever forced to give parole because a civ asked for it.  And you know that it wasn't removed because of that.  It was removed because certain cops were abusing the fuck out of it.  Which now they will go and Robocop people because the APD isn't enforcing any standards I guess.  No RP is going to be contributed.  All you did was keep the same shit head cops but now they'll just Robocop instead of abusing parole.

ChicoXL likes this
10 hours ago, Phil | OG said:

Why do we not use https for the website/forums?

@BaDaBiNg_10-8

When some Cloudflare settings were changed (I messaged @Clint Beastwood a bit ago and he made the changes required to reset) it removed the ability to visit the site at https://. Part of the issue cropped up during migration.
7d05a789c3755a8b2980011238974952.png

You can now revisit by specifying in your address bar and eventually we will probably have it so it's just used by default. I've addressed this issue previously as discussed in this thread: http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/99034-server-adjustments-server-2/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-700383

It's shown as "Info or Not Secure" due to images being served remotely and not locally from the server... i.e/ Some images are served from imgur/etc and not proxied by the forum software and stored locally.

Maaqs and Google™ like this
15 hours ago, SethK said:

I liked parole, not for the money but because it allows you to track known criminals where they go and be a deterrent from them repeating their crimes. I think parole should stay, but just be nerfed.

Be cool if they just coded it so if you had X bounty then you wouldn’t be eligible for parole at all through code.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:14 PM, SethK said:

I liked parole, not for the money but because it allows you to track known criminals where they go and be a deterrent from them repeating their crimes. I think parole should stay, but just be nerfed.

This ^

To nerf maybe just cut  the payout in half

Edited by Gяavlツ
Donald likes this

Imo parole should be changed such that the officer who issues it receives no money upon issuing it. Instead, have the payment occur after the civilian serves the full time without breaking it. (Just pay it out to all cops on the server to make it easy). Then, cops will only issue it if they think civilians will legitimately not break it.

It's a win-win from a cop perspective without changing much for civs. If they break it, go catch them. If they don't, get paid.

Edited by pr0digyt
Donald, Google™ and Twinkie like this
8 hours ago, pr0digyt said:

Imo parole should be changed such that the officer who issues it receives no money upon issuing it. Instead, have the payment occur after the civilian serves the full time without breaking it. (Just pay it out to all cops on the server to make it easy). Then, cops will only issue it if they think civilians will legitimately not break it.

It's a win-win from a cop perspective without changing much for civs. If they break it, go catch them. If they don't, get paid.

What if they log off after getting parole then? Nobody would get paid until they decided to log back on and serve the time out.

Also what would stop them from changing servers to one with fewer cops, having their cop friends hop on and then reap the rewards when parole has been served?

Either way parole is gone, so enjoy the RP :D 

Donald and Crossfade like this
8 hours ago, Slade Wilson said:

What if they log off after getting parole then? Nobody would get paid until they decided to log back on and serve the time out.

Also what would stop them from changing servers to one with fewer cops, having their cop friends hop on and then reap the rewards when parole has been served?

Either way parole is gone, so enjoy the RP :D 

this is true. 

tbh they should of just nerfed parole, these servers are lite RP, they should reduce the money cops get from parole, could of made it 50% of the bounty upto 150k is shared among everyone in the server, not just 2km so everyone gets less. and its a win win, cops get paid some money, civs get parole to break xD could also make it parole lasts 1hour 30min or even 2hours. then civs really need to consider if they want parole or not. either afk 45min(22Min with Community Goals) in jail or do legal shit for 2 hours.... id afk everytime and watch a show :D

Edited by Crossfade
Spec likes this