Favorite Map?

Favorite Map  

414 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite map?

As a member who has wanted a different aspect to Asylum for a while now, and has attempted to push for a different map, I personally believe that Tanoa is not a solid choice if the vote if in reference to another life server. In comparison to other options, whether a vanilla option or a modded version (I'm looking at you OG players), Tanoa doesn't necessarily offer too much content related to a Life Server. Of course, I loved the Tanoa life server, but if we only have to choose from one option, we all need to take a look into the specifics each map could offer.

• Tanoa is known for horrible CPU/GPU performance due to the unnecessary usage of brush such as tiny bushes, decomposing trees, and micro-flowers.
  • The road system, along with just about every ARMA map, is an absolute mess with no structure.
  • Apex is a chunk of DLC that some will not be able to afford. Of course, this won't be an issue for 67% of the player base, but some will have an issue with it. 

If everyone as a majority can agree with these contingencies than I believe Tanoa is an OK option for perhaps a server 4. But if you have the time, please take a look at other options that might be available to the public.
Stratis is too small, but the "new" addition of Malden could be a really good option for us guys. It has lots of potential, and I think in the hands of Jesse and the Devs good things can come from it. Take a minute to fly around it and admire the beautiful options for drug fields, cartels, police stations, and rebel outposts and such. 

MY MALDEN LIFE CONCEPT

Edited by Ron Johnson
Big Fred, X Jake, Maaqs and 2 others like this
8 hours ago, bunni said:

all the ppl who actually played stratis arent around anymore so ignore all the tonao ppl cus they never played stratis ever. stratis is 10x better then every map ever except for maybe tavianna :)

Im around brother, stratis needs to happen.

ZIM2233 likes this
On 2/25/2019 at 2:11 AM, 王 i have aids in my but 王 said:

Can we please get stratis back. If you arent bringing back strife then Stratis would honestly be the best map to have a life server on. Tanoa was autistic and malden is too small. Honestly just bring back strife and have it alternate maps. 

You say you want Stratis, but then complain that Malden is too small? 

62 square kilometers > 20 square kilometers --- simple math here.

4550e924b0498efbc7d1879236721161.png

93ded689639c659c9890b1a628ba91b7.png

Maaqs, Google™ and Hugo Stiglitz like this
4 minutes ago, bunni said:

when stratis was around asylum was popping during its first time and second time back. dont think it's a coincidence jus saying. look at asylum when tanoa was around was total cheeks and not fun at all 

Its another thing for gangs and players to do on the server. People are growing bored of just playing altis all the time I think.

In my opinion Malden it's almost a perfect "life map".

First of all it has nice landscapes. It looks cool and natural. It has a little bit of everything, excepting the fact that it's a medium-sized map. Second, it has great housing. I think this will be one of the best maps for roleplay after Altis, of course.

Tanoa isn't for everyone. It has a lot of lag and useless foliage, even if it has great towns wich are perfect for roleplay.

Stratis it's to small and without structures, houses, or cityes. Imo Stratis it's not a map for roleplay, it's for Wasteland, KOTH, and lots of firefights.

Edited by Robin
Squirtle likes this
11 minutes ago, Robin said:

In my opinion Malden it's almost a perfect "life map".

First of all it has nice landscapes. It looks cool and natural. It has a little bit of everything, excepting the fact that it's a medium-sized map. Second, it has great housing. I think this will be one of the best maps for roleplay, after Altis.

Tanoa isn't for everyone. It has a lot of lag and useless foliage, even if it has great towns wich are perfect for roleplay.

Stratis it's to small and without structures, houses, or cityes. Imo it isn't a map for roleplay, it's for Wasteland, KOTH, and lots of firefights.

I have been experimenting with map placements and building compounds for HQs, Rebels, and Cartels. I totally agree that it's "ALMOST" perfect. The biggest issue I have found is just the shortage of compounds usable for police HQs. Of course, in my experiments, I have just created compounds just as they did with the Athira HQ and Highway Patrol HQ. I will at some point show my map to the forums and see what you guys think!

• 2 weeks later...