3 minutes ago, K A Z E M said:

yes.

Why would this be? Asylum has continued to wane over time while Olympus still goes strong? Is this really due only to the server performance?

This is a genuine question. I have not played Asylum actively in a good while, mostly because its seemed too dead and lifeless (at least at the times I can play) and I just can't be sure a new mission file alone could rekindle a full population or even return S3+4.

1 hour ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

Why would this be? Asylum has continued to wane over time while Olympus still goes strong? Is this really due only to the server performance?

This is a genuine question. I have not played Asylum actively in a good while, mostly because its seemed too dead and lifeless (at least at the times I can play) and I just can't be sure a new mission file alone could rekindle a full population or even return S3+4.

Olympus is just a better server overall. Performance aside, it has whitelisted emt, cops that don't pay for loadouts that can use street language and not listen to fake toxic RP and be forced to give 50% discounts, bigger variety of weapons, gang war points you can actually spend on weapons/armor, better designed map layout, better activities etc. I don't play Arma at all anymore but I left Asylum permanently 2 years ago for Olympus because Asylum was too rigid in its ways and boring and it's still the same old shit. Maybe Jesse will change that with V2 but he'd have been better off getting Olympus somehow than starting over, especially since Arma itself is a dead game.

The best thing to do would be to merge Asylum with Olympus with Jesse in charge.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
2 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Olympus is just a better server overall. Performance aside, it has whitelisted emt, cops that don't pay for loadouts that can use street language and not listen to fake toxic RP and be forced to give 50% discounts, bigger variety of weapons, gang war points you can actually spend on weapons/armor, better designed map layout, better activities etc. I don't play Arma at all anymore but I left Asylum permanently 2 years ago for Olympus because Asylum was too rigid in its ways and boring and it's still the same old shit. Maybe Jesse will change that with V2 but he'd have been better off getting Olympus somehow than starting over, especially since Arma itself is a dead game.

The best thing to do would be to merge Asylum with Olympus with Jesse in charge.

One thing I entirely disagree with is your view of Asylum as "rigid." It's pretty fucking lax on here lol. Cops can use street language on Asylum as well, they just can't call civilians dumb apes and to neck themselves. Not really how I'd want the main RP driving force on a Light RP server to act anyways.

I respect both servers though for sure. They are both definitely different enough it makes sense for both to exist, we just need a breath of fresh air over here on Asylum.

Plus, the market is still there though IMO. Arma 3 has over 24k concurrent players or so a day. Never leaving the top 30 on Steam's charts. You have Olympus and Asylum for European/American RP servers demographically. That's your milsim RP right there. Only other competition is GTA RP and DayZ standalone RP (if you want to call DayZ competition but it has gained some popularity lol). Plus they aren't in a milsim game with good features like a decent medical system and ballistics that make sense for when things get hot & heavy.

I'm hopeful to see the community I've stuck with for 6 years, on my favorite multiplayer game, flourish again. But we'll see.

Roice likes this
17 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

How are people like this still higher than Constable? We really need to clean this shit up...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 4:54 PM, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

The servers are too different and why would olympus merge with a shittier server to have someone else as an owner? Use your brain.

10 hours ago, Batcan said:

The servers are too different and why would olympus merge with a shittier server to have someone else as an owner? Use your brain.

Because Jesse was lead dev at Olympus so merging the two under one mission file and dev/owner is more sensible. If they wanted a distinct Asylum flavor, they could take the core Olympus mission file and modify it rather than starting over. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
  • 5 weeks later...