APD rule changes and updates*

1) Speeding tickets should be worth more. As a traffic cop 2$ tickets are a joke to civ's, and they do not help obtain probable cause in anyway. I ticket someone with 4 accounts of speeding- they pay their ticket and say "watch this" and do it again. (120$ per charge?)

2) If I turn on my emergency lights on at night or anywhere where its noticeable civ's should have to stop (In traffic situations). Siring initiates which can initiate on an entire town which is stupid. On the highway just lighting people up should be the only thing we need to pull them over. If they fail to do so charge them with failure to stop. its not evading because we aren't initiated. (same way we charge failure to stop for going around a check point. (AKA id like to rp pulling someone over without them stooping and jumping out immediately shooting me)

3) Having to waste talents on buying cars is a waste of a point in my opinion. We should just be able to buy regular cars without talents. Helis or advanced vehicles yes. but a hatchback sport no. (I know you can buy them and unlearn the talent after but that's a hassle for no reason)

4) Cadets should be able to see the charge list so when they promote to constable its not such a huge surprise... I've had so  many first day constables reach out to me asking how to charge people because they've never seen the platform before. (They shouldn't be able to charge tho just see how it works) 

5) Backpacks- a small viper pack or something should be available to all ranks. There isn't enough storage space to hold some of the necessary equipment in a vest and shirt. Something that could carry a few extra mags or medic would be very beneficial.

6) Cops could maybe lock the main gates at hq's for safety purposes which could be cut open like they do at fed. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These are just some floater thoughts I've had. Let me know what yall think!

@Samperino

@HomeUser

Edited by abelinkin500
forgot price recommendation for speeding
Disco Biscuits likes this
7 minutes ago, abelinkin500 said:

1) Speeding tickets should be worth more. As a traffic cop 2$ tickets are a joke to civ's, and they do not help obtain probable cause in anyway. I ticket someone with 4 accounts of speeding- they pay their ticket and say "watch this" and do it again. (120$ per charge?)

Personally think speeding should be 1k because It would be quite interesting civs trying to explain their speeding charge (not 1k at checkpoints though)

2) If I turn on my emergency lights on at night or anywhere where its noticeable civ's should have to stop (In traffic situations). Siring initiates which can initiate on an entire town which is stupid. On the highway just lighting people up should be the only thing we need to pull them over. If they fail to do so charge them with failure to stop. its not evading because we aren't initiated. (same way we charge failure to stop for going around a check point. (AKA id like to rp pulling someone over without them stooping and jumping out immediately shooting me)

I just usually do a quick siren and if they don't pull over i will give them a real siren and go from there

3) Having to waste talents on buying cars is a waste of a point in my opinion. We should just be able to buy regular cars without talents. Helis or advanced vehicles yes. but a hatchback sport no. (I know you can buy them and unlearn the talent after but that's a hassle for no reason)

hatchback sport is the fastest ground vehicle in the game, it needs a talent.

4) Cadets should be able to see the charge list so when they promote to constable its not such a huge surprise... I've had so  many first day constables reach out to me asking how to charge people because they've never seen the platform before. (They shouldn't be able to charge tho just see how it works) 

Not a bad idea i guess but surely it would be easier for someone to make a video explaining it, I could do that to be fair. @Samperino

5) Backpacks- a small viper pack or something should be available to all ranks. There isn't enough storage space to hold some of the necessary equipment in a vest and shirt. Something that could carry a few extra mags or medic would be very beneficial.

I never had an issue storing everything i need in my clothing and vest, 2 FAKS, 7 tracer mags and 3 lethal mags

6) Cops could maybe lock the main gates at hq's for safety purposes which could be cut open like they do at fed. 

Wouldn't really be fair on civs

Maaqs, Kille and Russell* like this

Inventory - If you need more space for ammo and other items then you're horrible at inventory management. I can carry 10 mags, 2 flashbangs and smokes if I wanted to. I take 4 bloodbags, 4 painkillers, 1 defib, 4 Adrenaline Shots and 1 splint. I can still carry 8 Water, 9 Bacon, 6 Donuts, 6 coffee, 7 redgulls, and 11 salt water (for people being extremely salty, haven't had anyone like that yet) And I still have storage space left over because that's around 11 slots I have leftover if I get rid of the unnecessary Salt Water. We get the storage space of a Civilian with what I'm guessing would be a Field Pack? AKA 90 slots.

Talents - Just stock up on cars, then unlearn the talent. Or do what others do and keep relocating. Otherwise what's the whole point of the talent system if you just change it to have everything you need?

Speeding - None of the cops ever pull anyone over for speeding anyway. And if they do it's most likely someone they know or they're EXTREMELY bored since nothing is going on or the server population is low at the time.

Gates - Just keep someone at the gate, and charge them with manipulation of Police Checkpoint gates since it's the same thing. And give Disobeying and order from an officer if it bothers you that much. If they gate your car, (and you or another witnessing offcer and the guy survive) give them destruction of property.

Sirens - Like he said, a quick siren is all you need. If they're wanted for a high price of course they're going to shoot back. Besides, I rarely get shot at by someone randomly because they heard me siren someone across the city.

Edited by Kitsune Neko
Exact amount added.

I mean having more inventory is nice. The extra space pilot covs makes is a cool thing. 

I don't think speeding should be too large. Maybe more than it is. I've pulled people over for it to just talk to them. Would be nice if they were a little concerned about it for rp sake. 

The lights are meh cause then we would all have to remember to turn them off as well. 

59 minutes ago, abelinkin500 said:

I only have something to say about this one. When sergeants are promoting people to constable it only takes an extra 2 mins to go over what is new and how to use it, although it should be common sense too that add means add and remove means remove.

Edited by HomeUser
GravL likes this
36 minutes ago, abelinkin500 said:

This makes it sound like you're trying to get probable cause aka being money hungry. This isn't hyper-realism; people are going to speed 24/7 to get from point A to point B.  I think speeding literally everywhere is too common and would be an absolute hassle to try and RP with every single citizen that wants to drive somewhere.

2 - I like the idea, but at the same time, if I'm not looking behind me in the middle of the day, I will never see your lights unless you want to drive up beside me and risk a desync ram. At what time is it acceptable to use your emergency lights, and at what time will "semi-initiation" be deemed valid/invalid?

3- what @william said. 

4- Perhaps it's something that could be done/shown in a ridealong? Upon completion, that cadet now constable is shown the ticketing system and how it operates. What @HomeUser just said.

5- No. Constables aren't meant to have everything and them some at their disposal. You can absolutely fit all the required I inventory and Y inventory items if you're smart.

6 - No. Would be too overpowered when civs attempt to free their gang mates. Have a brain, not just 8 of you sitting inside a building processing 2 people.

Edited by Maaqs
16 minutes ago, HomeUser said:

I only have something to say about this one. When sergeants are promoting people to constable it only takes an extra 2 mins to go over what is new and how to use it, although it should be common sense too that add and remove means remove.

This ^^^

When I got promoted, the sergeant took me out and found someone, asked if we could use him to show me how the stuff works, and then we would pardon him. I charged him with a few things, saw how it all worked, and we pardoned him and he went on his way. 

Maaqs likes this

Coming from an old time Lieutenant it would be nice to see traffic offenses being enforced. I do think this has the same problem as why officers don't do checkpoints. This comes down to two things: everyone flying around in helicopters (rebels) or the shear speed of sport hatchbacks which the A.P.D. currently struggles to chase. Most police do not like to sit in one place for ANY length of time let alone sit at one of the checkpoints or spend the time to make one when you will maybe see one or two people.

Donald and WolfLeader like this

"6) Cops could maybe lock the main gates at hq's for safety purposes which could be cut open like they do at fed. "

Ehh Civs can get into hq no matter how doesn't matter if the gates are locked if or blocked by four cops three cars blocking the gate they always get in somehow, heli, chute, van over wall, etc 

But would be cool to see after processing after paid ticket civs would get teleported back to a city or outside of hq. 

4 hours ago, abelinkin500 said:

The only reason speeding tickets are there is to allow cops to pull people over randomly to see if they evade, so it helps them gain PC. If you wanted to make speeding tickets more than $2 then cops need to follow the speed limit too. It should really stay how it is the server would die so quickly when people are paying out the ass for fucking speeding tickets every 5 min.

5 hours ago, abelinkin500 said:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These are just some floater thoughts I've had. Let me know what yall think!

@Samperino

@HomeUser

Maybe we should increase the speed limit then to like 130 on the msr and 100 on the side roads. 

4 hours ago, ron the player said:

Please don't post your ideas on this forum.  you are one of the cops who just care about money and always robocoping after he gets killed .

I dont like any one of your ideas and i hope the higher ups and the devs don't like them too

For real: you rly stopping ppl just because they speeding? Because i wanna see you driving on 70kph all time cus i know you don't!!!

+ homeuser is a sgt, at this time he has no power to change anything.

( love you home)

I never robo cop anyone, nor am I money hungry WHICH IS WHY i am a TRAFFIC cop. I do check points with cadets all the time. I always stay as close to the speed limit as possible unless responding to a incident.