Arma 3 Contact Weapons

So recently a lot of Contact dlc weapons have been released onto the dev branch.

I was wondering if there is any thought of adding any to the game upon the official release.

Among these there are some more reasonable ones and some less reasonable ones that I am about to list and I am curious to hear the opinions on whether you think they should be added or not. 

(I don't have pictures but you can probably find some if you search for them or try the dev branch for yourself)

1. Promet - The promet is a very simple, but cool looking weapon with many of the same variants you would find from the mx platform. It also comes with its own modular sight that is similar to an rco, or any other dual scope design, it is unable to 0 so seems perfectly acceptable in that regard. However, there is an additional variant that is more interesting in whether it would be in asylum. This is the Promet SG or Promet shotgun. It is similar to how a Katiba GL would work except it has shotgun shells. These shotgun shells are quite strong at close range, and the gun can hold 6 shells per magazine in addition to the regular promet functionality.

2. Kozlice 12G - This is a very simple over under double barrel shotgun with 2 rounds per reload. (In this I will describe the differences between the variants and the under barrel shotguns) The base variant of the shotgun has a decent range being able to kill in one shot with pellets at 100m however this may very due to the spread. With a slug the range is similar but it is more reliant on being able to handle the drop. It is unable to have a sight attached to it and it's basic default sight is a single bead on the end of the barrel. The sawed off version is the same thing but worse in every aspect. It has 0 sights what so ever, and the shotgun's range is cut in half. Now comes the underbarrel shotguns. They are somewhere between the 2 of these shotguns, being closer to the normal variant of the Kozlice. It has great close range ability to kill, but at a distance of I will say 75-80m or higher you are relying on stray pellets to hit the head or neck area. The armor penetration of this is very high at close ranges and at a distance of 50 or more meters the shots become survivable with carrier lites on. As for the slugs at a distance of more than 50m you are looking for a home run hit, as the accuracy greatly falls. It is very strong up close and is still deadly at a medium distance, but it definitely loses its power the further you get. This one is probably one of the more controversial weapons coming up.

3. AKU-12 - This is a carbine version of the AK-12. It is fairly simple and what you would expect, with the same two round burst as the ak-12. However, it seems a significant bit weaker, and the fire rate being as far as I can tell the same. However, I will take time in this section to introduce an AK Arco that will being added to the game with ranging that is more equiped for the heavier AK style bullet that only goes to 800m with much bigger gaps in between ranges.

4. RPK-12 - This is, as you would expect, the LMG version of the AK-12. It also has the same 2 round burst as the normal AK's. It has a 75 round magazine which is quite large, but potentially reasonable, half the size of the Zafir magazine. The RPK is also quite a bit slower firing than the Zafir making it more balanced, in addition to the fact that it uses 7.62x39 instead of the Zafir's 7.62x54 (which is much stronger). And in addition to all of this, the most reasonable thing that I believe can be added to asylum is the 75 round AKM magazine. This goes onto your standard AKM, which means no good sights. These magaines could cost $3500 a piece and I think would be quite reasonable.

So tell me what you think of these weapons and which ones will be added to asylum.

Tyler, MehFrosty and Farmer Steve like this
2 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

A large amount of the DLC will be utilised on Asylum when released. It’d be stupid not to. That’s is all I will say.

There's a good amount of new skinned weapons like black/green MK200s, Ak-12 in 3 different colors, Mk14 Classic, Promet variant camos. Awesome variety for a life server. And nothing over 6.5 which is perfect. (shotguns are very strong in current beta state)

Lightbulb likes this