Jump to content
Dust Runner

Small Cosmetic Addition

Add LVL2 Basic Helmets  

50 members have voted

  1. 1. Add LVL2 Basic Helmets

    • Yes add LVL2 Helmets for both factions.
    • No, helmets don't belong here.


Recommended Posts

I think having a nice variety of cosmetics in Asylum adds to the cool factor. Third person games in general allow admiration of your character.

Add White and Olive finish Basic Helmets (Armor lvl 2) to Civilian shop.

Add Black and Blue finish Basic helmets to Cop shops, Rank of choice decided by Captains, though I think it would be suited for Constable+.

It matches Asylum's cosmetic norm, and adds more cool factor.

https://armedassault.fandom.com/wiki/Basic_Helmet

"Rated at Level II standards, the Basic Helmet offers little resistance against bullets or explosives larger than Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) fragments. With a base armour value of 6, the Basic Helmet can at most allow the user to survive one point blank hit from a 9 mm-chambered firearm; anything larger will not be blocked."

Pictures are in the above article as well. I think it might be able to stop 5.56 in select circumstances at 200m+ ranges, but it's so niche why bother.

I know it's low priority, but little surprises like this I think the vast majority of the player base would find a cool little addition in V2.

Standard lvl 1 helmets cost 1.5k so I think a flat double/3k would be an appropiate price for the rare circumstance of a good ricochet and looking badass. Of course it could be lower, but I wouldn't advise much higher for such little benefit.

(Also don't forget those gas masks on release of Contact DLC!!!)

Edited by Dust Runner

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bustah said:

does it matter?

Depends on what you value. I don't snipe over 600m so for me this change doesn't affect me if it like, blocks a 7.62 round from 1000+ meters. So there's inherent bias there. Though to be honest, I didn't think it would have an impact on 7.62 at all. I put a poll up so people could shoot it down or agree. If I'm uninformed of some massively OP statistic is tied to these helmets (X to doubt) it's also a learning experience for others and myself.

EDIT: also not to mention the lower side of the head, neck, and face are not covered by it

Edited by Dust Runner

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Dust Runner said:

Depends on what you value. I don't snipe over 600m so for me this change doesn't affect me if it like, blocks a 7.62 round from 1000+ meters. So there's inherent bias there. Though to be honest, I didn't think it would have an impact on 7.62 at all. I put a poll up so people could shoot it down or agree. If I'm uninformed of some massively OP statistic is tied to these helmets (X to doubt) it's also a learning experience for others and myself.

EDIT: also not to mention the lower side of the head, neck, and face are not covered by it

once something like being able to tank a head shot no matter the distance its no longer just a "small cosmetic addition" its a game changing addition. i would also be pretty annoyed if i hit somebody in the head from a km away and they didnt die.

Dust Runner likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Bustah said:

once something like being able to tank a head shot no matter the distance its no longer just a "small cosmetic addition" its a game changing addition. i would also be pretty annoyed if i hit somebody in the head from a km away and they didnt die.

True, enough, though I'd argue it'd honestly not make a difference in 95% of situations, therefore being a predominantly cosmetic change. But that one time it does would feel nice I suppose, and shitty for the opposing party.

Bustah likes this

Share this post


Link to post

This isn't going to happen unless there are also changes to the helmet that can be obtained through unlocking crates.

Because this helmet offers more protection and offers an advantage in gameplay it would most definitely not be cosmetic and would actually alter gameplay.

 

Last time Asylum tried to give players advantages with debit cards, BI got angry, so I can see something similar happening with this if they are to implement it that way.

Hype likes this

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Mauv said:

This isn't going to happen unless there are also changes to the helmet that can be obtained through unlocking crates.

Because this helmet offers more protection and offers an advantage in gameplay it would most definitely not be cosmetic and would actually alter gameplay.

 

Last time Asylum tried to give players advantages with debit cards, BI got angry, so I can see something similar happening with this if they are to implement it that way.

You aren't wrong about it altering gameplay. But the kind of advantage that makes rifle calibers not kill instantly over 800+ meters when hitting the very top or very side & top head is too specific to be worth a buy alone IMO. It also will still kill the shit out of you in the face or sides of the head, and also your neck from behind/front. Statistically speaking the average engagement distance in Asylum is assuredly under 300m. 6.5 and 7.62 the two dominant calibers for weapons in Asylum won't be affected whatsoever by this change at the average engaging distance.

I'm willing to wager it wouldn't shift the meta based on the combat norms and 7.62/6.5 meta in Asylum.

1 hour ago, Bustah said:

does it matter?

 

Another BIG point. We have helmets on Asylum already. The cost 1.5k and stop .45 ACP and 9mm rounds point blank. Vast majority of the player-base doesn't use this though providing this "clear" advantage right? Also via ballistics on Arma 3, technically that helmet (lvl 1) affects 7.62 as well. Because at a certain point the velocity lost from the bullet over normal effective ranges will be low enough that having the lvl 1 helmet would be the difference between life and death. Haven't seen anybody complain about those circumstances though.

(I love ballistic science)

lvl 2 in terms of protection is realistically not going to change anything. The biggest problem would be when you see those bullshit "glancing hits" where blood comes of of the head but doesn't kill, it gives people something to blame. Example from my own perspective: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mauv said:

This isn't going to happen unless there are also changes to the helmet that can be obtained through unlocking crates.

Because this helmet offers more protection and offers an advantage in gameplay it would most definitely not be cosmetic and would actually alter gameplay.

 

Last time Asylum tried to give players advantages with debit cards, BI got angry, so I can see something similar happening with this if they are to implement it that way.

Exactly, even if the advantage is super small bohemia still cares about pilot covs being worn with carryalls for extra mags I wouldn't be surprised about them being pissed about helmets

Mauv and Dust Runner like this

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Lucien said:

Exactly, even if the advantage is super small bohemia still cares about pilot covs being worn with carryalls for extra mags I wouldn't be surprised about them being pissed about helmets

Behomia was made because they were behind paywalls not because they were being used.  Bohemia also wouldn't be mad if you were required to say hold arms dealer to purchase one. 

Edited by HotWings

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jayshawn said:

I swear to fucking god if this shit get's added im finna flip some shit. 

 

I did not get hounded by a few retards for nothing.

 

Most people I think confuse helmets being OP and headshots looking busted from this bug/feature. I genuinely believe these helmets wouldn't be a big deal. Show them this video if you tank a headshot from their perspective. "Glancing shots/blows" have always been around since the Alpha version of the game. Let's not have extra cosmetics/cool things not added because of misinformation. It's an incredibly minute and specific circumstance that it's a "buff". Very rarely will you see it doing anything for you (other than always looking sexy of course).

Edited by Dust Runner

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Bustah said:

once something like being able to tank a head shot no matter the distance its no longer just a "small cosmetic addition" its a game changing addition. i would also be pretty annoyed if i hit somebody in the head from a km away and they didnt die.

I mean that already happens with how broken CSATs are and especially when armor stacking is around.

12 hours ago, Dust Runner said:

True, enough, though I'd argue it'd honestly not make a difference in 95% of situations, therefore being a predominantly cosmetic change. But that one time it does would feel nice I suppose, and shitty for the opposing party.

And you're right imo in 95% of situations it wouldn't matter except for cop fights then we'd be seeing more tanks to the head which could be annoying but like i said it still happens with CSATs all the time.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...