Allow memes/banter on gang threads

Allow memes/banter on gang threads  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be allowed to post memes/banter on gang threads?

8 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

Moderate when flame wars start but other than that lets bring the memes back

Do you even hear yourself when you say that? Memes are flame wars. Some internet dumbass brings personal life into it. If you guys had the possibility to keep it within "gaming" I personally wouldn't give two shits. But time and time again, it turns into a dick swinging contest until someone gets hurt. Then it's running to the admins. Ha. No.

ItsLego, Huan Lee and Google™ like this
8 hours ago, Huan Lee said:

2 cops, a shitter, and an admin dont want us to have free speech

Just my opinion - the banter can be had over in the gang talk http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/12-gang-talk/

Its got very little to do with free speech. We have a place for recruitment and a place to have banter. The the people who want to grow their gang via the forums but don't want to have banter should be able to. Gang leaders should be able to have a clean recruitment thread that they can follow without getting mass notification of shit posts memeing them every time they lose a fight or get wiped

If the solution is having [Banter Welcome] in your title then so be it. But a blanket "You can shit post gang recruitment now" is not something i would vote yes to.

Huan Lee and Google™ like this
7 hours ago, Patato said:

Just my opinion - the banter can be had over in the gang talk http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/12-gang-talk/

Its got very little to do with free speech. We have a place for recruitment and a place to have banter. The the people who want to grow their gang via the forums but don't want to have banter should be able to. If the soloution is having [Banter Welcome] in your title then so be it. But Gang leaders should be able to have a clean recruitment thread where they can follow the topic without getting mass notification of shit posts memeing them everytime they lose a fight

The way I see it is that if someone doesn't like that we meme on our recruitment thread then they wouldn't be a good fit for the gang in the first place, making the need to clear the thread for recruitment, for us at least, not needed. There is an extent to which banter simply becomes spam where no one is laughing but the whole [Banter Welcome] thing is probably the best compromise for everyone.

Sheriff Rick, TRYHARD and Jaster like this
8 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Do you even hear yourself when you say that? Memes are flame wars. Some internet dumbass brings personal life into it. If you guys had the possibility to keep it within "gaming" I personally wouldn't give two shits. But time and time again, it turns into a dick swinging contest until someone gets hurt. Then it's running to the admins. Ha. No.

90% of the community thinks otherwise. Community manager.

8 hours ago, Patato said:

Its got very little to do with free speech. We have a place for recruitment and a place to have banter. The the people who want to grow their gang via the forums but don't want to have banter should be able to. Gang leaders should be able to have a clean recruitment thread that they can follow without getting mass notification of shit posts memeing them every time they lose a fight or get wiped

If the solution is having [Banter Welcome] in your title then so be it. But a blanket "You can shit post gang recruitment now" is not something i would vote yes to.

One solution is: you can only post on a gangs recruitment page about something non related to recruitment if you are apart of that gang. That way banter will just be between gang recruitment threads and not just a constant quoting on one thread

Edited by Jaster
8 hours ago, Patato said:

It's all we need.  Also if you put that in your recruitment thread and then can't handle the bantz and go crying to an admin you should be banned

8 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Too be fair memes no matter how toxic a meant to be jokes, I do believe we can keep it within "gaming" because we are all very mature people. No one in this community would ever post a picture of what someone looked like, or generally personal things to spread memes 

(I wiped my computer I don't have my gnashes pic anymore but you get the point.)

16 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

mitch is just mad cause he isn't as much of an EPIC gamer as he advertises. Go hunt your squirrel you pussy

vedalkennnnnn likes this