Jump to content

Close s2 and s3 during non peak times


Recommended Posts

Kinda pointless to log on when all 3 servers have between 13-20 people. I know that everyone wants to use their houses but the server could see a population boost if all 3 wernt so dead. None are near the top of population and anyone looking to play will stick to a different game until it picks up. 

Bamfs system was trash, just do something like s2 and s3 are only up from 3pm EST to 1am EST

987b324e0f460534bcd5a33470541cce.png

 

Would also help to prevent people from making millions while there are no cops on. Might bring a bit more action.

Mason Statham likes this
Link to post

As much as id love to see the servers at high pop again, the issue with this is what about the players that work odd hours and dont normally get to play during peak hours? or what about all the players that arent in the US? Are we supposed to limit all of their access to the servers just so we can have more one and done fights at OG?

Dreavey, Chow Mein, Vhasj and 9 others like this
Link to post
4 minutes ago, Donk said:

As much as id love to see the servers at high pop again, the issue with this is what about the players that work odd hours and dont normally get to play during peak hours? or what about all the players that arent in the US? Are we supposed to limit all of their access to the servers just so we can have more one and done fights at OG?

They would play s1? Not even to increase fights it’s  to increase overall interaction between players.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

They would play s1? Not even to increase fights it’s  to increase overall interaction between players.

People dont care what server they play on. There is 1 reason why this wont happen and thats houses. People are not gonna let the admins shut down the servers where they have their good meth/ scotch houses.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

They would play s1? Not even to increase fights it’s  to increase overall interaction between players.

Not everyone wants to play s1, like casper said, people wont want to play if they dont have access to houses.

Link to post

What about houses? I am fine playing on Server 3 when its packed or when its dead. I play random hours based on work and free time so being forced to go to one server isn't worth investing time or buying properties.

If population is an issue just remove #3 (although I think it is fine, all server - from my prospective - population for all servers tends to hover around the same player count with one having slightly more until a restart happens and then that player count shifts to one of the other servers server; rinse and repeat. Could call that the "transient" player base).

Personally I dont care to play on server #1 at all, sometimes #2 with #3 being best imo.

Put a lot of work into setting up my houses so at this point if they are removed or not available when ever I need them I would be done with "seriously" playing Altis life (as it would be the third time this happened for me).

Also - when are those screen caps from? East coast US times all three server typically have at least 30+ people on each.

IAmLegion, Huan Lee and Master27411 like this
Link to post

Would work to increase pop but pretty sure a lot will get extremely butthurt about APD slots along with houses. 

Don't see it happening at all since they've said from the beginning they don't wanna do this setup.

If I'm 100% honest I don't see asylum ever picking up again unless Olympus fucks something up, take a look at the last patch notes it's laughable.

Like I can't think of anything they can do rn that Olympus doesn't already offer.

 

Edited by Mason Statham
Link to post
1 minute ago, TRYHARD said:

I don’t understand why you all complain about not being able to use houses when the server would only be down during the times the server averages less than 15 people. Anything under 40 is boring anyway.

I just don't understand why people intend to continue making money, when you can go hours on end without seeing one person on a 15 player server. Altis Life has always been about interaction with other players, but when servers have less then 25 people what's the point of playing and making money on a near dead server.

Mason Statham, Scott and TRYHARD like this
Link to post
18 minutes ago, Walt said:

I just don't understand why people intend to continue making money, when you can go hours on end without seeing one person on a 15 player server. Altis Life has always been about interaction with other players, but when servers have less then 25 people what's the point of playing and making money on a near dead server.

Yep, all the big life servers do this to prevent people from being able to make millions risk free and to increase player interaction. Just off the top of my head Olympus, Reborn, and GTA all have multiple servers and shut down 1 during non peak times. 

 

but muh houses

Mason Statham, Walt and Sp0on like this
Link to post
4 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

Anything under 40 is boring anyway.

Yes, nitpicking here, but it might be boring for you, but there are clearly people it's not boring for (those logged in). If people want to spend their free time (let's say 8am EST -> 3pm EST) grinding out millions to then throw away once the server is poppin, who are we to say "that's wrong"? If I wanna pull an all-nighter grinding out money using my houses on Server 2/3 because I know my playtime in the near future is going to be limited, I should be able to no-life money-making for a night to be good for the next few days.

Sometimes a quiet server is nice, whether I'm grinding money or just messin around. 

Edited by Maaqs
Link to post
2 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

I don’t understand why you all complain about not being able to use houses when the server would only be down during the times the server averages less than 15 people. Anything under 40 is boring anyway.

theyre complaining because if they do this, they wont be able to grind money on a dead server in a money making group running into zero problems. most of the people cant shoot their gun straight anymore so i could see why theyre crying making money over people with 50 people on a server.

Link to post
On 3/29/2019 at 2:02 PM, Walt said:

I just don't understand why people intend to continue making money, when you can go hours on end without seeing one person on a 15 player server. Altis Life has always been about interaction with other players, but when servers have less then 25 people what's the point of playing and making money on a near dead server.

Some players cannot make money in a 80/85 server simply because gangs/other players take control of almost all gathering/process areas. A server with less player is their chance to get some money to then fight when server is full.

 

Link to post
16 minutes ago, SKC said:

Some players cannot make money in a 80/85 server simply because gangs/other players take control of almost all gathering/process areas. A server with less player is their chance to get some money to then fight when server is full.

 

Money making isnt meant to be easy? You arnt supposed to be able to run drugs uncontested. If you want to make risk free money you do the legal shit. 

Walt and Sp0on like this
Link to post
39 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

Money making isnt meant to be easy? You arnt supposed to be able to run drugs uncontested. If you want to make risk free money you do the legal shit. 

You should think about getting players to play. If someone try to get money but die all times, he will probably leave to play elsewhere, in a easier server probably. Also, you must consider about houses, what really affect the way people get money.

If you just want to shoot/fight to get money is better to play in a wasteland or koth server, not in a RP.

Link to post
2 hours ago, SKC said:

You should think about getting players to play. If someone try to get money but die all times, he will probably leave to play elsewhere, in a easier server probably. Also, you must consider about houses, what really affect the way people get money.

If you just want to shoot/fight to get money is better to play in a wasteland or koth server, not in a RP.

Money isn't an issue about getting people to play the server. This has never been an issue and the old three servers that were 100/100 are a pure example of it. The problem is that there isn't enough interactions between players to even be able to play the server properly. People solely don't play the server, because there is little to no action or interaction between players. Also let me be clear: this server is NOT an RP server a large part of this whole game mode is fighting cops and fighting against other rebels. The end goal of the game is to become one of the best cartel gangs on the server. So yes, fighting is one of the biggest parts of the server and your suppose to have to fight your way to profit from illegal activities. In conclusion player interaction: both action/ communication is needed to be properly facilitated to increase the player base. This starts by shutting down one server to increase player base on other the other two servers.

Edited by Walt
thero likes this
Link to post

Just like everyone else that has posted this idea, it is stupid. Asylum is a melting pot of different countries. Everyone plays at different times and if you limit down to p1, people will loose everything they have worked for in other precincts. Also what about precincted officers? Your essentially ensuring they don't meet the required hours.

 

Im assuming your a p1 kid too if you are posting this.

Edited by Max Shorefield
Link to post
54 minutes ago, Max Shorefield said:

Just like everyone else that has posted this idea, it is stupid. Asylum is a melting pot of different countries. Everyone plays at different times and if you limit down to p1, people will loose everything they have worked for in other precincts. Also what about precincted officers? Your essentially ensuring they don't meet the required hours.

 

Im assuming your a p1 kid too if you are posting this.

I play where theres people not where I can run meth the easiest 

Link to post
19 hours ago, Walt said:

.Also let me be clear: this server is NOT an RP server a large part of this whole game mode is fighting cops and fighting against other rebels. The end goal of the game is to become one of the best cartel gangs on the server

You're a good guy Walt, but this statement is just ridiculous. That may be YOUR end game, but being "the best cartel fighting gang on the server" is not reflective of the majority of the playerbase; not in the slightest IMO. You really think Gang Wars with 10(or was it 9?) total gangs is reflective of the entire Asylum community.

Drunk Squad is 4 going on 5 years old, and has never once put cartels first. There are career cops who have no interest in cartels, and when they do log on civ, it's just to mess around. There are gangs / groups that sit in Kavala all night long and cause havoc. "Elite cartel fighters" may be the most vocal on the forums, but they are in the minority in terms of numbers in this community. 

Edited by Maaqs
Link to post
22 hours ago, Maaqs said:

You're a good guy Walt, but this statement is just ridiculous. That may be YOUR end game, but being "the best cartel fighting gang on the server" is not reflective of the majority of the playerbase; not in the slightest IMO. You really think Gang Wars with 10(or was it 9?) total gangs is reflective of the entire Asylum community.

Drunk Squad is 4 going on 5 years old, and has never once put cartels first. There are career cops who have no interest in cartels, and when they do log on civ, it's just to mess around. There are gangs / groups that sit in Kavala all night long and cause havoc. "Elite cartel fighters" may be the most vocal on the forums, but they are in the minority in terms of numbers in this community. 

 Yeah sorry forgot to mention that faction. Specifically for the rebel faction though that's part of the end game. Regardless more needs to be done with the lack of player population soon before it's to late.

Link to post
On 4/1/2019 at 10:15 PM, Maaqs said:

You're a good guy Walt, but this statement is just ridiculous. That may be YOUR end game, but being "the best cartel fighting gang on the server" is not reflective of the majority of the playerbase; not in the slightest IMO. You really think Gang Wars with 10(or was it 9?) total gangs is reflective of the entire Asylum community.

Drunk Squad is 4 going on 5 years old, and has never once put cartels first. There are career cops who have no interest in cartels, and when they do log on civ, it's just to mess around. There are gangs / groups that sit in Kavala all night long and cause havoc. "Elite cartel fighters" may be the most vocal on the forums, but they are in the minority in terms of numbers in this community. 

This ^

I'm still camping coke prod with a rook and zipties.
There is no "end game".
You don't "finish" altis life.

Judg3 and Maaqs like this
Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Need to just go down to one server period, when i go to play and only see 15 people per server I just don't play because it's boring...Just keep Server #1 period, and permanently close 2 and 3. Comp people for houses and call it a day. This would condense the small remaining population to play together.

Link to post
Just now, Ron Johnson said:

That is one subject no one can agree on, people have their houses and it causes controversy whenever closing down servers comes up in topic. People don't like the feeling of losing out on what they have invested so much of their time in, so I don't think we will see servers closing down to combine into one single at this time. Again I have no knowledge of insider discussions and what not, but I can give you my personal opinion on the situation.

Many have complained about server stability when reaching max capacity on servers (particularly Server 1), I am sure this is due to the issue at hand with the current mission file. Once the mission file has been filtered through and resolved, I am sure we will see the player population grow with rising confidence in server performance with the release of Asylum V2.

I believe transferring all players onto one server will not help the player population stay stable and full at all times simply because of this "unknown" stability issue at this time. Spreading a player base that averages equally through low-peak hours (12am-12pm) and unequally during peak hours would not solve the larger issue at hand which is stability due to everyone being squeezed onto Server 1 in which is already having issues at hand as it stands now.

Below is the information available on the game servers page by interacting with the BattleMetrics widgets:

bf7563e5496d952f6d973c1ee39a5586.png

All of this is my own personal opinion and thoughts. None of this has directly been influenced by Asylum staff or additional knowledge not available know/given to the general public.

Sp0on likes this
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 7:27 AM, Phil | OG said:

Need to just go down to one server period, when i go to play and only see 15 people per server I just don't play because it's boring...Just keep Server #1 period, and permanently close 2 and 3. Comp people for houses and call it a day. This would condense the small remaining population to play together.

How do you comp someone for a house they paid 3 mil for? What about the materials inside that house? I miss the glory days too but I still dont want to be the one who gets shit on just because I started off on a different server than you.

Link to post

Opening up server 3 was the biggest mistake they could have done, They need to realise that if we had constant numbers for 2 weeks straight then open up, but now people have 0 interaction with such a big map with only 15 players average.

Asylum needs to at least remove 1 of the servers until Asylum 2.0 comes out.This being the better option for its players and dedicated members.

 

Rag and Joshhh like this
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...