A few things.

Hello all,

In regards to the gang activity question....

Moving on to your first post. The issue was not with the question you were asking and the general inquiry that you presented. Reading through the post, I found that the issue was within the responses that some people provided. I too agree that our player base is in a bit of a dip right now. I could site many times that we have gone through this and provide some data to back it up. But I truly don't believe that this will help to address your concerns. 

Moving on. 

A point that a few people pointed out the "Stellar issue". Since you are not aware, I'll get you up to speed there. A while ago, we implemented a donation reward system that allowed the community to donate towards a common goal that benefited everyone. This was a great system and there are a lot of great incentives within. However, there are people within the community that decided to knowingly abuse and exploit the rewards that this provided for their un-natural personal gain. This was a huge disappointment to everyone on the administration team due to the scale of people doing it. Not to mention, many of these people that exploited the system, admins were familiar with and from time to time played with. When we started to uncover the actions at hand, we placed bans on peoples accounts and reset them. A long-standing common practice for Asylum. We take duping violations seriously due to the ability for illegitimate players to ruin the experience of players who work hard to grind their cash. Think about the repercussions of a player with 1,000,000 dollars in their account. If they had to work to earn that cash, they are going to be wise with how they spend it. If you have a player with the same amount of cash who exploited the system to gain it, they are not going to care how they spend it as they can just get it back in a very short amount of time. This lack of care can cause any person to be reckless. That's the biggest reason we have a firm and harsh stance on it, we want to look for your gameplay.  Their gang thread was hidden due to the continued messages about moving servers. That's fine, it's their choice and I personally won't beg anyone to stay. Especially when they're leaving because they are upset they made the decision to exploit a system and are now being held accountable.  We will not give people a platform to advertise moving to any other community. If that's their desire, then they may do so. 

Moving on to the mentioned "Poor Administrative Decisions"

In my time here on the team of staff, I have never found any person that was banned by an admin to be thrilled about being banned. There are roughly 6 people that I can recall to ever take accountability for their actions when being held accountable by any staff member.  We have guidelines in place that the admins operate within. You have @Leady  and I to contact if you believe you have been wronged. We always advocate you to contact the admin in question before contacting us again. Often times, once a line of communication is opened, they often find a middle ground. With that being said, often people here on the internet would rather sound like a jackwagon to get a sound clip to look cool in front of their internet friends. Many players straight our disrespect staff when speaking with them, and in turn, completely reduce their chances of getting any further help on that issue. Plain and simple, when you find yourself in that situation, take accountability for what you have done, learn from it and move on. It's the best advice I can give to anyone.  

Server performance issues

I understand that everyone is terribly irritated with the server performance issues. This is the number one priority that everyone that has the capacity to fix, is working on. Often, post about this issue is a bit tongue in cheek. The server owners are more bothered by this than anyone else here. It's their company and it's a direct representation. They truly are working their hardest to make the most ground that they can. There are millions of areas within the code that could be causing these issues. We recently moved to a new host provider to help diagnose these issues. I can confidently say that we have seen some improvement from this move, we see less server restarted needed manually each day than we did before. This coupled with the ton of changes to the mission file. However, I do understand that the end user does not always see these changes, and that has to be extremely frustrating. As you can see in many of my posts, I am always grateful for the amount of support we get from our players. We all realize it's your decision to be here, and we are grateful that each and every one of you. Without you, we would have nothing. We owe our absolute best to every member to provide the best experience we can. Sadly, there is no easy button. We are truly confident that we are doing the absolute best that we can with some of the greatest people out there. 

Censoring content

This has always seemed to be a push button topic. I personally do not have a hard time responding to legitimate questions, but I often don't get the chance before it's turned into a witch hunt. So to create a better line of communication and to provide an area for these questions and answers to be heard by everyone. I will create a Q&A section. In this section, any member can ask a question and either Leady, Badabing, Clint and I will be able to respond to it. Be advised that the questions will not show at first and must be approved to weed out the people who are just doing it for the memes. However, just because it's a hard question to answer, doesn't mean that we won't. There will be further guidelines and details released on this soon. 

As always, my inbox is open for anyone to contact if they have general questions and concerns. I often have great conversations with people who take it seriously. 

Hope this helped,

Mitch

Walt, Scott, bC420 and 31 others like this
11 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

we see less server restarted needed manually each day than we did before.

Yeah of course when you're only averaging 20 - 30 people on all of the servers throughout most of the day..

Once the servers hit around 50-60 + , then 90% of the time the server de-syncs and then locks.

Edited by JoeDa
1 minute ago, JoeDa said:

Yeah of course when you're only averaging 20 - 30 people on all of the servers throughout most of the day..

see, this is the type of shit that I'm talking about. I try to give you the info that I have. And it's not good enough or there is some bullshit response. I'm just telling you what we see. And I can assure you, we had the same amount of players on prior and still experienced issues. But you wouldn't know that, right?

Crossfade, Quenton, Walt and 15 others like this
12 minutes ago, JoeDa said:

Once the servers hit around 50-60 + , then 90% of the time the server de-syncs and then locks.

10 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

see, this is the type of shit that I'm talking about. I try to give you the info that I have. And it's not good enough or there is some bullshit response. I'm just telling you what we see. And I can assure you, we had the same amount of players on prior and still experienced issues. But you wouldn't know that, right?

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, JoeDa said:

Not exactly accurate data.  May be personal experience or hive-mind in general - anyway,

We could have 85/85 server right when the server starts and we wont see an issue until we get about 20-30min to reboot..  

It isn't a player count thing - its an over period of time problem

Wiping someone that has over 7 mil just because they made 500k off of adren shots shouldn't be wiped, not reasonable at all. Any person with logical thinking wouldn't wipe them, but they did break a rule but shouldn't be punished that bad. But people that exploited the market with 50cals that made 800k/10mins with tons of infamy didn't get wiped, kind of ironic. And I know for sure, we didn't go out on a shopping spree and went out and bought whatever we wanted, just bought a few loadouts. I'm not sure about everyone else that did it. Also, I got banned from discord for posting a picture of someone on a toilet and banned from teamspeak from playing a bbgreg17 minecraft tutorial soundboard. 

Just now, Maric said:

Why would you start off with such a retarded statement? You need to sprinkle those in so they aren't as obvious.

Big agree first say 

4 minutes ago, Marzoh said:

people that exploited the market with 50cals that made 800k/10mins with tons of infamy didn't get wiped

Then add your part makes it sound like nothing 

... likes this
10 minutes ago, Marzoh said:

Wiping someone that has over 7 mil just because they made 500k off of adren shots shouldn't be wiped, not reasonable at all. Any person with logical thinking wouldn't wipe them, but they did break a rule but shouldn't be punished that bad. But people that exploited the market with 50cals that made 800k/10mins with tons of infamy didn't get wiped, kind of ironic. And I know for sure, we didn't go out on a shopping spree and went out and bought whatever we wanted, just bought a few loadouts. I'm not sure about everyone else that did it. Also, I got banned from discord for posting a picture of someone on a toilet and banned from teamspeak from playing a bbgreg17 minecraft tutorial soundboard. 

If they knew what they were doing, they deserve that shit.

15 minutes ago, Marzoh said:

50252a65a0dd425f9524cccc7b7ea078.jpg

Noble, Big Fred, Tony and 4 others like this

You want to focus on server performance, i get it and no one blames you. But a lot of the changes the community ask's for could be done by contributors or take minimal time from the devs. 

When Bada and Clint got owner most of us thought the community would finally be heard. But it seems as though its back to the time when bamf was at the helm. He only ever listened when the forums were drowning in posts shitting on the server. We only got what we wanted when it seemed the community was about to crumble. Nothing different here. 

Ive made countless posts that get immense community feedback and almost nothing to show for it from the dev end. Removing the caps and unbanning players was a step. 

Some changes I would like to see

• Community Manager changed to Head Admin. Mitch and Leady are great admins but neither have the capacity to know exactly what the community wants. 
  • Add civ reps or something like it. And an effective way for the reps to speak with the owners/devs. 
  • Get Jesse/Henry to spend 30% of their time working with contributors to make some actual content. 
Goofi, devman115, Squirtle and 4 others like this
45 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

how is that a bullshit response? every time we get on to do anything server crashes unless there is only 8 people on the server. ofc he wouldnt know if the server used to crash when there was nobody on cause there is no point logging on then.

i dont understand how you say you are seeing an improvement on crashes when there hasnt been any paches? i played after last patch , and its the same shit if not worst

the servers are dead beause people realized they are wasting their time, since every time you fight cops you get pushed while the server is lagging and if you are dum enough to not alt f4 instantlly you get restrained and ur in jail when the server comes back up. BUT YOU WOULDNT KNOW THAT RIGHT? you dont even play the server...all you do is look at stats.

i dont even know why im typing all this shit, its as big of a time waster as playing asylum...

7 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

But a lot of the changes the community ask's for could be done by contributors

Ive made countless posts that get immense community feedback and almost nothing to show for it from the dev end

There's a reason for that, buuuut I'm not gonna go there.