A few things.

Just now, Google™ said:

Mod queue? What are you on about? I never even mentioned anything about being modqeueued at all... what?

Apologies - i was assuming censorship meant modqueue to you.

Most posts were being censored because it got to a point of pointing fingers at the administrative team for a collective decision that was done by the entire staff, not just them, to ban/wipe other players.  That shouldnt be discussed outside of a ban appeal.  That has ALWAYS been the case.

Google™ likes this
2 minutes ago, Google™ said:

Censorship is at an all time high right now. Whenever Badabing and Clint took over people thought we were going to be seeing better days. But boy were we wrong. I call out a developer and I'm instantly silenced and contacted with a threatening message saying something along the lines of be quiet or else you'll be permed again.

You're probably one of the most annoying members of this community, i don't blame their behaviour towards you. I think Bada and Clint are just very direct and don't stick to "policy" but act as tyrants towards little kiddo's who just want attention on here. However they have heart for the community and put in the work to make it better. I'm sure you got some response comparable to "REEEEEE" ready for me. 

Slick, Maaqs, Akeelagi and 2 others like this
4 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

You're probably one of the most annoying members of this community, i don't blame their behaviour towards you. I think Bada and Clint are just very direct and don't stick to "policy" but act as tyrants towards little kiddo's who just want attention on here. However they have heart for the community and put in the work to make it better. I'm sure you got some response comparable to "REEEEEE" ready for me. 

I agree Bada & Clint appear to be putting in work towards the server for the better. The only problem I've had since this change in ownership is I was mod queued for posting a photo of a Gnashes Discord Bot calculator. I can understand how that's not acceptable and that's why I was mod queued, I'm not here to argue for my mod queue at all... I'm talking about censorship in regards to I saw White make a post about Server Performance and within an hour it was gone. I feel like if staff remove a post that's not obviously going to get removed (IE a post about performance) they should inform the individual of why it was removed, just helps to make things more transparent. Of course someone making a post calling people racial slurs wouldn't really need a reason provided to them immediately with a message.

I also don't see why you're calling me "annoying" when I've done nothing to you. When I'm trying to point out actual flaws that I feel legitimately exist within the community and people like you respond with you're "annoying" and etc. it's not very helpful to the conversation so it's typically better off just not talking, if you don't have anything to say to contribute to the conversation.

Edited by Google™
bigjohn561 likes this
1 hour ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

We've had people banned for 7 days after being away for 3 years by admins who have just returned and when they appeal its straight denied, no middle ground and if they try again theyre threatened with a perm or extended ban, the end. Administrative poor decisions is a understatement if you ask me. Yeah theirs a couple people who just get banned and say fuck it, and we know and they know what they're doing so its no worth perusing any further but when someone who has kept there head down and hasnt caused issues does, its a bit of a problem imo. The whole way you approach bans has to be set in stone and not based on how that particular admin feels towards that person or group of persons. Too many bans are based off admins personal feelings towards people and its another downfall right now, i could name more than a handful of admins who i 100% know have done this but i wont for obvious reason. 

P.s This has nothing to do with posts made earlier or anything, im only awake so havent got a fucking clue what any other posts are about removing threads etc. Just replying to this for it being the first mention of it ive seen.

Mitch hasn't replied so id like to get you're input @Clint Beastwood. This was just an example and its over and done with now but the principle still stands, just wanna get your take on it. Im sure you know this shit happens and some measures need to be made.

Google™ and bigjohn561 like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Mitch hasn't replied so id like to get you're input @Clint Beastwood. This was just an example and its over and done with now but the principle still stands, just wanna get your take on it. Im sure you know this shit happens and some measures need to be made.

People shouldn't get wiped their entire bank account and perm'd for duping. It's typically the job of the programmer (scripter in this case) to prevent those type of exploits.

Just an opinion ^

2 patch notes in the last 2 months, from what I can see from them, the only thing you could say is any real new content other than balances is the new prison. 

a2051051f52748b8fe6f328be711614f.png

Suggestions almost always lead to nothing. 

d1697dc95d95cd6b7b2febaef320c510.png

6eb85f87061a775c3b744452eaa3b355.png

380203811dc83757194167b67565c492.png

e62f7015940da53ae8896325042fa690.png

These are the only replies that could potentially lead to anything from the first page of suggestions, I'm sure the further back I went the more evidence of this I would find, for months, we have had comments saying "being considered for the future" and we never see anything come of it. I understand your response to this is "we're focused on server performance", but it's not been fixed in months, so I don't see a solution coming any time soon. The fact the servers are dead right now is not simply due to server performance. 

Good Lub, Tyrese, Marzoh and 1 other like this
2 minutes ago, Joshhh said:

2 patch notes in the last 2 months, from what I can see from them, the only thing you could say is any real new content other than balances is the new prison. 

These are the only replies that could potentially lead to anything from the first page of suggestions, I'm sure the further back I went the more evidence of this I would find, for months, we have had comments saying "being considered for the future" and we never see anything come of it. I understand your response to this is "we're focused on server performance", but it's not been fixed in months, so I don't see a solution coming any time soon. The fact the servers are dead right now is not simply due to server performance. 

back from the dead are we you disappeared all week you midland paki cunt

Masonn likes this

From what I got from @Mitch (IFRIT) the one time is that contributor can make no more content until server performance is fixed which I can Agree with but people like @Erik sits there and corrects code to work as it should.

And in terms of deleting posts such as people asking about gang life  and why it's dead it makes no sense yes I know posts such as mine mentioned Olympus and it's benefits over asylum.  But to delete a entire genuine post about gang life is stupid aswell as doing it with no explanation to the creator is stupid. I would have no issue with someone messaging me saying I've modified your post because so and so. But deleting a entire post is poor community management and just causes further issues as seen today and with stellar.

I’m not sure what this is about, I don’t pay much attention to the forums to know.

As much as I see that there are people who want to leave or whatever, but I also see a steady base, myself included that are willing to stick around with confidence in the future.

I look forward to seeing what comes out of y’alls work.

Best  Wishes

Fitz

Edited by P.FitzWallace
Maaqs and Fried Rice like this
5 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

There's community managers for this reason.  If the community member feels the ban is unwarranted they can approach them to find common ground with the admin or if it goes to that length it can go to us for finding a solution.  This is easily handled by chain of command.

4 hours ago, Joshhh said:

Grand Scheme of things.

In 2 months we have 3 patches, fairly large patches..

In 2 months we added 5 (Katiba GL, ADR-97,MXSW, MXGL, Type 115) new weapons.

In 2 months we moved to a new host with 4 new servers.

In 2 months we migrated our DB and web server.

In 2 months we went from immediately crashing at anything over 60 people to being able to stay up for 4+ hours with 80+.

In 2 months we went from having 3 restarts a day per server from restarting every 2 hours.

1 minute ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Grand Scheme of things.

In 2 months we have 3 patches, fairly large patches..

In 2 months we added 5 (Katiba GL, ADR-97,MXSW, MXGL, Type 115) new weapons.

In 2 months we moved to a new host with 4 new servers.

In 2 months we migrated our DB and web server.

In 2 months we went from immediately crashing at anything over 60 people to being able to stay up for 4+ hours with 80+.

In 2 months we went from having 3 restarts a day per server from restarting every 2 hours.

residentsleeper.png

I mean deleting post and some of the censorship is nonsense but if you dupe you're gonna get wiped.  And I'm going to assume that some of the people who got banned for duping recently also got banned for the black market exploit and maybe even didn't even get a harsh punishment, you should've know that when you do that shit you will be caught eventually lol.

Kawaii and Clint Beastwood like this
7 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

We've had people banned for 7 days after being away for 3 years by admins who have just returned and when they appeal its straight denied, no middle ground and if they try again theyre threatened with a perm or extended ban, the end. Administrative poor decisions is a understatement if you ask me. Yeah theirs a couple people who just get banned and say fuck it, and we know and they know what they're doing so its no worth perusing any further but when someone who has kept there head down and hasnt caused issues does, its a bit of a problem imo. The whole way you approach bans has to be set in stone and not based on how that particular admin feels towards that person or group of persons. Too many bans are based off admins personal feelings towards people and its another downfall right now, i could name more than a handful of admins who i 100% know have done this but i wont for obvious reason. 

9 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

see, this is the type of shit that I'm talking about. I try to give you the info that I have. And it's not good enough or there is some bullshit response. I'm just telling you what we see. And I can assure you, we had the same amount of players on prior and still experienced issues. But you wouldn't know that, right?

Nah when the severs 2 months ago were 20 players they ALSO didn’t crash ahaha

only crashed when 50-60+ actually and I know this because.....I PLAY THE SERVERS

Clint even says this in the above bullet points he listed

Edited by kryptonthegamer
Google™ likes this
9 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

see, this is the type of shit that I'm talking about. I try to give you the info that I have. And it's not good enough or there is some bullshit response. I'm just telling you what we see. And I can assure you, we had the same amount of players on prior and still experienced issues. But you wouldn't know that, right?

37 minutes ago, kryptonthegamer said:

Nah when the severs 2 months ago were 20 players they ALSO didn’t crash ahaha

only crashed when 50-60+ actually and I know this because.....I PLAY THE SERVERS

Clint even says this in the above bullet points he listed

But they did crash at 20 players. There were many times when I would imagine Clint was just waking up and we were asking for him or bada or Jesse to kick the server.  I can recall many times when I would comp under 20 people because the server crashed. Like I said, same amount of players. My wording might of not made total sense to everyone in that response.  But Clint, you and I are basically saying the same thing here three different ways.

2 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

There's community managers for this reason.  If the community member feels the ban is unwarranted they can approach them to find common ground with the admin or if it goes to that length it can go to us for finding a solution.  This is easily handled by chain of command.

The person in this case reached out to the banning admin and was told appeal denied and if you have anymore questions speak to a CM, no common ground what soever was even mentioned. Went and spoke with a CM and that CM threatened to increase the ban or perm him if he asked about it again, where do you go from that? Cant get help if nobody is willing to help in the first places. Guy in question hadnt been banned in 3 years, only was back for 4-5 months of that and never had any run in with said admins/CM. The main point im trying to make is admins ban on personal feelings more times than any and it shouldnt be like that. If there is a set standard to ban someone, use it. Some dont. Ive been around long enough to know who does it and how much they do it and it should be combated.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
8 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

The person in this case reached out to the banning admin and was told appeal denied and if you have anymore questions speak to a CM. Went and spoke with a CM and that CM threatened to increase the ban or perm him if he asked about it again. Where do you go from that? Cant get help if nobody is willing to help in the first places. Guy question hadnt been banned in 3 years, only was back for 4-5 months of that and never had any run in with said admins/CM. The main point im trying to make is admins ban on person feelings more times than any and it shouldnt be like that. If there is a set standard to ban someone, use it. Some dont.

I have not played on these servers in a long time besides just logging in to see how the servers holding up. But this right here was going on back when I was playing a lot. Sadly it seems this has not changed at all (when it comes to the admins). 

I still like to come on the forums and read what people are posting to see what's going with the server that I "used" to love to come home from work and play on. 

I think we made a suggestion about the problems with the admins and it was never taken care of before also. Well have a good one, just wanted to drop my 2 cents worth in the pot.

Edited by bigjohn561
P.S i also agree on the ban/wipe being too harsh on people if it was not that hardcore. i mean 500k? and take 7mil? but hey it is "your" server so....
Xehons likes this
28 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

The person in this case reached out to the banning admin and was told appeal denied and if you have anymore questions speak to a CM, no common ground what soever was even mentioned. Went and spoke with a CM and that CM threatened to increase the ban or perm him if he asked about it again, where do you go from that? Cant get help if nobody is willing to help in the first places. Guy in question hadnt been banned in 3 years, only was back for 4-5 months of that and never had any run in with said admins/CM. The main point im trying to make is admins ban on personal feelings more times than any and it shouldnt be like that. If there is a set standard to ban someone, use it. Some dont. Ive been around long enough to know who does it and how much they do it and it should be combated.

Well there will be instances like this.  I'm sure I could ask and find out more.  Right now I'm not really in the mood for a witch hunt.  Without specifics I can't promise anything.  If you want to discuss further, if it means enough, I will look into it.  

1 hour ago, Xehons said:

Prime did the same thing but made MILLIONS and instead of getting banned and wiped they got unbanned instantly and kept the money and the infamy that greatly boosted them in fights but when stellar makes 500k from addrenaline shots its not ok and they get wiped? I don't think thats fair to anyone. 

They also reported it to us and it also was alot more than Prime...  like I said before if you want to know shit, ask, don't assume.  Because most of you guys don't know shit lol.

Russell* likes this
29 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Well there will be instances like this.  I'm sure I could ask and find out more.  Right now I'm not really in the mood for a witch hunt.  Without specifics I can't promise anything.  If you want to discuss further, if it means enough, I will look into it.  

The actual ban and shit was just an example of what happens like its done and dusted with now but it was an example of what happens. Not wanting you to look into that ban but just watch out for that shit in the future and make sure admins stick to a proper way of banning people and not letting personal feelings effect their bans because it happens more than you'd think and ive seen it with some admins in the past, some who are still admins some who aint anymore, WHILE they where banning someone.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
10 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

Get Jesse/Henry to spend 30% of their time working with contributors to make some actual content. 

If you didn't know... I am 25 and currently am being forced OT at my work. I work 12hr shifts normal and 10hr OT shifts. I have a dog I spoil and treat like a daughter basically, she goes everywhere I go except work. I'm not on some payroll here. If someone wants to pay my wages I'd normally make. I'll gladly quit my job and work on Asylum full-time.

I also don't spend much time on Asylum like I did working on Olympus. Some days I'd spend 10hrs+ working on Olympus. I didn't have a high energy puppy bothering me and waking me up at 7am everyday. Now i go to bed at 3am usually. For example its 1A now and I have to be up for work at 4:30A. A whole 3hrs 30 mins or so from now I'll be up to work 12hrs. I maybe spend 8hrs a week nowish on Asylum. Most of that recently has been moving servers. Fixing myasylum issues from the move. Fixing and upgrading the forums like 20 versions. Fixing 2 factor auth. Custom coding some IPS stuff for the support ticket system. On top of that like 4hrs helping find all the exploiters the other day which ruined what was going to be a long coding session. Shit like that. If i didn't have to spend a bunch of time figuring out how someone could lagswitch, abuse, exploit features and such; i could crank out tons of cool shit. However, like Google said, its the developers job to code it right. So yeah i spend about 30% of my time coding and ab ok ut 70% figuring out how to prevent exploits, dupes, lag switching for stuff that gets made since no one has self control.

I did not come here to teach people. I don't know what you expect me to exactly do with others around here? They can make content or ask to work on things. I made a comment on discord offering to help if anyone had questions or needed stuff to work on. I got two very quick easy questions and that was that. If everyone would offer help to work towards the stuff we need to get done currently things would be moving along faster. Also, there is people who barely, if at all show their face. Hard to spend 30% of your time with those who are ghosts anyways. 

Roice, Maaqs, LITTLE HANOI and 18 others like this