V2 is the new HALF LIFE 3

JoM

50 minutes ago, JigTV said:

I dont think the devs know how many people arent playing until v2 comes out, i know atleast 15 people including myself that refuse to play anymore until they get v2 out, the longer they wait the less likely were gonna come back

You don't think we want it out as much as you do? I haven't played regulary in about 6 months or more, mainly because of server lag. While I have no idea how much money the servers are generating, Clint/Jesse need donations in order to pay the server costs - and I would assume the past few months haven't looked too great.
However, we can't release it without certain necessities. Last week it looked like we'd have it ready for Wednesday. Some things took longer than expected, plus we came across some rough issues that required fixing, pushing back other necessary work.

Friday morning when we went to bed, our to-do list (things that are a requirement) basically looked like this:
- Player textures (config is done, code part isn't)
- Clean-up script (about halfway finished)
- House selling
- Gang talents (they're there but don't sync/save. Should be fairly quick though).
Currently the list is still the same because I try to leave most stuff that is to some degree serverside/network dependant to Jesse and his time has been occupied since Friday. 

With Jesse's work schedule we can't release on a weekend incase something major goes wrong (not type features not working, but database stuff and such).
We had some admins hop on for a couple of hours last night to test a few things and near the end, client fps was substantially decreased (like 30-50 fps in Pyrgos HQ, depending on people's PC specs). I'm not entirely sure what the cause of it is, but I changed a couple of things afterwards. I have my doubts that it's fixed but we'll see later today. Goes without saying that it's crucial to fix before launch.

DankBud, MrCOUCHLOK, Scott and 13 others like this
3 minutes ago, Azeh said:

You don't think we want it out as much as you do? I haven't played regulary in about 6 months or more, mainly because of server lag. While I have no idea how much money the servers are generating, Clint/Jesse need donations in order to pay the server costs - and I would assume the past few months haven't looked too great.
However, we can't release it without certain necessities. Last week it looked like we'd have it ready for Wednesday. Some things took longer than expected, plus we came across some rough issues that required fixing, pushing back other necessary work.

Friday morning when we went to bed, our to-do list (things that are a requirement) basically looked like this:
- House selling
- Gang talents (they're there but don't sync/save. Should be fairly quick though).
Currently the list is still the same because I try to leave most stuff that is to some degree serverside/network dependant to Jesse and his time has been occupied since Friday. 

With Jesse's work schedule we can't release on a weekend incase something major goes wrong (not type features not working, but database stuff and such).
We had some admins hop on for a couple of hours last night to test a few things and near the end, client fps was substantially decreased (like 30-50 fps in Pyrgos HQ, depending on people's PC specs). I'm not entirely sure what the cause of it is, but I changed a couple of things afterwards. I have my doubts that it's fixed but we'll see later today. Goes without saying that it's crucial to fix before launch.

my man...

Keep up the good work gabe :)

Edited by JoM
DJB and MrCOUCHLOK like this
15 minutes ago, Azeh said:

i wish i got 30-50 fps in Pyrgos HQ

:FeelsBadMan:

JoM likes this
On 8/3/2019 at 1:21 PM, JoM said:

cmon!

I've been here a long time. I want V2 to come out as much as you do if not more. I literally try to distract myself to not think about v2 till it comes out. Every day that goes by we get closer and closer. Those who know me know that I don't kiss ass to anyone, so when I say support the developers instead of impatiently whining at them, it's because I wanna see it happen. I can understand how it's frustrating that the issues are not fixed. We as a community have been dealing with them for years. I was and still am one of the more vocal people in this community. Go back and look at all the old threads and posts I made with suggestions directed at Bamf and Gnashes when they were still around. I firmly believe that the only way change happens is when enough people bitch about the problem,(or someone gets assassinated) however the problem is getting fixed so sit the fuck back and wait.

Excuse my ranting

The hardest part is already over and in reality that has nothing to do with reworking the mission file. The hardest part was to get the old owners to pass the community on to our current ones. Seriously, look at how long that took to happen. At least that's how I see things, if you disagree with me I'd like to know why.

DJB, DonDurka, BlackShot and 4 others like this
10 minutes ago, Steve said:

I've been here a long time. I want V2 to come out as much as you do if not more. I literally try to distract myself to not think about v2 till it comes out. Every day that goes back we get closer and closer. Those who know me know that I don't kiss ass to anyone, so when I say support the developers instead of impatiently whining at them, it's because I wanna see it happen. I can understand how it's frustrating that the issues are not fixed. We as a community have been dealing with them for years. I was and still am one of the more vocal people in this community. Go back and look at all the old threads and posts I made with suggestions directed at Bamf and Gnashes when they were still around. I firmly believe that the only way change happens is when enough people bitch about the problem,(or someone gets assassinated) however the problem is getting fixed so sit the fuck back and wait.

Excuse my ranting

The hardest part is already over and in reality that has nothing to do with reworking the mission file. The hardest part was to get the old owners to pass the community on to our current ones. Seriously, look at how long that took to happen. At least that's how I see things, if you disagree with me I'd like to know why.

I can tower drop I can tower drop

Steve, Gagss, wollie35 and 4 others like this
4 hours ago, Azeh said:

- House selling

Probably would take me like five minutes or six minutes tbh.

:kermit:

On 8/3/2019 at 2:43 PM, Azeh said:

- House selling

This right here is amazing for everyone to know just how close V2 is to launching. 

Thank you for sharing this! Much appreciated.