whatcha doin there buddy?

59 minutes ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

There was never a release date. Have you heard of estimates?

It was called a release week. Deny or it or not, it's unquestionably the context we were given as a community was SHOULD BE between 14-20th of July 2019.

Should be wasn't good enough. And unless they plan on dropping a random update in surprise, which, while it sounds cool doesn't get as much hype as a release date; it doesn't even look like it's going to happen this week.

TL;DR...

Big sad.

Edited by Dust Runner

The issue is subverted expectations. When you get everyone hyped up with a release week and then push it back and repeatedly its really a downer on all the hype. Very similar to when a game is overhyped, gets released and flops due to expectations not being met. In retrospect the best thing to do would be to be honest with the community about how much work needed to be done. I understand that the devs are doing a SHITLOAD of work, with very few people, however it would have been better to acknowledge this and wait to announce a release week until they had a more accurate estimate. All that being said I think we are undermining all the work the devs are doing to help the community by working on V2 as hard as they are. Thanks for the work boys even if you do suck at guessing release dates. 

Batcan, Judg3, Azeh and 4 others like this
3 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

since I’ve been a good little boy and not been a dick about the date being pushed back you trynna give us another estimated release week? Ya know, not an exact second

Judging by the lists given to me by the other developers and my own. Based off my current work schedule ASSUMING I avoid this weeks OT then Wednesday. I'll know for sure if I have to work this week by tomorrow night. If I have off, then Wednesday is the aimed date. However, I gotta talk to my GF figure out our schedule for the week. I ideally want Thurs/Fri for debug days and such. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'll let you guys know. As I told staff in our meeting we will have to have the DB/Forums/Game Servers down during the change over. So we'll be making a post for planned downtime to make everyone aware.

Just now, Jesse said:

Judging by the lists given to me by the other developers and my own. Based off my current work schedule ASSUMING I avoid this weeks OT then Wednesday. I'll know for sure if I have to work by tomorrow night. If I have off, then Wednesday is the aimed date. However, I gotta talk to my GF figure out our schedule for the week. I ideally want Thurs/Fri for debug days and such. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'll let you guys know. As I told staff in our meeting we will have to have the DB/Forums/Game Servers down during the change over. So we'll be making a post for planned downtime to make everyone aware.

Woah woah, shutting the forums down ??? Who am I supposed to shit talk then!

Sheriff Rick and smellypig like this