(SPOILERS) Game of thrones ep3 discussion thread

Steve

44 minutes ago, Steve said:

Apparently Arya has mad hops and the dragon queen can swing a sword. And the dothraki suck after all.

The dothraki don't suck @Steve it was a result of bad leadership.  I mean who the hell sends such a small number of troops, trained as well as they are into that kind of situation.  They should have kept them back with everyone else to fight.  Though I did enjoy the scene, I was hollering the whole time like " wtf are you doing !?  "  Bc I knew that little number of units was not going to be enough to run up against the army they were going against.

Edited by Wop
21 minutes ago, Wop said:

The dothraki don't suck @Steve it was a result of bad leadership.  I mean who the hell sends such a small number of troops, trained as well as they are into that kind of situation.  They should have kept them back with everyone else to fight.  Though I did enjoy the scene, I was hollering the whole time like " wtf are you doing !?  "  Bc I knew that little number of units was not going to be enough to run up against the army they were going against.

While I do agree the overall positioning of the troops was terrible (trebuchets in front of the infantry????), I don’t think the Dothraki were given an order to charge, I think the adrenaline rush from the flaming swords made them do what they have always done: charge straight at the enemy and and scare the shit out of them. Only problem was that wights don’t get scared. When they first started to charge, Jorah sat for a moment looking confused, then followed them into battle.

DJB likes this
32 minutes ago, Wop said:

I agree they should not have let the dothraki fight alone however I thought they would have lasted longer then they did.

DJB likes this

I had a thought Arya would be one to do it after the pep talk from red witch.  If you think about the foreshadowing on it was legit.  She was given the blade probably within 5 feet of where she ended up using it, saving the person that gave it to her.  I thought it was an excellent episode and had me on edge of seat whole time.

HBO streaming is so shit, the bitrate they offer is so horrible that the whole episode is filled with artifacts that made is impossible so what was going on for almost the whole episode. Besides not being able to see what was going on for 70% of the episode, the show has really gone to shit, so many illogical choices where made (Jon sitting on the wall with a dragon and not using it when they are having trouble lighting the trenches), and the plot armor that was non existent in the earlier seasons, has been ramped up to 100%. Characters used to get punished for their mistakes, usually with death. During this episode, you see characters you care about that look like they are about to die with all odds for survival against them (multiple times), and then they still manage to survive, simply just by cutting away from the scene. Most people started watching this show because one misstep actually had dire consequences. All these years of amazing storytelling has been boiled down to a dull mediocre Hollywood movie. 

Reapered likes this