Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Admins need to have a way to respond to situations in game.

Recommended Posts

Personally I have never seen any admins respond to people needing help in game such as someone getting rdmed they ask In side chat for an admin no one responds then they are told to record and post a player report which most never do and then they eventually leave the server since nothing is getting done unless they record it happening. So I think the best solution would to be to add an admin chat or a way for players to contact admins using @ in game. This could allow a staff member to know that a player is requesting help. They would then have a little sheet to fill out in game it should be quick and short. Example: what happened? (There would be a list of thing saying bug exploit rdm other)I was rdmed. Who was the player that broke this rule?(it would show a list of players in game from there the player would select the name of the person who killed them or other for something that doesn’t involve a player). They would hit submit and the message would go to all active staff members on the server and from there they could select the report and get two options (bring player to you or goto player?) there the staff member could help out the player with the issue by looking through the logs to find out about who killed who and if there is a bug etc. The devs would have to figure something out about how the staff could figure it out through logs or etc. 

this is something I feel would help keep new players when starting out fresh and feel like the servers have active admins. Develop  and edit this idea as you please so this could possibly happen!

Edited by Dillon

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

You know there is a message online admins button on the phone right?

Forgot about that since haven’t used that in awhile whoops!

Just now, HomeUser said:

Admins can not spectate 50+ people at once. They have no idea if you got a text or if someone said hands up to you over voice. What do you expect them to do? Take your word and just ban the guy

That’s where I mean they should have access to a log of all messages etc I’ve seen other severs do this with 40+ people I dont see what could be wrong with it.

Wop likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Dillon said:

That’s where I mean they should have access to a log of all messages etc I’ve seen other severs do this with 40+ people I dont see what could be wrong with it.

They probably do but they have 100 better things to do than sit there reading logs

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Lucien said:

Admins need you to make a report because they can't prove people are/aren't initiating etc without a report. Audio won't be in logs...

That’s the issue we face and that’s a fact we have to accept problem is new players don’t accept that so in that range yes they have to make a report that’s the issue we face with this idea

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Dillon said:

Forgot about that since haven’t used that in awhile whoops!

That’s where I mean they should have access to a log of all messages etc I’ve seen other severs do this with 40+ people I dont see what could be wrong with it.

We have lots for messages, but there is no such thing as audio logs..... THAT is the very reason we say place an RDM report via the ticket system.. and as Henry said:

3 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

You know there is a message online admins button on the phone right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Jake said:

We have lots for messages, but there is no such thing as audio logs..... THAT is the very reason we say place an RDM report via the ticket system.. and as Henry said:

 

Yea the audio logs is what can make this idea fail I don’t expect that to ever be possible.  But yes that is where the player reports come in. I never said this was going to be easy just a suggestion to keep in mind 

Edited by Dillon

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Dillon said:

Yea the audio logs is what can make this idea fail I don’t expect that to ever be possible.  But yes that is where the player reports come in. I never said this was going to be easy just a suggestion to keep in mind 

The problem is that its not only audio that admins wont see... they can't spectate you to watch if you get intentionally vdmed, someone exploits to kill you... a majority of things cannot easily be dealt with ingame

Other servers (modded communities) have admins ready for you to report someone all the time, but thats not possible as you don't have to be available in ts on asylum so we need reports to store info for appeals etc

Share this post


Link to post

having admins online at all times would make the admin role seem more of a job than it already is, and even having admins in game is pointless because often when people cry rdm in chat the situation is normally more complicated than just "he rdmed me," thats why proof is needed and an analysis of the situation, I would prefer the moderation being how it is rather than this server turning into Dark RP

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Huan Lee said:

having admins online at all times would make the admin role seem more of a job than it already is, and even having admins in game is pointless because often when people cry rdm in chat the situation is normally more complicated than just "he rdmed me," thats why proof is needed and an analysis of the situation, I would prefer the moderation being how it is rather than this server turning into Dark RP

Nice gmod reference :)

Share this post


Link to post

I mean also the admins can't always tell 100% even if they are there unless they themselves are RDM'ed simply because they don't know if you were called/texted prior or where you've been and who you've initiated on etc. That's why the standard go to is record and report. If you are having an issue with RDM the easiest way to avoid is it so never visit Kavala. I personally haven't been RDM'ed much at all outside of Kavala.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Personally I have never seen any admins respond to people needing help in game such as someone getting rdmed they ask In side chat for an admin no one responds then they are told to record and post a player report which most never do and then they eventually leave the server since nothing is getting done unless they record it happening. So I think the best solution would to be to add an admin chat or a way for players to contact admins using @ in game. This could allow a staff member to know that a player is requesting help. They would then have a little sheet to fill out in game it should be quick and short. Example: what happened? (There would be a list of thing saying bug exploit rdm other)I was rdmed. Who was the player that broke this rule?(it would show a list of players in game from there the player would select the name of the person who killed them or other for something that doesn’t involve a player). They would hit submit and the message would go to all active staff members on the server and from there they could select the report and get two options (bring player to you or goto player?) there the staff member could help out the player with the issue by looking through the logs to find out about who killed who and if there is a bug etc. The devs would have to figure something out about how the staff could figure it out through logs or etc. 

this is something I feel would help keep new players when starting out fresh and feel like the servers have active admins. Develop  and edit this idea as you please so this could possibly happen!

I help people in game when I can. For example, "Help I am stuck, I am stranded etc." If there is an issue such as RDM/Combat log etc, that is why we have a report system in place. We cannot watch everyone on the server at once. There is a nice button on the phone that sends a message to all available admins. I wont speak for all admins but personally when I log on Asylum, I am there to play. When I am off Asylum, I do player reports, comp requests ban appeals etc. Unless something happens right in front of me. I will respond in side chat to help someone or help them if it is an issue I can solve immediately and quickly (TP them from being stuck, ill help new players who are stranded and TP them to a car garage etc.) What was the reason this topic was made? We also have the ability to admin message specific players so if someone asks for an admin in chat we can start a PM dialogue with them. Just because you do not see it does not mean we do nothing. 

BlackShot likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Admins cant be online in the server 24/7.

Admins cannot prove rdm/vdm if you cry in sidechat.

Messages are logged but they aint gonna check because you asked ingame, make a report.

Message online admins works if someone is mass rdm/vdm'ing.

If they add a @ feature for admins in game you best believe people will just spam that shit for the luls.

Shit works fine, think before posting. i guarantee if you took 5 minutes to think before making this you would have realized.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611789c49950c4cf2e5aa

 

 

Zoex, Mason, Steve and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post

Hey,

 

 

Heck if I'd have a dollar for every side chat message saying " I'm being RDMed in Kavala" I'd be rich.


If someone claims there is a mass RDMer, and we see multiple deaths in the chat logs under his name, we do take a look when online.
If someone asks for help in an Admin message when he is stuck in a place where he wasn't supposed to be during normal gameplay, we provide help.


In-game, we mostly want to play the game, in the end of the day our job is 100% voluntary, when I'm in-game, I I'd like to play it just like you do.
I'm not going to pull an inspector gadget move and start exploring every time someone cries about RDM in side chat, however I usually toss an Admin message saying something along the lines "Go report on our forums", we do need to see your prospective to judge the situation, and a report provides the easiest way for us to do so.

 

TL;DR - as long as its not a Mass VDM/RDM or a scripter, there is no reason for us to take care of it on the spot, submit a report and the player will receive his fair share of punishment.

 

 

 

P.S - Wanna avoid most of that shit? Just avoid Kavala :frog:


Kind Regards, DJScias Zoex

Mason, eazy:( and Lucien like this

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Zoex said:

Hey,

 

 

Heck if I'd have a dollar for every side chat message saying " I'm being RDMed in Kavala" I'd be rich.


If someone claims there is a mass RDMer, and we see multiple deaths in the chat logs under his name, we do take a look when online.
If someone asks for help in an Admin message when he is stuck in a place where he wasn't supposed to be during normal gameplay, we provide help.


In-game, we mostly want to play the game, in the end of the day our job is 100% voluntary, I'm not going to pull an inspector gadget move and start exploring every time someone cries about RDM in side chat, however I usually toss an Admin message saying something along the lines "Go report on our forums", we do need to see your prospective to judge the situation, and a report provides the easiest way for us to do so.

 

TL;DR - as long as its not a Mass VDM/RDM or a scripter, there is no reason for us to take care of it on the spot, submit a report and the player will receive his fair share of punishment.

 

 

 

P.S - Wanna avoid most of that shit? Just avoid Kavala :frog:


Kind Regards, DJScias Zoex

This is about the the extent I feel it needs to be in too. People don't understand that. Mass VDM/RDM is about the only thing you can logically step out of your way to check.

However I do roll my eyes at the "Just leave kavala" argument often. Whether you are or are not a Kavalan, the fact remains that a strong number of new players will end up in kavala because it's the default spawn at the top of the list. I feel it does have an influence on a new players desire to stick around when they join into a bad kavala situation, and only get hammered with "duh just leave kavala" and get harassed for being in kavala when they couldn't know any better.

1. A lot of cops hate kavala and wont go to kavala, and for fair reason. They get downed and kidnapped almost instantly by trolls with no further intention.
2. Regulars including trolls will hands up or die fresh spawns with no further intentions than to shoot.
3. VDM Central.

Of course it's no easy solution, and I don't know what would be the correct changes, but I've always been against the "its kavala" thing, because its very one-dimensional and ignores an important fact. Kavala is by nature "starter zone" and we do very little to adress that. I think it could be done better.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ghost0fDawn said:

This is about the the extent I feel it needs to be in too. People don't understand that. Mass VDM/RDM is about the only thing you can logically step out of your way to check.

However I do roll my eyes at the "Just leave kavala" argument often. Whether you are or are not a Kavalan, the fact remains that a strong number of new players will end up in kavala because it's the default spawn at the top of the list. I feel it does have an influence on a new players desire to stick around when they join into a bad kavala situation, and only get hammered with "duh just leave kavala" and get harassed for being in kavala when they couldn't know any better.

1. A lot of cops hate kavala and wont go to kavala, and for fair reason. They get downed and kidnapped almost instantly by trolls with no further intention.
2. Regulars including trolls will hands up or die fresh spawns with no further intentions than to shoot.
3. VDM Central.

Of course it's no easy solution, and I don't know what would be the correct changes, but I've always been against the "its kavala" thing, because its very one-dimensional and ignores an important fact. Kavala is by nature "starter zone" and we do very little to adress that. I think it could be done better.

I dunno where did I say I disagree with the fact its where new players spawn, clearly this guy made a forum post therefore he is able to read what I said, and is able to know now he should leave Kavala to avoid that.

During the 6.5+- years I've been around A3 life servers, Kavala was always the main spawn, and I never disagreed with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Zoex said:

I dunno where did I say I disagree with the fact its where new players spawn, clearly this guy made a forum post therefore he is able to read what I said, and is able to know now he should leave Kavala to avoid that.

During the 6.5+- years I've been around A3 life servers, Kavala was always the main spawn, and I never disagreed with that.

I never meant to claim that you did, only that the "just leave kavala" is a small solution to a larger problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mason said:

I help people in game when I can. For example, "Help I am stuck, I am stranded etc." If there is an issue such as RDM/Combat log etc, that is why we have a report system in place. We cannot watch everyone on the server at once. There is a nice button on the phone that sends a message to all available admins. I wont speak for all admins but personally when I log on Asylum, I am there to play. When I am off Asylum, I do player reports, comp requests ban appeals etc. Unless something happens right in front of me. I will respond in side chat to help someone or help them if it is an issue I can solve immediately and quickly (TP them from being stuck, ill help new players who are stranded and TP them to a car garage etc.) What was the reason this topic was made? We also have the ability to admin message specific players so if someone asks for an admin in chat we can start a PM dialogue with them. Just because you do not see it does not mean we do nothing. 

I made this post because I saw the other post a guy made saying only you can change asylum etc etc with new players not wanting to report since its to much work apparently but with most of my suggestions I gotta think I kinda think about and think it’s a great idea! And then as people point out why it wouldn’t be only then do I realize it’s not a great idea.

1 hour ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Admins cant be online in the server 24/7.

Admins cannot prove rdm/vdm if you cry in sidechat.

Messages are logged but they aint gonna check because you asked ingame, make a report.

Message online admins works if someone is mass rdm/vdm'ing.

If they add a @ feature for admins in game you best believe people will just spam that shit for the luls.

Shit works fine, think before posting. i guarantee if you took 5 minutes to think before making this you would have realized.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611789c49950c4cf2e5aa

 

 

Yea that’s what happens with all my posts at this point :p

Edited by Dillon

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...