V2 feedback

Azeh

2 hours ago, Pizza Man said:

Toss these colored group indicators in the next patch. It is pretty hard to mess up but I left you one good example and one bad example just in case. Just include the leader icon, don't make it look laggy, add a toggle feature in the settings and let us put whatever colors we want without it being some donator perk and then stuff your pockets with easy likes on the patch notes.

Edit: Highly recommend the default video editor that comes with windows 10.

Pizza Man for contributor 

:FeelsBadMan:

On 8/11/2019 at 2:15 AM, • B A R K I N • said:

Is this actually going to be a thing? I want my fucking debit card every time I spawn in. I can't stand the idea of wasting more time running to an atm everytime like a damn new rat.  

@Jesse This is gamebreaking, do something about this ASAP or scrap the entire V2, because I don't want that shit if it comes at the cost of automatic debit cards. 

+1

20 hours ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

not gonna be broken, they're just trying to start pretty barebones, then add as we go so its easier to fix issues that arise...

Well how it is rn is pretty lovely. Maybe add a medical and then it’s flawless imo. If devs want some suggestions for BH pls hmu I can almost guarantee no one bh’s more than me and my kitties nowadays. 

20 hours ago, Lucien said:

Literally one of the most unique things on asylum

Faccs

21 hours ago, Lucien said:

You need to process 15 year into 25 at distillery in v2

So wait, you need to...

1. Gather Materials

2. Create New Make Scotch

3. Age to 15 year Scotch in barrel

4. Take it back to the Distillery and process to 25 year?

5. Then sell it at Wongs

If so, LMAOOOOOOOOOO. Just remove it.

Edited by Phil | OG
Kawaii likes this
1 hour ago, Lucien said:

I just tested this on V2, when a cop gun is dropped for a civ it isn't downing. It would be better if it was downing instead of lethals when it is dropped so there is a reason to kidnap cops as their gear isn't really unique and its just a different color gun vs on other servers where it is always downing. Would encourge more rp situations as it gives a good reason to take hostages / kidnap cops. I understand that in v1 guns would down because of tracer mags, and that you would probably need to add some scripts as I imagine the down/lethal script is applied to cops instead of the guns themselves

Bounty hunter isn't in yet so I don't know if downing tracers will make a return to make some of these guns downing for civs, but because I don't know how bounty hunter guns will function in the future with this new script I just wanted to put my two cents in for all the kavala trolls who plan on kidnapping cops all day :)

All cop guns will lethal when held by a civ unless you use a tracer mag. Lethal mags for BH are only available for maxed honor players, so the switch to lethal only mags for cops now allows more ways for a civ to get the lethal mags for a bounty hunter gun.

Maaqs likes this
2 hours ago, Lucien said:

I just tested this on V2, when a cop gun is dropped for a civ it isn't downing. It would be better if it was downing instead of lethals when it is dropped so there is a reason to kidnap cops as their gear isn't really unique and its just a different color gun vs on other servers where it is always downing. Would encourge more rp situations as it gives a good reason to take hostages / kidnap cops. I understand that in v1 guns would down because of tracer mags, and that you would probably need to add some scripts as I imagine the down/lethal script is applied to cops instead of the guns themselves

Bounty hunter isn't in yet so I don't know if downing tracers will make a return to make some of these guns downing for civs, but because I don't know how bounty hunter guns will function in the future with this new script I just wanted to put my two cents in for all the kavala trolls who plan on kidnapping cops all day :)

Cop was scripted with downing code for V2, so ALL magazines are actually lethal mags, just a scroll wheel option for downing or lethal.

Yeah js, making it harder to get money and nerfing one of the best money making ways is not a good way to promote server population. Gonna have to stick to mom's credit card on this one. Scotch and Meth should be buffed IMO. There are kids with over 50 million dollars. The nerf is only going to hurt poorer players.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:30 AM, Mauv said:

Why not put Spirit Distillery in a more centralized location?

The area it's in now barely gets any interaction and now that it's being nerfed and more time consuming I believe the area will be visited far less frequently. The APD doesn't go up there unless they have a helicopter (and even then, it's out of the way of everything and barely gets checked) and it's relatively easy to avoid combat if you own a house near or at Abdera.

Move it to a more centralized area and remove the grind for 15 year to 25 year at the distillery; incentivize civilians and APD alike to utilize checking the area more often.

I think spirt is so succesful because its so out of the way of cops I would think moving it closer would be nurfing it again tbh 

On 8/12/2019 at 6:06 AM, danile666 said:

Scotch now only takes a cut at wongs, no processing cut.  Tested and confirmed yesterday.  I think the added processing is a good thing, more interaction with the world and more risk.  Also the 25 year sells for more now too.  It makes it all work.  It is a buff if you arent being lazy

How much does the scotch sell for now? 

3 hours ago, Connor .J. said:

I guess theirs gonna be no gangs for V2 :wacko:

On 8/12/2019 at 12:01 AM, Phil | OG said:

V2 is old news before it's even released.

Capture-Copy.jpg

Old news before it's even released. Hyped it up to hell then it's missing half the shit on a test server, oh and fucked up the best (only) way of making money because the others suck.

At this point just go ahead and revert to the most stable version pre 6.0 and just let the server slowly die with dignity.

Edited by Phil | OG
43 minutes ago, Phil | OG said:

Old news before it's even released. Hyped it up to hell then it's missing half the shit on a test server, oh and fucked up the best (only) way of making money because the others suck.

At this point just go ahead and revert to the most stable version pre 6.0 and just let the server slowly die with dignity.

What missing on the server beside medics and BH that effect the gameplay ? 

1 hour ago, Gaskal said:

What missing on the server beside medics and BH that effect the gameplay ? 

Evidence Lockup. Debit cards not spawning for people with proper donor status. RPGs still being in.

Also, maybe the fact that it isn't released yet at all???

Like shit, I know the devs are working hard but we are now ONE DAY AWAY FROM BEING TIED WITH THE "RELEASE WEEK" OF LAST MONTH

Slick likes this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Debit cards aren't showing because the Server 3 database instance is a dummy one. You are all identical in the database, fresh starts that were given 50 mil and LT in game.

Has been said before and people are still crying about it. You'll have your debit cards with the real Server 1/2 database.

any chance you can sneak in the donor 7s along with the old boys?

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Debit cards aren't showing because the Server 3 database instance is a dummy one. You are all identical in the database, fresh starts that were given 50 mil and LT in game.

Has been said before and people are still crying about it. You'll have your debit cards with the real Server 1/2 database.

I knew this was the case and I'm dumb as fuck. smarten up people xx

8 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

Evidence Lockup. Debit cards not spawning for people with proper donor status. RPGs still being in.

Like shit, I know the devs are working hard but we are now ONE DAY AWAY FROM BEING TIED WITH THE "RELEASE WEEK" OF LAST MONTH

I want the v2 release more than most of the people here but

i think its way better to delay it a little bit than release it with game breaking bugs however i can't tell when its out but i can see we are about to see it live 

however all the future will be added very soon after release and the devs will have more time to focus on constants than trying to fix the servers since the issue is resolved 

22 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

And you will have to say it again, too. I mean gosh. Not only do I not have my debit card, but I only get a rust bucket Hatch and none of my loot crate items. Its almost like... I'm not on the same profile. :o

4 hours ago, Phil | OG said:

2fe2658f865536d6e474d82ae89eb673.png

Funny.

DonDurka, BlackShot, Mauv and 1 other like this
16 minutes ago, Azeh said:

Funny.

You chose to dedicate time to it for free, don't cry to me because you decided to work for free. Free or not it's shit, just like the free games you get on steam. Yeah, they are free, but they're ass so it doesn't matter.

I'm stating what we see now was over hyped and not functional despite a shit ton of delays. I think Dust Runner sums it up pretty good.

2 hours ago, Dust Runner said:

Edited by Phil | OG
16 minutes ago, Azeh said:

Funny.

That's one of the funniest things.  I was a contributor.  A position they (Jesse) stated was one where you didn't have to be around very much and I wasn't around for a week or two cause I was busy lawing people in real life and due to that I got removed from being contributor.  And not one person attempted to reach out to me during that time.  Things will probably continue to progress on the server but extremely slowly like it has been with that philosophy. 

1 minute ago, Destrah said:

That's one of the funniest things.  I was a contributor.  A position they (Jesse) stated was one where you didn't have to be around very much and I wasn't around for a week or two cause I was busy lawing people in real life and due to that I got removed from being contributor.  And not one person attempted to reach out to me during that time.  Things will probably continue to progress on the server but extremely slowly like it has been with that philosophy. 

To be fair, there was a month and a half between your last commit and your removal.

Innate and Patato like this
12 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

V.2 was working fine for most of us. I figure pushing it out and having hot fixes every few days would be better than nothing. 

Yep. Even hotfixes every day, or once a week, or etc. Bug bounties when replicated with video evidence, etc.

5 minutes ago, Destrah said:

I wish there was a clever way to talk about Asylum's slow methodology for development. I just find it hilarious they are stealing plays from Paratus' playbook so commonly. I wouldn't want to model anything after Paratus in terms of development IMO. I also haven't been a developer though, so I have to assume it's incredibly stressful and difficult based on how many blunders the public has seen. Then you have ungrateful people being snarky, and everyone being pessimistic and an asshole. I try to stay positive, and I can't wait to express my gratitude should V2 release at some point.

Sorry if this comes off as disrespetcful, but also the one thing I'll never understand until I suddenly enjoy computer programming over networking is: "Hey, lets make our work as opaque as possible." It's quite the opposite in the latter field. Why can't we just get more information??? What specifically is holding back V2? Jesse's schedule? Clint's approval? Easy unloggable exploits? (just examples not being serious)

We just want more specific communication. I don't think the community is a bunch of bumbling apes enough to not understand: "Hey, we need our cleanup script working, and to fix this exploit that allows people to dupe money easily, and to update our database with all the donor and player info before V2. Here's a post with a checklist and when we complete each one. We'll update if anything causes delays."

Props to @Azeh and @Gen. Henry Arnold for at least responding to specific questions others and myself ask in regards to specific features. Just wish we had a proper deadline, but at this point everyone outside the admin and dev team thinks the reputation for meeting deadlines is completely busted. Personally I'd be setting more easy to attain deadlines, to build trust back up. Maybe that's caring too much though. In fact a lot of people will think my posts are caring to much. I just miss Asylum, and it seems within reach of popularity again. It'll never be as good but I can hope for a strong comeback.

Btw, Paratus is latin for: ready for either alternative. What a meme.

Ghost0fDawn, Keen12321 and Kawaii like this
3 hours ago, Gaskal said:

I want the v2 release more than most of the people here but

i think its way better to delay it a little bit than release it with game breaking bugs however i can't tell when its out but i can see we are about to see it live 

however all the future will be added very soon after release and the devs will have more time to focus on constants than trying to fix the servers since the issue is resolved 

I did not undertand a worrd this man just said.  :P But I agree !

Edited by Wop
50 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

Yep. Even hotfixes every day, or once a week, or etc. Bug bounties when replicated with video evidence, etc.

I wish there was a clever way to talk about Asylum's slow methodology for development. I just find it hilarious they are stealing plays from Paratus' playbook so commonly. I wouldn't want to model anything after Paratus in terms of development IMO. I also haven't been a developer though, so I have to assume it's incredibly stressful and difficult based on how many blunders the public has seen. Then you have ungrateful people being snarky, and everyone being pessimistic and an asshole. I try to stay positive, and I can't wait to express my gratitude should V2 release at some point.

Sorry if this comes off as disrespetcful, but also the one thing I'll never understand until I suddenly enjoy computer programming over networking is: "Hey, lets make our work as opaque as possible." It's quite the opposite in the latter field. Why can't we just get more information??? What specifically is holding back V2? Jesse's schedule? Clint's approval? Easy unloggable exploits? (just examples not being serious)

We just want more specific communication. I don't think the community is a bunch of bumbling apes enough to not understand: "Hey, we need our cleanup script working, and to fix this exploit that allows people to dupe money easily, and to update our database with all the donor and player info before V2. Here's a post with a checklist and when we complete each one. We'll update if anything causes delays."

Props to @Azeh and @Gen. Henry Arnold for at least responding to specific questions others and myself ask in regards to specific features. Just wish we had a proper deadline, but at this point everyone outside the admin and dev team thinks the reputation for meeting deadlines is completely busted. Personally I'd be setting more easy to attain deadlines, to build trust back up. Maybe that's caring too much though. In fact a lot of people will think my posts are caring to much. I just miss Asylum, and it seems within reach of popularity again. It'll never be as good but I can hope for a strong comeback.

Btw, Paratus is latin for: ready for either alternative. What a meme.

I strongly agree with a lot of this. So far running V2 on server 3 after the last week, I would say most of it is in a very nice point. Most of it appears to be running well and working. I would like to know what is left on the agenda before its ready to release to live. Whats the status on BH & Medic, whats the reason they arent on the test server? are they simply not written, or just inactive while being reworked. I don't know, but I would be more than happy to test whatever the last few kinks are that would help put V2 out the door sooner.

New content will be nice, but its not necessary for the first push to V2. Get it out to live, Give it a little while for hotfixes on current content first, then new content can come in. I can come in daily and submit a ticket over minute unimportant kinks in V2 no problem, but a priority list of what needs testing and finished would be nice.

1 hour ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

I strongly agree with a lot of this. So far running V2 on server 3 after the last week, I would say most of it is in a very nice point. Most of it appears to be running well and working. I would like to know what is left on the agenda before its ready to release to live. Whats the status on BH & Medic, whats the reason they arent on the test server? are they simply not written, or just inactive while being reworked. I don't know, but I would be more than happy to test whatever the last few kinks are that would help put V2 out the door sooner.

New content will be nice, but its not necessary for the first push to V2. Get it out to live, Give it a little while for hotfixes on current content first, then new content can come in. I can come in daily and submit a ticket over minute unimportant kinks in V2 no problem, but a priority list of what needs testing and finished would be nice.

Exactly. The only "new" content Asylum needs is the weapons and clothing which are added. Ez pz.