Player Report Change

Leady

Due to an increased number of players reporting others for combat log and VDM when not involved, we've decided to make a change to our player reporting policy.

Going forward:

• We will no longer be taking 3rd party reports for Combat Log and VDM.
  • You may still use evidence from another player to support your perspective if you were directly involved and they were not.

Thank you

- Asylum Staff

7 hours ago, cHROME. said:

they will get unbanned anyway reports clearly doesnt work. 

Reporting players is something that has always been controversial because we have two types of players. 

1. If they get RDM'ed or VDM'ed they want to see the person permed and never to play again. 

2. Players that were wronged and just want to see some sort of justice and are fine with any type of punishment.

(My opinion)

To my understanding ,the stance we take is a reformative one. We want players to continue to play and enjoy Asylum and we understand people make some mistakes. This is why we introduced shorter bans. We understand that some sort of justice must be met, however, we want to make a punishment that is fair to both sides. If someone accidentally RDM's someone or VDM's and does not comp because they feel they were in the right, that is much different than someone blatantly mass RDMing or VDMing. Each report is taken on a case by case basis. If you do find yourself banned, come in the TS to speak with the banning admin. So far, I have been support staff for roughly a month now and in every case I have seen, if you come in with a calm attitude and take responsibility for what you did, then your ban will most likely be reduced. The reason we reduce these bans is because players admit to their own mistake and we can move forward and hope they learn from it. We do keep track and realize if someone is abusing that. I can tell you from being here for almost 4 years that the old banning system does not work either. We eventually get too many people being permed for RDM and VDM and then we find ourselves in the same situation as when Clint and Bada took over. We have to mass unban to fill the servers. We do not want to have to Perm for RDM or VDM, but again its on a case by case basis. Hope this helps!

DreamC, Disco Biscuits and Maaqs like this
7 hours ago, Leady said:

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here? If you have a body bag clearly someone was in custody and if you were directly involved then yes you can report them.

Ohh I got you had to read the 5th time haha thank you.

Good change. Thank you Leady. 

8 hours ago, •ÐŠ• Mason said:

. We want players to continue to play and enjoy Asylum and we understand people make some mistakes. This is why we introduced shorter bans. We understand that some sort of justice must be met, however, we want to make a punishment that is fair to both sides. 

I 100% agree with you. The way the system is now is more focused on punishment than reform. Many, many years ago, when I co-owned a successful Minecraft server network, we would never ban people without making sure they understand what they did was wrong and why they need to make sure it never happens again. It's pointless to endlessly ban people and increase ban times.

7 hours ago, justi said:

I 100% agree with you. The way the system is now is more focused on punishment than reform. Many, many years ago, when I co-owned a successful Minecraft server network, we would never ban people without making sure they understand what they did was wrong and why they need to make sure it never happens again. It's pointless to endlessly ban people and increase ban times.

From what I hear you are super report happy, so I am kinda confused.

cHIP oTLE, Tyler, Innate and 4 others like this
7 hours ago, Romulus said:

From what I hear you are super report happy, so I am kinda confused.

My last report was over a week ago, does that come off as someone who is 'report happy'? Shouldn't really make a difference to you anyways. I'll be sure to private my future videos, should the need arrive that I need to upload more..

7 hours ago, justi said:

My last report was over a week ago, does that come off as someone who is 'report happy'? Shouldn't really make a difference to you anyways. I'll be sure to private my future videos, should the need arrive that I need to upload more..

That is probably a good idea.  No idea why you did not do that in the first place.

Samuel likes this
16 hours ago, justi said:

You're an absolute loser Justi, deadset 

Scott, Brotherdave, Kawaii and 12 others like this
16 hours ago, justi said:

If you have a youtube channel for reporting the amount of stupid shit that this squeezer reports, you deserve to be banned.  This is one of the fundamental problems with Asylum's community.  The community has a bunch of these squeezoids running around getting off on creating player reports.  The Community managers need to come up with a system to deter excessive player reports and punishment for player reports that are a waste of time to watch.  Example, you report someone for RDM, it isn't RDM, the person who created the report gets banned for half the time.  

No one wants to play on a server with these types of player report hungry mongs.

Boris, HomeTrlx, TRYHARD and 10 others like this

I just watched some more of your most recent videos Justi. Do you not understand what fun is or just taking the L. You're just being an absolute mong that no one wants to be around. You remind me of some mong cop who said that some CL on him, the cunt was wanted for a VM, and he would not shut the fuck up about reporting him so I told him to swing in the wind and fuck off. or google and ORCHID, all I hear from them in sidechat or direct is saying they are going to report someone. That shit is just annoying.

We have an unwritten rule in Heavy Breathing, if you lose nothing of value or the guy isn't a mong, don't report. Even if we do lose something of value or the guy is a mong we most likely don't report just dome him until he quits and by the time our gaming session ends, we've had enough time to not even care about the shitty report. Hardin the fuck up and play the game, someone RDM's, RDM them back, it means they don't record and if they do their footage is useless. The funniest times I've had on asylum is not following the rules and that is because some rules are stupid also some people believe they are immune because a rule exists, they get so mad. The number of times I've flipped someone's car to the moon right in front of them or passengered seated people on my time on asylum is ridiculous. A decent amount of those times were not on Civ. But people still manage to have fun. If it was something I felt bad for doing I would comp them a hefty amount and the jews of asylum are just as bad, they suck all the fun out. I had a guy turn himself in and asked to go straight to jail, I gave him a pardon of 120K because some jew was just waiting within the radius for the money. I told the civ why and we both laughed and had fun. 

TL;DR, Justi a mong, just have fun

Scott, Kawaii, Big Bird and 6 others like this

I don't really care what any of you think really.

Who are the real squeezers here? The people wanting someone 'gone' for absolutely nothing. You all need a wake-up call. More than half of those videos are IA reports, compensation requests and backup videos to protect myself from false bans. Don't worry, I'll make sure you can't find a single video I've made moving foward. Sorry for spamming this thread Leady, people can't seem to respect eachother these days. 

8 hours ago, justi said:

I don't really care what any of you think really.

Who are the real squeezers here? The people wanting someone 'gone' for absolutely nothing. You all need a wake-up call. More than half of those videos are IA reports, compensation requests and backup videos to protect myself from false bans. Don't worry, I'll make sure you can't find a single video I've made moving foward. Sorry for spamming this thread Leady, people can't seem to respect eachother these days. 

Are you not the one who report people for the most ridiculous reasons ever, just look at your youtube channel. We don't want anyone gone forever but if someone keeps breaking the same rule time after time after time, then they need a much more harsh punishment. Besides nowadays you can get away with accidental VDM/RDM so easily which I like, I have been rdmed/VDMed so many times but as long as they offer to comp me, I just let it go without taking money from them. Who gives a fuck. We all do mistakes but when people keep doing it over and over and over without even offering to comp you or anything then screw them, that's the only type of people I report and people like you who baits others into ''breaking'' rules. 

YOU should be banned for stuff like this, honestly not the cop you're reporting. 

Oh same spot again with the same offroad.. 

Edited by Dull
8 hours ago, Dull said:

Are you not the one who report people for the most ridiculous reasons ever, just look at your youtube channel. We don't want anyone gone forever but if someone keeps breaking the same rule time after time after time, then they need a much more harsh punishment. Besides nowadays you can get away with accidental VDM/RDM so easily which I like, I have been rdmed/VDMed so many times but as long as they offer to comp me, I just let it go without taking money from them. Who gives a fuck. We all do mistakes but when people keep doing it over and over and over without even offering to comp you or anything then screw them, that's the only type of people I report and people like you. 

YOU should be banned for stuff like this, honestly, not the cop you're reporting. 

exactly he should be... the guide book states that if a civilians vehicle is blocking a entrance/road etc etc a officer may get in the vehicle and move it.. maybe the officer should of asked him to move it first but we dont know how many times this squeezer has blocked the gate.. maybe he had already asked him and just wanted to leave. TBH i would of initiated, downed him and charged him with disobeying tbh

a61325d23ef5ff738c691594c68c25a8.png

Edited by Crossfade
HomeTrlx likes this

So, I understand the rule change, but what I would ask is if there would be an exception for people passenger seating. There is no name, and more often than not it is from an angle where you wouldn't get the name in a video and usually a friend or something has a clear view of what is going on with names and everything. Is that something we can still submit or do we have to just deal with it? 

On 2/24/2019 at 8:38 AM, justi said:

17 hours ago, Samuel said:

I just watched some more of your most recent videos Justi. Do you not understand what fun is or just taking the L. You're just being an absolute mong that no one wants to be around. You remind me of some mong cop who said that some CL on him, the cunt was wanted for a VM, and he would not shut the fuck up about reporting him so I told him to swing in the wind and fuck off. or google and ORCHID, all I hear from them in sidechat or direct is saying they are going to report someone. That shit is just annoying.

We have an unwritten rule in Heavy Breathing, if you lose nothing of value or the guy isn't a mong, don't report. Even if we do lose something of value or the guy is a mong we most likely don't report just dome him until he quits and by the time our gaming session ends, we've had enough time to not even care about the shitty report. Hardin the fuck up and play the game, someone RDM's, RDM them back, it means they don't record and if they do their footage is useless. The funniest times I've had on asylum is not following the rules and that is because some rules are stupid also some people believe they are immune because a rule exists, they get so mad. The number of times I've flipped someone's car to the moon right in front of them or passengered seated people on my time on asylum is ridiculous. A decent amount of those times were not on Civ. But people still manage to have fun. If it was something I felt bad for doing I would comp them a hefty amount and the jews of asylum are just as bad, they suck all the fun out. I had a guy turn himself in and asked to go straight to jail, I gave him a pardon of 120K because some jew was just waiting within the radius for the money. I told the civ why and we both laughed and had fun. 

TL;DR, Justi a mong, just have fun

I love sitting here and watching a whiner get roasted, it's awesome.

Good job with the changes, we need legit reports. Not people getting mad over petty shit.

Edit: Also I love how the videos vanish after being called out lul

Edited by Phil | OG