What is a good processor for arma?

DeSt

Currently rocking an amd fx 8350 with 8 gb of ram clock speed of 1333. My cpu is being bottle necked because when I upgraded from a fx 4300 I never upgraded the ram so there is a clear bottleneck. Either way I'm planning on an upgrade soon and I was wondering on what processor I should get. Intel is a little bit expensive but better due to single threaded performance compared to the latter. Any tips or advice? 

Ps: I'm really eyeing up the ryzen 2600x but I just want to know if anyone else has better suggestions.

4 minutes ago, Boby said:

Not Amd. please

I know AMD is not the best but I really don't want to purchase an aftermarket cooler and the intel ones are pretty trash thats why AMD is good plus the ryzen variety offer better single threaded performance than older models. Anyway what would you recommend?

19 minutes ago, DeSt 2.0 said:

I know AMD is not the best but I really don't want to purchase an aftermarket cooler and the intel ones are pretty trash thats why AMD is good plus the ryzen variety offer better single threaded performance than older models. Anyway what would you recommend?

honestly the intel coolers arent bad, im using a stock cooler because my H100i v2 died and it works well enough if i dont overclock it.

4 minutes ago, william said:

on an i5 6600k and a 1060 16gb ram i get solid 70-80 fps outside towns and about 45-50 in towns compared to my AMD cpu i used to get 15fps.

Was the amd you were using amd fx series by any chance? I'm probably going to get intel now but I'm kind of intimidated by those massive cpu coolers cause they seem hard to install.

Just now, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

honestly the intel coolers arent bad, im using a stock cooler because my H100i v2 died and it works well enough if i dont overclock it.

The only complaint I've heard is that they are extremely loud, I honestly don't mind it too much because my current fan is extremely loud and temps aren't an issue that much cause I'm not planning on doing any OC.

1 minute ago, DeSt 2.0 said:

Was the amd you were using amd fx series by any chance? I'm probably going to get intel now but I'm kind of intimidated by those massive cpu coolers cause they seem hard to install.

i have an Evo212 cooler on my 6600k, simple to install and never had a problem with it.

On 2/27/2019 at 1:56 AM, DeSt 2.0 said:

Currently rocking an amd fx 8350 with 8 gb of ram clock speed of 1333. My cpu is being bottle necked because when I upgraded from a fx 4300 I never upgraded the ram so there is a clear bottleneck. Either way I'm planning on an upgrade soon and I was wondering on what processor I should get. Intel is a little bit expensive but better due to single threaded performance compared to the latter. Any tips or advice? 

Ps: I'm really eyeing up the ryzen 2600x but I just want to know if anyone else has better suggestions.

The ryzens are actually insane. I have the 1700x. This was one of the first ryzens released +- 2 years ago. Good budget high performance cpus. I run 50 +- FPS citys, idk outside citys capped at 60.

Would really recommend ryzens. People who say don't buy ryzens cause it's AMD are just Intel fanboys sad that AMD released processors which fucked every Intel in that price range. Intel got some competition in processors, good for everyone. 

Edited by wollie35
11 hours ago, wollie35 said:

The ryzens are actually insane. I have the 1700x. This was one of the first ryzens released +- 2 years ago. Good budget high performance cpus. I run 50 +- FPS citys, idk outside citys capped at 60.

Would really recommend ryzens. People who say don't buy ryzens cause it's AMD are just Intel fanboys sad that AMD released processors which fucked every Intel in that price range. Intel got some competition in processors, good for everyone. 

Im really eyeing up the 2600x right now and Im gonna upgrade my pc soon. I def need to my build is an amd fx 8350 with 8 gb of ram, gtx 950 and 2 tbs harddrive storage. might get an ssd just for arma 3.

3 hours ago, DeSt 2.0 said:

Im really eyeing up the 2600x right now and Im gonna upgrade my pc soon. I def need to my build is an amd fx 8350 with 8 gb of ram, gtx 950 and 2 tbs harddrive storage. might get an ssd just for arma 3.

get the ryzen, price performance wise they are very good cpu's