v2 Bounty Hunter Discussion

v2 Bounty Hunter Discussion  

147 members have voted

1. 1. v2 Bounty Hunter Discussion

• Keep Bounty Hunter as was in v1
    • Increase minimum track bounty
    • Nerf Bounty Hunter gear
    • Remove Bounty Hunter

Copied valid discussion from previous thread. Vote or discuss. Offtopic discussion will be removed.

On 8/18/2019 at 12:06 PM, Smee said:

i have a good part of 800k ( with the tree ), and to be honest  skip tracer with mx's was way to OP for bounty hunters to make money ( IMO nerf the guns the hunters have )

On 8/18/2019 at 3:24 PM, Dust Runner said:

Tbh I think you split the poll too much. Makes it look bad and hard to pull an actual consensus from.

Should just be "Nerf bounty hunter upon release in some way from what it was" or"Keep bounty hunter power level as it was before release"

Because while I'd be happy to see BH removed, too many people want to keep it/devs want to keep it. Dunno why because with the amount of power old BH has, it just turns cops into a big gang of BH.

Nvm, that probably is why, because they are literally cops that don't have to RP with a lot of power. haha

I've always thought BH having as much potential as the police in strength was retarded though. Someone get that video of me calling Bamf a retard the day of release of the 6.5 BH update.  It was dumb then and it's been dumb since. Change my mind.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, Joecool said:

In my opinion bounty hunters are somewhat needed to supplement the lack of police on some servers.

23 hours ago, jeans said:

What if they gave the player being tracked by the BH a notification whenever they're traced. 

22 hours ago, Tyler said:

To be honest Bounty Hunters are literally in between Corporals and SGTs equivalent in the APD. They don't have MXMs but they have Hunters which imo is retarded not only that the only RP they have to do is "Hands up" and next thing you know you're in jail for an hour.

21 hours ago, danile666 said:

I ticked the 25k thing since its kinda gay to be in a rat fight and get carted off with that 5k by an unrelated party.  Make it 25k so people don't just get nabbed out of nowhere.  

17 hours ago, Elaiscancer said:

Playing longer and longer without them, I don't even really want bounty hunter back.  It's nice to fight other gangs and nobody pull out a downing gun and start sending people to jail.  

16 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

They do nothing for the server except piss people off. in 4 of the 5 spawn cities there is 1 place you can pull a car. All they have to do is sit at that one place and wait for the paychecks to run right to them. Not a whole lot of hunting going on in my opinion. I cant remember being caught by bounty hunters at a cartel/bank/fed/prison/turf ever in my entire time playing. All they do is patrol major towns. Almost like there is a whitelisted faction tasked with doing exactly that when not responding to major crimes that does a much better job at treating civs fairly. 

And if camping DMV gets boring they can hold cops hostage that are forced to sit there talking with them or face getting their whitelist removed. 

tldr: Nerf them to the ground or remove

16 hours ago, Wop said:

At the same time I think about the times when my friends and I, tedious as it may have been had to fend off bounty hunters in waves.  Those moments would not have happened if things were different.  So there is that.  Also that feeling of having to watch your back is missing.  So there are some things that we may not want to admit.  Idk maybe it bounty hunting should just be added back and left as is.  Doesn't really matter too much to me personally.

16 hours ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

Maybe not ideal but...

-put the bounty hunter shop outside of the city so people have to actually drive to get a weapon.

-Increase the times it takes to track a fugitive.

-Remove courthouse in Therisa

15 hours ago, ron the player said:

What's the fun of sending players to jail? It makes bounty hunters being more hated and untrusted. I would never understand those people.

13 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

My thoughts as someone who doesn’t even play as a bounty hunter.

-Our bounty hunters != Olympus bounty hunters.

-Increasing the minimum track bounty is great to keep new players and players with self defense charges safe, while keeping the large bounties acting cautious.

-With jail times being reduced by a large factor and the ability to press plates to reduce time, bounty hunting still adds to the combat of Asylum, and why complain about extra fights. Not all bounty hunters hunt for bounties, some just kidnap and rob and add to the experience.

-Why prevent bounty hunters from having the Hunter/MXs when rebels get Ifrits, 50cals, armed qilins, 762, RPG’s, Sui vests etc.

-We’re trying to add content, not remove it.

-Vigi is a large part of Asylum, it’s even in the server name. It’s something that other servers may not even have and brings attention to ours.

5 hours ago, Defragments said:

Looks to me like some people don't pay their small bounty off before doing a drug run. I think 25k minimum is too big. I personally wouldn't have a minimum. If you get a small charge and are worried about getting bounty hunted, go pay it off as soon as you can. Most of the bounties I get on the server aren't even 25k, and the ones that are more than that are always flying around in an orca with 10 people.

3 hours ago, Wop said:

Its the hunt.  The fun of beating other people as well.  The fun is in sending them to jail as its part of the game, it means you won.  You've accomplished your goal.  I don't expect you to understand too much with your IQ tbh... But that being said its part of the game and bounty hunting can be fun.  I play rebel myself and cop when I want to go after bounties.  But I know a lot of people that bounty hunt and I'd do it too.  Its fun to make people angry and rage as well.  I love it.

Like Defragments said if you have a small bounty and you are worried about it go pay it off noob we all been there.  All I really see is people crying about part of the game that gets them beat.  Hell I've gotten angry and raged at how things went too with bounty hunters.  Doesn't mean I'm going to ask them to change it.

1 hour ago, danile666 said:

I am not worried about doing a drug run with a 5k, what is annoying is when ur in town and have to shoot someone.  Bounty hunter will down, restrain, and start rolling you.  Go to jail for 5k just trying to defend urself...kinda gay and no opprotunity to turn urself in

1 hour ago, MrJackintheBox said:

This should remain a part of this game. I've been playing on the servers for many years. Rebel is fun, but bounty hunting is what really made this server great for me and my friends. Plz bring it back to stay. I have so much honor in the BH tree. Like this is crazy. Rebel players will always complain. Kinda funny how they get 7.62 weapons and we get 6.5 and they yell nerf. Really lmao. 

Keep it. I like playing BH solo and there's no fucking chance of a solo player getting any bounty over 50k unless it's an RDMing combat logger in Kavala. 

Maybe >10k, but >25k is too large for solo bounty hunters.

The people complaining about doing drug runs with a 5k bounty don't even leave Kavala. Cops don't patrol Kavala, so the bounty hunters do it for them. 

Edited by Reformed epTic
StevieDeeks and 王 rando 王 like this

I really believe equipment should stay as is with a raise in minimum bounty. 

Bounty hunters can go where cops can't and serve a purpose. Policing the server where and when the APD can't. 

If you remove or need bring back cartel raids and lower the requirements from before. 

People shouldn't be safe to do crime because they are afraid of being out played.

Also I think the poll should be remove or nerf. Then a second poll about how to need once concluded. Votes are gunnanbe split heavily this way

Edited by danile666
Gays
Bherky, MR. COW, Revenant and 1 other like this
30 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

They do nothing for the server except piss people off. in 4 of the 5 spawn cities there is 1 place you can pull a car. All they have to do is sit at that one place and wait for the paychecks to run right to them. Not a whole lot of hunting going on in my opinion. I cant remember being caught by bounty hunters at a cartel/bank/fed/prison/turf ever in my entire time playing. All they do is patrol major towns. Almost like there is a whitelisted faction tasked with doing exactly that when not responding to major crimes that does a much better job at treating civs fairly. 

And if camping DMV gets boring they can hold cops hostage that are forced to sit there talking with them or face getting their whitelist removed. 

tldr: Nerf them to the ground or remove

+1

I'd like BH to be removed or at least heavily nerfed.  V1 bounty hunter was basically a improved rebel license.  I would be okay with BH's having MXs but they should not get coveralls and shit like that or a hunter.  Obviously a much higher minimum bounty is needed like 25k or higher.  also, I think rebel should always be made better than BH and the route players will want to go.  V1 bounty hunter was better logically in my opinion, you could do rebel shit better and with downing guns which are an advantage because anyone you ziptie can't come back and get another chance of get getting their stolen shit back.  If you're playing BH you should be more forced to play as someone following laws and if you are downing people who aren't your bounty or stealing shit you should be insta jailed for abusing the license like the old days.  Just some thoughts, although I rather see BH gone.  Fighting is more fun without them.  Maybe the solution is to make constable more fun to play?

Edited by Elaiscancer
26 minutes ago, [§] Alex said:

People who are voting to remove BH, but they have very little to no honor should not have a valid vote.

People who try to gatekeep a community discussion should suck my knob.

I like the idea that Bounty hunters can fill in when police are not around but I think a better way to handle abusive hunters is to say deny bounty hunter licenses after a certain amount of charges related to abusing the license. This way, an abusive bounty hunter cannot get the gear or the license for X amount of time due to their abuse of their power.

Sheriff Rick and MR. COW like this

TBH i dont even play anymore but i wouldn't want to see Bounty hunters removed if i were playing.. Everyone who says Remove them are salty rebels who get shot in the back at a cartel.. if you want to fight without that risk fuck off to a cqc server :) this is a lite RP server... Bounty hunters have been in the game since the start and tbh it gives new players a way to make money while fighting... I do think it needs to be changed a little in the sense of yes they are very Over powered in some aspects of the game but other parts they are not.. For example.

Zip ties shouldn't last 10 minutes unless the person who restrained you is within 5m of you (prevents you from being downed, restrained and left) if they down/restrain and leave you then they should last 2-3min.. 

I think it shouldnt be as easy as down, restrain, arrest. there should be a time involved, example. you must take them to the court house wait X amount before being able to arrest, a counter to this is if you down and restrain someone in kavala then you would have to wait 5-10min, however driving/flying to athria/pygros would remove this time. this is a good way to prevent people from sitting in one city/bounty boosting/people sitting on the atm roof because they would know they get hit with even more time, not just the 45min in jail it would mean them being driven to another city or 10mins of waiting. 

Guns.. some guns are too cheap for how good they are. ammo should be more expensive. i remember people having 20-30mags on them per loadout... like wut. 

the talent tree needs a rework, not too sure on what because its been awhile. 

Edit: being tracked for a 5k bounty is cancer, maybe raise it to 10k or add a (Chance) too it, so if your bounty is 5k-10k you have a smaller chance to get tracked than someone who has a 15k. idk, but 5k is just shit. 

Just my thoughts. 

Edited by Crossfade
danile666, MR. COW, Revenant and 1 other like this
19 minutes ago, Elaiscancer said:

That's a start.  Also remove pilot coveralls for BH and increase the price of the license so if you do get caught doing illegal shit it will cost you

+1000. I don't think BH should be totally removed as it has its place in Asylum, but it was made far too strong and unfair to be fun for all parties involved. The honor trees were relatively balanced, but having coveralls and MX's and the ability to buy Carrier's at skip really pushed it way over the edge. Seeing it come back close to how it was without those things and a higher minimum bounty to start chasing would probably be the best start. 

From what I could notice, these are the main issues and they can all be addressed:

BOUNTY HUNTERS ARE TOO OVERPOWERED
- Restrict 5.56 rifles access to skip tracer and increase their prices.
- Increase price of Hunter and/or let it be unlocked via BH honor tree only.
- Reconsider pilot coveralls.

BOUNTY HUNTERS SEND EVERYONE TO JAIL
- Increase minimum bounty price to something between 15-25k. That wouldn't punish self-defense cases and allows time to pay off bounties (courthouse or cop ticket).

BOUNTY HUNTERS ARE CONSTANTLY DOWNING AND LEAVING PEOPLE RESTRAINED
- Increase BH license price by at least 200-300% (but perhaps don't make it so rebel license replaces it, just add a cooldown on switching them).
- Cops are *required* to seize Bounty Hunters licenses if: they kidnap cops or civs OR they down a civ who doesn't have a bounty, isn't armed and charge is prested.
 (Cop vs. BH policy could be better discussed. Just some ideas to make it less worth for Bounty Hunters to abuse their powers.)

Ghost0fDawn likes this
6 minutes ago, Kawaii said:

+1000. I don't think BH should be totally removed as it has its place in Asylum, but it was made far too strong and unfair to be fun for all parties involved. The honor trees were relatively balanced, but having coveralls and MX's and the ability to buy Carrier's at skip really pushed it way over the edge. Seeing it come back close to how it was without those things and a higher minimum bounty to start chasing would probably be the best start. 

Lmao of course you say nerf them more. So much hate cause you get outplayed. Yet funny how your bullets can go through walls. And still cry to nerf and take body armor. 

Edited by MrJackintheBox
4 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

From what I could notice, these are the main issues and they can all be addressed:

- Increase minimum bounty price to something between 15-25k. That wouldn't punish self-defense cases and allows time to pay off bounties (courthouse or cop ticket).

- Increase BH license price by at least 200-300% (but perhaps don't make it so rebel license replaces it, just add a cooldown on switching them).
- Cops are *required* to seize Bounty Hunters licenses if: they kidnap cops or civs OR they down a civ who doesn't have a bounty, isn't armed and charge is prested.
 (Cop vs. BH policy could be better discussed. Just some ideas to make it less worth for Bounty Hunters to abuse their powers.)

Sad day for bounty hunters. rebels get everything I guess. 

Revenant likes this
20 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

I would add that you should lose a significant amount of honor (20kish) if you are ever sent to jail with a BH licence.

Crossfade and Ghost0fDawn like this

The poll is swinging heavily towards keep BH but with various nerfs.  

I would not suggest that the mx be removed, that is just dumb.  Rebels outplay cops all day long against MX's.  So just learn to outplay bounty hunters too?  People just want stuff handed to them and do not want to have to watch their backs.  

I do not think the Pilot Coverall discussion is really valid...limit one whole legal money making tracks ability to defend themselves because of some salty rebels.  

I never play bounty hunter anymore, but having that challenge removed from the game would make the island more dull.  We should be increasing stuff, not getting rid of it.  

Raise Min Bounty
Raise Prices
Raise BH license cost
Rework APD - BH guidelines
Increased/decreased timers for sending to jail and restraint length

All of these are viable IMO, bounty hunters should be doing legal stuff anyways, and fear losing load outs as much as a rebel. 

This wave of rebels being scared of everything is silly.  Should we just delete all other factions for them and have AI that dont move so they can increase their killstreaks? 

Quit being a bunch of pussies.  

1 minute ago, Lucien said:

20k honor is the equivalent of sending 1mil in bounties... bounty hunters should not be punished in this way considering how there is an entire honor tree with a focus on commiting crimes

The only reason cops let you carry legal 5.56 and 6.5 is because you are supposed to go after bountys. Shouldn't be a problem for actual bounty hunters and will only be a deterrent to spending an entire day kidnapping people.

BH should be removed entirely I'm just suggesting something that might negate the negative impact they have on the server. 

Just now, Lucien said:

The point I was making was to show how the current system would not work with this as a bounty hunter naturally receives a bounty while doing their job legally. A cop would understand this and go easy on them but another bounty hunter would not. Not to mention that the predator honor tree allows someone to be more effective at robbing the person they bounty hunt

A nerf that might be possible is to just make mxs illegal and make skiptracer more of an illegal government surplus shop.

Why make mx's illegal.  mk's are so much more effective.  This is just Bots complaining about getting outplayed

Revenant and MrJackintheBox like this
Just now, Lucien said:

Just trying to suggest a middleground to start a compromise with those who want it completely gone

I think there are some changes that could happen, like the minimum bounty and maybe less time in restraints/cost raising.  But honestly I do not feel a compromise is due here in regards to gear and effectiveness.  Bounty hunters have less effective gear than rebels already.  They are usually very out numbered and have to think about their plays.

Again these dudes should just nut up and think of ways to counter a bounty hunter, instead of ruining the fun for the rest of us who enjoy fighting all the different groups on the server.  It is one of the many things that make asylum asylum.    

Space and MrJackintheBox like this
21 minutes ago, danile666 said:

This wave of rebels being scared of everything is silly.  Should we just delete all other factions for them and have AI that dont move so they can increase their killstreaks? 

2 minutes ago, danile666 said:

Again these dudes should just nut up and think of ways to counter a bounty hunter

You must be insane dude. Just me personally but the sight of someone roleplay walking around kavala with a tan mx and a carryall backpack scares me all the way back to my safespace (arms island). BH's cant catch me because thats where all the AHK using ban evaders are.

1 hour ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

The MX can also be made to cost as much as a mk1 to match the price of a rebel loadout

MX is is 6.5 (Cannot shoot though hunters and ifrit) 

MK is 7.62 (Can shoot trough hunters and ifrit)

What should happend is right now mx is 7k, TRG is also 7k. who would want to buy a trg when you can buy a mx? reduce price of trg to 6k and keep MX at 7k,

1 hour ago, Crossfade said:

TBH i dont even play anymore but i wouldn't want to see Bounty hunters removed if i were playing.. Everyone who says Remove them are salty rebels who get shot in the back at a cartel.. if you want to fight without that risk fuck off to a cqc server :) this is a lite RP server... Bounty hunters have been in the game since the start and tbh it gives new players a way to make money while fighting... I do think it needs to be changed a little in the sense of yes they are very Over powered in some aspects of the game but other parts they are not.. For example.

Zip ties shouldn't last 10 minutes unless the person who restrained you is within 5m of you (prevents you from being downed, restrained and left) if they down/restrain and leave you then they should last 2-3min.. 

I think it shouldnt be as easy as down, restrain, arrest. there should be a time involved, example. you must take them to the court house wait X amount before being able to arrest, a counter to this is if you down and restrain someone in kavala then you would have to wait 5-10min, however driving/flying to athria/pygros would remove this time. this is a good way to prevent people from sitting in one city/bounty boosting/people sitting on the atm roof because they would know they get hit with even more time, not just the 45min in jail it would mean them being driven to another city or 10mins of waiting. 

Guns.. some guns are too cheap for how good they are. ammo should be more expensive. i remember people having 20-30mags on them per loadout... like wut. 

the talent tree needs a rework, not too sure on what because its been awhile. 

Edit: being tracked for a 5k bounty is cancer, maybe raise it to 10k or add a (Chance) too it, so if your bounty is 5k-10k you have a smaller chance to get tracked than someone who has a 15k. idk, but 5k is just shit. 

Just my thoughts. 

+1 to needing to wait to arrest someone (just like how you need to when your the final bouty hunter level

+1 to zipties breaking if the boutny hunter is more then 1 km away (this could be abused though if he dies, so would need to be 3-4 minutes then breaks)

I have never heard of people with 20-30 mags on them...  MX for cop is 2.4k, mx for bh is 7k, katiba is 6k, mk is 10k. price is already good.

1 hour ago, BlackShot said:

Most people that say ''remove mx'' are salty because they get ratted in therisa by a guy with a po7, removing the mx will not change anything. Also if your complaining of a bounty hunter attacking you at a cartel and you lose, clearly your doing something wrong considering you have mks and cars that they cannot shoot when your in them

Hunters are already 100k, ifrits are 90-95k, Hunters are alot easier to kill if your inside then someone in a ifrit

Pilot and CSATS should not be removed since cops have them, rebels have them, bh should also have them. if this happens you will see me at rebel buying 100 pilots to put in my house

+1 to 7-15k minimum bounty (this would give you time to turn yourself in if you kill someone in self defence.  

Bh license could be the same as a rebel license

Cops already need to take a license when abused, if your using it in self defence  or someone is clearly annoying you, you should not be punished for shooting them once (Restraining them yes)

------------

MY SUGGESTION

Change MX from 500 honour to 20k honour

When you get it removed for abusing the license you cannot buy it again for 1 hour (not for being arrested since this could be for multuple reasons not connected to abusing your license

Add 5.56 lethels for apex predator at skiptracer (you already have it for 6.5)

Not get a charge for unlawfull detainment if someone is in a group with your bounty (maybe change it to lawfull detainment?)

Add a proccesing timer when arresting someone (10 seconds to 1 minute)

Fix where your zipties break after 10 minutes when being proccesed 

Edited by Nicolas March
danile666 and Revenant like this

Bounty hunter has been on the server since the get go so i dont think it should be removed, its good fun at times and you can make a killing. 

What i do think should be done is remove the hunter and either remove or match the mx prices with that of rebel and if that does happen then increase bounty minimum. Also there are newer guns right now that might work well for bounty hunter like the promet so who knows.

Although right now bounty hunter is gone and its nice to not have to look over your shoulder its always been a part of nearly all life servers so i dont see the harm in keeping it just reworking it to fix the new direction of the server.

TL;DR: Turn bounty hunter into what it was before the MX, keep the honor and increase the bounty minimum. 

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy

Being a bounty hunter is way more fun for me and my group because we can almost always be guaranteed a fight and it gives us a sort of mission to do when we get on instead of having to wait 40 min for someone to finally fight me at a cartel or some shit or fight a massive army of cops. I can actually go out and get a good fight (sometimes) and I get paid to shoot people.  Its a different playstyle from all the other factions and its the most unique thing on asylum. If you really wanna "nerf" it make it so new players cant just log on and instantly have an MX since that seems what most people are crying about. Make it so you have to actually progress in the honor trees to get better gear. And honestly raising the min bounty is something most of us wanted anyways because its really annoying to get bounties for people that are like 2.5-10k. It would be stupid as fuck if BH was removed because I know alot of people probably wont come back and itll kill more of the remaining pop of the server. Also I havent read most of the suggestions in this thread because most of the people making the suggestions dont even play BH and are just pulling BS suggestions out of their ass.

Just now, wollie35 said:

this and cops send you to jail for stupid reasons all the time. You should never be losing honor, just like cops and rebels dont lose prestige.

Especially not losing it 20k at a time lmfao. You get ~2k for 6 digit bounties, if that.

8 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

The MX can also be made to cost as much as a mk1 to match the price of a rebel loadout

its already only 3-4k less. it would be stupid to make a 6.5 the same price as a mk1. the price should stay cheaper because its got less range and less pen. 

Sikorsky, Erik and Space like this