V2 - "Official Release Week"

Jesse

4 hours ago, Nic Rage said:

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I am getting tired of these constant change in the release date, I personally think it is a poor business practice to suggest something is releasing at this time or that and continue to push it back. Perhaps you are all working your hardest to get this done and the schedule just isn't working out as planned. But I would think that at some point you would just give the community a solid release date and say we can have a vote if we would rather play it with bugs or wait until it is finished.

you sir are a noobhead

curley, Sp0on and MehFrosty like this
6 hours ago, Jesse said:

We're currently working around the clock on it basically. We'll see where we're at tomorrow. We wipe a few things off the list and several more pop up. Nearly all server code has been re-written for current stuff in. Also, a lot has changed clientside code wise to improve readability, functionality, and making stuff more scale-able.

However, we are in my opinion about 24hrs - 36hrs behind where I expected to be. Not necessarily that many development hours, just a day and a half behind schedule. Which is pretty good considering I gave the week almost a month ago. It does look like we may need to push it to release next mid-week (Which if we do that, we'll release with the contact stuff and such at the same time). However, we could do it Saturday. Really depends how our testing continues and what we realize we're forgetting and what is missing as we go. I also work Sat-Mon, so I'd really rather not release it then leave for work in the event issues crop up while I'm working, I wouldn't be able to do anything.

You can see below we literally have timestamps at all times of day... 3AM, 4AM, 12PM, 1PM, etc...

0f188c16490cf55ebfe063b60c9b4dac.png

9819ba0770fc0e28411d3e9290ed88fc.png

d6f66f394501f75c9eed060c67b0016f.png

you guys shouldn't lose sleep over it, from what i can see you both are working well into the night on the coding, just remember to put yourselves infront of the job

4 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

I'll take the blame for this.

We arent releasing V2 because I'm going to Vegas tomorrow.  So its not the developers, its my own selfish need to be there when it launches.

Thanks for understanding.

just hand over ownership to me and @Reformed epTic already

Dead$hot and Reformed epTic like this
10 hours ago, Nic Rage said:

I am getting tired of these constant change in the release date, I personally think it is a poor business practice to suggest something is releasing at this time or that and continue to push it back. Perhaps you are all working your hardest to get this done and the schedule just isn't working out as planned. But I would think that at some point you would just give the community a solid release date and say we can have a vote if we would rather play it with bugs or wait until it is finished.

I'm not one of the original players to Asylum. However I have been playing for a very long time, about 4 1/2 years. In all that time I've seen Asylum at its best and where it is right now. Until the ownership change Asylum was on life support, figuratively speaking. It had inactive devs/owners and they didn't listen to the community like our current owners do now. The mission file and whatever else is so unbelievably fucked up and it definitely was not on the road at all to being fixed and now it is. It's closer then it ever has been, and I would put money on it that by the time all of this is finished we will have better performance then what we experienced when Asylum was in it's prime with 4 servers at 100/100 18 hours a day. Whether or not we will ever see those numbers is truly unknown and a dream more then anything. Though I am truly confident it will be more then playable once again.

GravL, Sp0on, warmwatermelon and 1 other like this
11 hours ago, Nic Rage said:

U have obviously never been involved in a serious project.

There is nothing unprofessional or u call a bad business practice.

The key is to keep ur customer informed about the situation. THIS IS WITH ACTUAL LICENSED SOFTWARE. Asylum is free 2 play.

Ur like trying to get open sourced stuff to update when you want. Not exactly the same but still. 

I cant remember the last time Microsoft had a release on the actual predicted release date. Ur naive if u think that isn't normal.

Sp0on, GravL and Dead$hot like this
1 hour ago, Scrubby said:

i don't understand why people are whining and crying about v2 getting delayed when its not even the end of release week yet. Like grow the fuck up honestly. 

people were expecting v2 and told a date. They are pushing it back for the second time. Idc it's delayed, but I'm explaining why people care. 

2 hours ago, HomeTrlx said:

Give them time, I'd (and I am pretty sure basically everyone) rather wait a couple more days to play on a stable server.

And maybe soon we can driveTRACTORS around Altis.

Tracker speed bomb, if you make it above 10km/h and drop below 8 it goes kaboom