What is Asylum V2?

Jesse

Hey all,

As some of you may have read/heard we're actively working on making a new mission file that essentially mocks the current. I actively tried various things to fix the server crashing issues since transitioning here and fell short of anything reliable to determine the issue. I've essentially given up on looking for and debugging for that issue after a couple months of trying. We were going to originally just make a new mission from the ground up, however, after a chunk of hours spent on that the idea was canned. It was proving to be too much time to recreate the wheel. However, now we have an original 3.1.4.8 mission file that we're working on rebuilding and recreating the current features.

Going forward we're going to be modifying some features and making some stuff work differently from the current mission as well. You should expect a new housing system, a new talent/prestige/infamy system as well. We will be looking for community feedback on how they'd like to see some of the new systems to find out what is/isn't currently working with the current Asylum and what could be done better.

Regarding a timeline... there really isn't one. As I mentioned on our last patch note I recently had my mother who broke her dominant arm and sprained her opposite wrist. She was pretty bad the first week or two and is getting better and able to lift and do a lot more stuff now. I also have picked up a girlfriend in the meantime as well. My time is currently stretched even thinner than before. I do however, have @Azeh helping with the new mission to do some of the redundant and monotonous stuff. The rest of the team is working on the current mission to just try and keep up with bugs and content releasing.

As always... any questions/comments/concerns - ask away.

Thanks,
Jesse

32 minutes ago, Maric said:

Will Asylum V2 be a clean slate or will users maintain money, houses, talents, prestige, honor, infamy, and gangs?

No, your stuff will persist to the best of my ability. I'll have to create some conversion scripts for stuff like housing inventory and such.

I would expect that you may lose your current loadout/inventory, saved talents (you'll keep your gained experience though, would just need to put talents back in), as well as possibly like your wanted amount or something too.

Hard to say what won't persist through the migration (I'll auto-compensate for any removed items, etc though via scripts and what have you to the best of my ability). However, majority of your stuff(mainly your "progress") will maintain. I just have to create conversion scripts for the new housing system and such.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

No, your stuff will persist to the best of my ability. I'll have to create some conversion scripts for stuff like housing inventory and such.

I would expect that you may lose your current loadout/inventory, saved talents (you'll keep your gained experience though, would just need to put talents back in), as well as possibly like your wanted amount or something too.

Hard to say what won't persist through the migration (I'll auto-compensate for any removed items, etc though via scripts and what have you to the best of my ability). However, majority of your stuff(mainly your "progress") will maintain. I just have to create conversion scripts for the new housing system and such.

will we keep our virginity too?

Atra, Sp0on, EasyStreets and 2 others like this

What languages and shit do I have to learn to help with this project deadass. I will literally work for a few months on learning how to code this shit just to help. I would love to see Asylum become as active as it used to be.

Edit: Even if not the coding side of things. If there is anything I can learn or do to help I'd be glad to do so. @Jesse @Azeh

Edited by Lunchables
Face Recka likes this
5 hours ago, Lunchables said:

What languages and shit do I have to learn to help with this project deadass. I will literally work for a few months on learning how to code this shit just to help. I would love to see Asylum become as active as it used to be.

Edit: Even if not the coding side of things. If there is anything I can learn or do to help I'd be glad to do so. @Jesse @Azeh

Sqf

Innate and Guwop like this
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, DeSt said:

does this mean that everyones stuff on the server will be wiped completely?

Read through the post. 

On 4/11/2019 at 10:57 AM, Jesse said: