New Money Making Method - Uranium

After reading @Luciens recent suggestion for a new money making I figured we could definitely do better (Sorry). With the recent release of v2 and the Arma 3 Contact content, I don’t think there is a better time than now to suggest this idea I’ve had for a while now. 

Background: A substantial amount of uranium was found underground in Altis. One (or several) mines have been opened up. They are located in remote areas due to the strong radioactivity. Miners may be searched by the APD at any time while in the 300m radius at either the mine or refinery to check for the proper licensing.

How it works: Only players with the proper equipment (hazmat suit and/or gas mask) may enter the mine without being harmed by the radioactivity. In order to mine, a player will need the clothing listed above and a pickaxe. Uranium can be collected in the player’s Y-Inventory and stored in any vehicle. The raw uranium can be taken to the uranium refinery where it can be turned into processed uranium (license required). The processed uranium can be sold at the commodities trader for a fair price.

Final Notes:

1. This is only a suggestion and things can be changed so don't flame me.

2. I don’t know if half this stuff is even possible.

3. I see how the clothing requirement could be voided as most do not have the DLC and will have watermarks when they have it on.

4. Can be illegal/legal. Either could be argued

5. If you have any suggestions, please comment below!

6. #Lucien4Sgt

Copa, WiIIiam, Blake. and 4 others like this

i mean you could make it legal and illegal process it into fuel rods for the power station for the legal part

and for the illegal part turn it into uranium 238 which is what nukes are made from and sell it to jihadi dave or something 2 different processes for the same original item the illegal one worth more money or something

17 minutes ago, MagicSpoon said:

i mean you could make it legal and illegal process it into fuel rods for the power station for the legal part

and for the illegal part turn it into uranium 238 which is what nukes are made from and sell it to jihadi dave or something 2 different processes for the same original item the illegal one worth more money or something

Based on @Gen. Henry Arnold 's comment it seems like he already has something lined up. I'm interested to see what exactly is planned.

14 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Oi just a thing if you die within range of the mine without the proper equipment how is police gonna check it 

Make the search range like 150m AROUND the actual area aka danger zone sorta like a 360 degree checkpoint with a bit of buffer.

The APD would also need the masks/suits to enter the area

21 hours ago, Tarro said:

After reading @Luciens recent suggestion for a new money making I figured we could definitely do better (Sorry). With the recent release of v2 and the Arma 3 Contact content, I don’t think there is a better time than now to suggest this idea I’ve had for a while now. 

Background: A substantial amount of uranium was found underground in Altis. One (or several) mines have been opened up. They are located in remote areas due to the strong radioactivity. Miners may be searched by the APD at any time while in the 300m radius at either the mine or refinery to check for the proper licensing.

How it works: Only players with the proper equipment (hazmat suit and/or gas mask) may enter the mine without being harmed by the radioactivity. In order to mine, a player will need the clothing listed above and a pickaxe. Uranium can be collected in the player’s Y-Inventory and stored in any vehicle. The raw uranium can be taken to the uranium refinery where it can be turned into processed uranium (license required). The processed uranium can be sold at the commodities trader for a fair price.

Final Notes:

1. This is only a suggestion and things can be changed so don't flame me.

2. I don’t know if half this stuff is even possible.

3. I see how the clothing requirement could be voided as most do not have the DLC and will have watermarks when they have it on.

4. Can be illegal/legal. Either could be argued

5. If you have any suggestions, please comment below!

6. #Lucien4Sgt

+1

Tarro likes this
1 hour ago, Raza said:

That bunker location looked like the bunker near Pyrgos. Make the northwest side of Altis relevant again since there hasn't been a cartel there in ages. We don't need another place so close to a major city.

Was thinking about that. Would bring some life to the forgotten part of altis. Although with distance like that I feel that it should reward more for the trouble getting out there.

14 minutes ago, Tarro said:

Was thinking about that. Would bring some life to the forgotten part of altis. Although with distance like that I feel that it should reward more for the trouble getting out there.

make it lucrative, make sense and have a decent reward. Possibly LEGAL when its raw, illegal when it's processed due to the how "lethal" it is. I mean raw uranium ore isn't all that radioactive but refining it brings out the radioactive properties more

Edited by Raza