APD Promotion System

1 hour ago, Pizza Man said:

Delete 2nd lieutenant. 

No - thats an admin only rank for those that actually were active Lieutenants of the APD.  Its not a given rank if you reach admin

12 minutes ago, Lucian said:

If I remember correctly Olympus has a police rank for admins that is a mix of corp and sgt or something. Not sure if that's still a thing on their but a similar system on here might be interesting instead of 2nd LT

Admins get Corporal if they are ranked constable in the APD.  Thats the only perk.

You DO NOT GET 2ND LT IF YOU ARE AN ADMIN, ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN THE RANK OF LT BEFORE OR DURING YOUR ADMIN TENURE.

You also lose the 2nd LT rank if you are no longer staff.

3 hours ago, william said:

I would rather a promotion system based off skill, leadership and knowledge, maybe an hour requirement?

Something along the lines of this. Something has to change tbf, the system we have now is : Oh you have been here for 2 years and you are friends with higherups, time for you to climb the ranks of the APD sir. And it has always been like this, a change is good and healthy for the APD. 

7 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

You DO NOT GET 2ND LT IF YOU ARE AN ADMIN, ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN THE RANK OF LT BEFORE OR DURING YOUR ADMIN TENURE.

You also lose the 2nd LT rank if you are no longer staff.

I managed to get it without being an LT. And that tilted people to the moon and back.

Rebel Rodrigo never been higher than SGT got 2nd LT, all the salty cops ooooooof. First thing that happend when I stepped down was my 2nd LT getting removed.

william likes this

I have played here since 2014... Since then i have put over 5.5 maybe 6k hours into asylum a very very long time, in the time i have played iv'e seen lots of good and bad higher ups but ive seen some who have held the rank WAAAAAAAAAY too long... There should be harsher requirements for higher ups, The in game requirements need to be a lot higher as everyone knows its rare you see a Lieutenant on unless they are doing the monthly requirement, out of game could be the same or even less depending on the in game requirement. There needs to be more positions as well only have 12 Lieutenants and 9 sergeants per server * idk if actually changed since only two are up at the moment * is actually shit... fighting over them each month was all ways so cancer because unless you knee pad or are best friends with a Lieutenant or captain you get over looked for their friends and i know this happens because i got Sergeant like that. even though i had worked hard there was 100% others who deserved it more but i was just lucky to have more friend Lieutenants at the time of the others and a captain... Iv'e also seen many people get promoted who are dog shit role players or toxic as fuck but get the rank because there * friend sways the votes * If you fail your first month requirement without a absent request you should get a warning that stays on your Application for 2-3 months, second missed month you should be demoted. If you get your rank back and do it again then it should come with a cool down period of 2-3 months period before able to receive your rank back and if it just so happens your spot is gone so be it should of done your requirements. I've seen many officers ranked constable/corporal/sergeant who are amazing at role play amazing with the guidebook and never lose there temper in a situation and they get overlooked because there isn't enough slots open or they dont *PLAY* with the right people..

As for corporal applications i think ALL Sergeants should vote, not just the server sergeants as you dont just play 1 server as a constable.

Same for Sergeant promotions, ALL Lieutenants should vote on them... with that being said they could still abstain if they chose too or not.

I dont play anymore but i thought id go on a small rant because you're right, something needs to change. I just hope nobody gets flamed by my comments,  Being a long time asylum player i hope the server gets back to being 3 or 4 servers and having them full.

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Crossfade

Good read.... I think it would be beneficial to require more out of Sergeants and Lieutenants.... but I’m not sure what could be required/implemented... enough where it can be easily done, but also enough where the people who are holding rank for no more than holding rank (don’t play), would rather retire than the hassle of keeping their ranks

Crossfade, Fried Rice and Rodrigo like this
17 minutes ago, Jake said:

Good read.... I think it would be beneficial to require more out of Sergeants and Lieutenants.... but I’m not sure what could be required/implemented... enough where it can be easily done, but also enough where the people who are holding rank for no more than holding rank (don’t play), would rather retire than the hassle of keeping their ranks

Maybe holding the Rank of LT you should be required to do 1 training a month? Hold a few briefings a month, up the play time requirement by 25% - 40% idk what it is atm last i remember it was like 20 hours a month.. maybe for every training they do the playtime requirement is reduced by 5-10% maximum of 30% time removed, just shit to make them more active or make them interact with civs/other officers more. i remember a time where trying to find a LT to do a house raid was near impossible and if there was one on ts or even in game they would just say nah fuck it cant be bothered, would rather just fuck around doing stupid shit. i get that its just a game and that the ranks all ready have a pretty high expectation but honestly the people who hold the ranks do the bare minimum.. 

Just a suggestion... Also i think there should be a maximum time you can hold a rank like lieutenant 12 months, maybe 9 months for sergeant.. just because how many people are denied due to being maxed slots or something... maybe it could be worked around by like the more active you are the longer you can have it, meeting all your requirements every month, barely any AR's etc etc so the people who do fuck all every month get removed quicker..

Edited by Crossfade
edited the last bit in
Rodrigo likes this
2 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

Something along the lines of this. Something has to change tbf, the system we have now is : Oh you have been here for 2 years and you are friends with higherups, time for you to climb the ranks of the APD sir. And it has always been like this, a change is good and healthy for the APD. 

I managed to get it without being an LT. And that tilted people to the moon and back.

Rebel Rodrigo never been higher than SGT got 2nd LT, all the salty cops ooooooof. First thing that happend when I stepped down was my 2nd LT getting removed.

its hard to change

even in real life promotions are usually based on how much you like the person and not so much about their work ethic and whatever. Sometimes you like a person because of work ethic and sometimes you like a person because they suck your cock and are friends with u. it’s just human nature

I’m not really sure how to fix this except let envy take over apd and we will straighten things out

Fried Rice likes this
Just now, Reapered said:

its hard to change

even in real life promotions are usually based on how much you like the person and not so much about their work ethic and whatever. Sometimes you like a person because of work ethic and sometimes you like a person because they suck your cock and are friends with u. it’s just human nature

I’m not really sure how to fix this except let envy take over apd and we will straighten things out

Yeah I think Envy Inc. could solve the issues we are having.

.Casper likes this

I think the in-game playtime requirement needs to be much steeper. My biggest problem with the APD is high ranks not using what equipment they are blessed with, and usually not even being on at all. I get on and play Arma 3 and only on Asylum basically for 4-5 days a week, for at least 3 hours usually more prime time Pacific US. I can't expect all those people to to do the same as me. That's just a level of free time my industry affords and isn't realistic for many, though I do believe I should still see more activity than I do.

I refuse to lie when I say that I don't see enough people holding their SGT+ rank on enough in-game in my OPINION. In-game leadership and efficacy has always been the most important ideal to me though as most will know. If they aren't going to come in game, pull armor, get officers moving in some sort of organized strategy, and be the game mechanic the police are supposed to be, I say why bother?

Administration on the forums and such is certainly necessary, and important as well. I just wish I saw more people willing to throw orders out. Even if they don't work because mine don't always. I just like the effort. The willingness to step up. To tell someone to watch that gate. That's their one job. You die? Go back to that gate. Let's win one. Comradery etc.

TL;DR

In-game leadership is important. Wish I saw more of it.

Alec-I, K1NG and Rodrigo like this
13 minutes ago, Samperino said:

Yeah, my point is that there is always going to be politics no matter what system you have in place. You can't accurately measure "leadership" and "dedication", etc. It's all fairly subjective.

Agreed to a certain extent. If you think about it the promotion system in the APD is not about leadership. There is alot of dedication that's for sure, but that's about it. The higherups at this point are glorified members of the APD, for the simple fact they have been around longer. ( most of them )

HomeTrlx, Ludde and thero like this
Just now, Samperino said:

The suggestions & feedback section isn't really my domain but the APD is top heavy right now. Too much emphasis on the upper end, not enough on the lower end.

So what you are saying you have no ideas or plans for the APD? And if I understand what you are saying, you are lowkey trying to put this on the Cadet's up to Corp's? Correct me if I am wrong. Just feel like the community lack information about the APD. Mainly reason for this thread, want to see what our Chief/Captains think and plans for the future.

I honestly like the idea mentioned above of a sunset with a bit of a twist.  

So say for sgts.  

After 9 months you auto retire.  
you cannot reapply for 1 month.  
You can reapply the next period of you still want it.  
If you get it add 3 month to your next retirement timer.  So next time would be 12 months of you get it.  

Put something similar in for LTs.  

Give an opprotunity to rotate people in, and those guys can still come back if there are no good candidates promoted and the APD likes them.  Also gives a feelgood way to get rid of subpar sgts that arent actually breaking rules.  

Crossfade likes this