Change Log 8.4.1

48 minutes ago, Pizza Man said:

The fed has had an increase in security and it is much easier to be spotted, don't attempt to rob it unless you are ready to fight some cops. The fed instantly going to elevated is not intended and had never happened during testing and when I attempted a robbery on live servers did not come across this issue.

I was able to make it 34% into a vault before sounding the alarm, and just fyi I worked on the fed stuff so gen and azeh probably cant help you there.

Well the second i boltcutted the gate it went off instantly so thats 3 talent points useless but maybe it was just bad luck but it seems a bit much. The elevated ive never seen happen and was completely baffled by.

15 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Added barley to list of illegal items. Can now be seized by the APD.

Hopefully this comes with an APD policy update @Samperino

If you’re seen near a barley field, does this give the officer probable cause to search you and your vehicle?  

Do Barley Fields now become illegal areas?  

Why just Barley and not Phosphorus and Hydrogen sulfate too??

J9HUNNA likes this
Just now, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

Hopefully this comes with an APD policy update

No policy update needed.

If you’re seen near a barley field, does this give the officer probable cause to search you and your vehicle?  

Barley "fields" or bushes aren't probable cause already. We don't need a policy to tell officers that they're not illegal.

Do Barley Fields now become illegal areas?  

No.

Why just Barley and not Phosphorus and Hydrogen sulfate too??

Barley is used to make scotch, alongside water and yeast. Before this patch, none of those ingredients were illegal.
A civilian could be caught at Spirit Distillery and have no consequences for having all the materials to make the illegal alcohol.

I'm not a developer, I'm not a community manager, and I'm not an owner, so I can't answer why phosphorus and hydrogen sulfate are not illegal with fact, but only opinion.
I believe it's because ephedra is the illegal ingredient in the meth trio.
Barley is now the illegal ingredient in the scotch trio.

Bag Of Funyuns and Judg3 like this
5 minutes ago, Lucien said:

1. Not that I have a strong opinion about it, but why does seeing someone pick barley not give probable cause? Sure they could be picking berries, but someone could be hunting in the hunting grounds and still be searched for dog meat even though its a legal area. Seems like we could use some consistency with this.

Barley/Berry bushes are all around Altis. There's not one area like there is the hunting grounds.

It's already going to be punishing enough if a civilian gets caught at the spirit distillery with their ingredients now. We don't need to be hunting around for people picking barley.

Samus_Aran likes this

RPG damage seems inconsistent now. I've seen it still destroy a strider with one shot. I've also seen an ifrit eat a rocket and keep rolling like a bug hit it's windshield. Can we remove the rockets and get the .50 Beowulf rounds for the 115 instead?

cHIP oTLE and Rag like this
1 hour ago, Samperino said:

No policy update needed.

1 hour ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

1 hour ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Ephedra is illegal, none of the starting ingredients for scotch were illegal.

Maybe I read into it a bit more than necessary.

So, what we’re saying is Barley is not illegal, it can just be seized as if it’s an illegal item??

4 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

Maybe I read into it a bit more than necessary.

So, what we’re saying is Barley is not illegal, it can just be seized as if it’s an illegal item??

Barley is an illegal item. If you gain probable cause to search someone (like if they’re in spirit distillery) you will be able to seize the barley and charge for possession of illegal liquor (until a barley charge is potentially added).

35 minutes ago, Samperino said:

Barley is an illegal item. If you gain probable cause to search someone (like if they’re in spirit distillery) you will be able to seize the barley and charge for possession of illegal liquor (until a barley charge is potentially added).

Excuse me sir, u seem to be carrying grass. To jail u go. Was this illegal barley thing cop input or not. Just curious.

2 minutes ago, wollie35 said:

Excuse me sir, u seem to be carrying grass. To jail u go. Was this illegal barley thing cop input or not. Just curious.

14 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

My big driving force to adjust the whole scotch money making method was not easy. We visited a few different ideas, many that would upset a ton of people. I opted for us to try to hinder it without dropping the sale prices etc. You can still make the same money, just there is a bit of added risk to it in general. The numbers on our end show you guys are making an absolute killing on scotch. Illegal barley won't be a huge impact on the runners, but it should hinder them and add some risk. From a life standpoint and balance, we need to ensure that these methods are kept in check. I like the scotch runners because they are on that daily grind, which is how it's intended to be. But when we have people making millions and millions each day off it, we needed to take a closer look at it. Let it ride and see how it goes!

13 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

A lot of these changes were to help balance risk/reward.

They are all subject to us monitoring, analyzing and listening to community feedback for adjustments in the future.

11 hours ago, Azeh said:

Can't be that hard if people are able to make millions per day.

1 minute ago, wollie35 said:

Well, i mean it's obvious that the devs implemented it. But did cops like bring it up. You know when people have input in a certain idea.

I don’t remember the origin of the idea but it was brought up in a meeting and it seemed to be a fairly positive suggestion.

If you’re asking if I support the change, wholeheartedly. I feel as though it shouldn’t make a huge impact on scotch making but it should add additional risk to the process.

Meth has an illegal item for it and its the highest paying drug per 1 unit. Scotch is the second and has never had anything illegal to it but now it does. Everyone who collects fucking barley does it when no cops are on anyways so deal with it and stop fucking complaining. 90% of cops know of 1 spot where theres barley so if anything thats the only "negative" impact of this change.

Judg3 and BaDaBiNg_10-8 like this
3 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Meth has an illegal item for it and its the highest paying drug per 1 unit. Scotch is the second and has never had anything illegal to it but now it does. Everyone who collects fucking barley does it when no cops are on anyways so deal with it and stop fucking complaining. 90% of cops know of 1 spot where theres barley so if anything thats the only "negative" impact of this change.

Dumb to make barley Illegal since its everywhere and is only illegal when collected. A better solution might have been removing yeast from the civilian market and making it illegal (You can already buy it from wongs). 

Edited by TRYHARD
Rag likes this
6 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Why would anyone gathering barley before this update do it when no cops are on. U could collect barley even with 15 cops on cause it was legal. But ur right it doesn't matter cause there is no pop left. I hope asylum V2 will change that. I truly do

I don’t think illegal barely is an issue, but if it is being made illegal I think the most condensed area (the field by lakka) should be made illegal, but that is a discussion for Captain/Owners/CMs/Devs...

If they don’t make it illegal it is however easy to get probably cause to search someone picking barley there (or anywhere). Once you spot someone you can either watch from a distance or get a heli in the air, once they get in their vehicle to drive away, light and siren them for off-roading (only if they are actually off-roading but they likely will be) boom. Probable cause to detain and search

@Samperino from what it sounds like you don’t want the main barley field to be illegal, which seems anti-productive... will this be something discussed with the people above or is it out of the question?

move spirit to the hill east of the fed with the shack on  top and make the cartel take the inactive arms/drug caps, if arms is church and drug is tower, make wongs one of the inactive two

scotch is easy for the same reason no one caps that shit cartel, simply because of how out of the way it is

TRYHARD likes this
5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

move spirit to the hill east of the fed with the shack on  top and make the cartel take the inactive arms/drug caps, if arms is church and drug is tower, make wongs one of the inactive two

scotch is easy for the same reason no one caps that shit cartel, simply because of how out of the way it is

Scotch was already hard enough....

First you have to gather the barley and pay for Water/Yeast, so you're already at a loss in money just starting out.

Then you have to make the drive to Spirit carrying all of the materials hoping you don't get robbed along the way.

Then you have to sit and process it all in the bottom of a valley waiting to be shot or robbed by a camping twat.

If you've made it this far you have to hope you don't get robbed on the way back, because people likely know where you are coming from.

Then you have to transfer it into your house in barrels that you had to pay for along with a house you had to buy just to store barrels.

Then you have to wait 5,675,902 server restarts, oh and sometimes when the server crashes it doesn't count as a restart so you end up with New Make Scotch for 5 restarts.

Then after it's finally aged you have to transport it all to Wongs, where people also like to camp and rob you along the way because they know where you're going and why.

After all that is over now you must make it to an ATM where they money is finally safe.

Congrats, now you have made $89,000 after a cut from Wongs.

The Boss likes this
21 minutes ago, Phil | OG said:

First you have to gather the barley and pay for Water/Yeast, so you're already at a loss in money just starting out.

Then you have to make the drive to Spirit carrying all of the materials hoping you don't get robbed along the way.

Then you have to sit and process it all in the bottom of a valley waiting to be shot or robbed by a camping twat.

If you've made it this far you have to hope you don't get robbed on the way back, because people likely know where you are coming from.

Then you have to transfer it into your house in barrels that you had to pay for along with a house you had to buy just to store barrels.

Then you have to wait 5,675,902 server restarts, oh and sometimes when the server crashes it doesn't count as a restart so you end up with New Make Scotch for 5 restarts.

Then after it's finally aged you have to transport it all to Wongs, where people also like to camp and rob you along the way because they know where you're going and why.

After all that is over now you must make it to an ATM where they money is finally safe.

yeah, either way, I don't think anything should have been nerfed, no reason to turn the current players away..

They can keep sprouting all the shit they want about asylum v2 but to me it just sounds like paratus and bamf screaming 64 bit will fix the issues 

Sheriff Rick, thero and Maaqs like this
25 minutes ago, Phil | OG said:

It also is a passive money maker, meaning you can do coke/meth during those 5,675,902 restarts. Compared to meth, scotch is much easier and safer to do.

Jake and Shad0wedDreamer like this
1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

yeah, either way, I don't think anything should have been nerfed, no reason to turn the current players away..

They can keep sprouting all the shit they want about asylum v2 but to me it just sounds like paratus and bamf screaming 64 bit will fix the issues 

Perhaps nerfing money making wasn't the move right now. I ran mostly scotch for a long time and I can confirm it's stupid easy money. So I really don't know what the best possible course of action is/was. Though I have more faith in our current devs then the old ones regarding asylums future. Call me an ass kissing mod if you want to but that is my honest opinion.

Shad0wedDreamer and Innate like this
35 minutes ago, Steve said:

Perhaps nerfing money making wasn't the move right now. I ran mostly scotch for a long time and I can confirm it's stupid easy money. So I really don't know what the best possible course of action is/was. Though I have more faith in our current devs then the old ones regarding asylums future. Call me an ass kissing mod if you want to but that is my honest opinion.

Ass Kissing Mod....

Part of what makes Olympus more attractive to people is the fact that it is easy to make money.  Don't fall into Bamf and Gnashes's thinking that people should grind a ton to make money.  People ultimately don't want to spend a lot of time making money on a Arma mission, they do want to get into the action and have fun.  Half-AFKing and waiting for your inventory to fill up is necessary but people shouldn't be having to do that shit constantly.  It's not fun for the majority of people. 

KrazyKnight likes this

Making illegal activities a higher pay is obviously going to pay out better than legal ways because it allows for interaction between all of the community. Civs running, rebels countering, cops busting. 

I do agree with you 100% because buffing legal ways would be interesting, allowing more variety of robbing people and making money myself.

Swade White likes this
10 hours ago, Jake said:

Once you spot someone you can either watch from a distance or get a heli in the air, once they get in their vehicle to drive away, light and siren them for off-roading (only if they are actually off-roading but they likely will be) boom. Probable cause to detain and search

WOAH STOP THERE!

AT LEAST ROLEPLAY WITH THE DUDE

IF HE DOESNT HAVE A GOOD REASONABLE EXPLANATION FOR OFFROADING THEN = PROBABLE CAUSE

Shad0wedDreamer and Jake like this
On 5/16/2019 at 4:57 PM, Mason said:

There is no risk in black market. You gather the materials and when you sell the money goes right in your bank. Even if cops or civs show up, you just sell as fast as you can and if they kill you, you lose nothing but the truck. Now you have to have gear on you to defend yourself and get to an ATM. It was broken and we both know it. I too ran guns. It was free money. 

Literally, if there was a person who exploited this system forever, it would be @Maaqs who literally liked this post. It was broken, this is facts (lets see how it goes now)

11 hours ago, Jake said:

I don’t think illegal barely is an issue, but if it is being made illegal I think the most condensed area (the field by lakka) should be made illegal, but that is a discussion for Captain/Owners/CMs/Devs...

If they don’t make it illegal it is however easy to get probably cause to search someone picking barley there (or anywhere). Once you spot someone you can either watch from a distance or get a heli in the air, once they get in their vehicle to drive away, light and siren them for off-roading (only if they are actually off-roading but they likely will be) boom. Probable cause to detain and search

@Samperino from what it sounds like you don’t want the main barley field to be illegal, which seems anti-productive... will this be something discussed with the people above or is it out of the question?

Pretty sure you're off roading if you're picking barley.. Think smarter not harder.

14 hours ago, Bandit said:

It alSo Is A pAsSiVe MoNeY mAkEr, MeAnInG yOu CaN dO cOkE/mEtH dUrInG tHoSe 5,675,902 ReStArTs.

How the hell is it passive when it has all the same activitiy requirements as Meth or any other drug?
You have to collect the ingredients.
Get them to the processing.
Process them at an illegal area.
Get them out of there.
Then go to an illegal area to sell them.
Add to that, the fact you also have to stop at your house inbetween and wait 6000 restarts while you toggle all your barrels every restart to get full loads of 25 year old.

How is that even remotely close to any passive activity?

J9HUNNA likes this